IGNORED

Rethinking Vision Forum

Witsec7

First off let me say that Doug Phillips is a tool.

I don't know how I ever missed this site, but I've been reading about the abuses of VF on

http://rethinkingvisionforum.wordpress.com/

Douggie has been a fey tool that was snarkworthy to me but after reading this blog I do feel he and Beal are evil. I don't toss the word evil about, because to me it implies some supernatural characteristics. Now after going though all the posts on the site, I'm feeling kind of sick that they can go out and costume that evil in period clothing and folks eat that crap up.

Yes - thanks for the link! A radio station near me broadcasts these, and the first time I heard them, I was horrified.

Over the years I've been more interested and concerned about Douggie's father and his political influence. He's a major mover when it comes to the RR and US and international politics. Douggie has been a source of snark to me. After seriously reading the story about the woman's excommunication on that site I realized he's the mainstream face of his father's political and religious aspirations.

I recall reading Jen's Gems several years ago, and being shocked at Doug's behavior.

We're all in agreement he is a tool, but if what she writes is true, his behavior and attitude is downright dangerous.

Having said that, though, I have some issues with Jen and her husband's reaction to the way they were treated.

I could not understand why they kept on trying and trying to get back in with Doug's church after being treated like dirt. Especially after their kids were shunned. Why would you want anything to do with these people? And one of their friends had to clue them in that it was alright to go to another church after their excommunication. They disagreed with the excommunication, did not believe Doug and his church had a right to do it, but thought they had to be under its' authority(???).

And even after everything went down, Jen stopped by the church to drop off some clothes for (I think) Hurricane Katrina victims. And then was upset at her treatment (I think she was told to leave-it's been awhile since I read it). This was after the excommunication and after the threatened law suit. WTF? Why would she do that? She had some story about it being closer than other clothes drop-off places. It made no sense to me.

None of this takes away from Doug's behavior, however.

I recall reading Jen's Gems several years ago, and being shocked at Doug's behavior.

We're all in agreement he is a tool, but if what she writes is true, his behavior and attitude is downright dangerous.

Having said that, though, I have some issues with Jen and her husband's reaction to the way they were treated.

I could not understand why they kept on trying and trying to get back in with Doug's church after being treated like dirt. Especially after their kids were shunned. Why would you want anything to do with these people? And one of their friends had to clue them in that it was alright to go to another church after their excommunication. They disagreed with the excommunication, did not believe Doug and his church had a right to do it, but thought they had to be under its' authority(???).

And even after everything went down, Jen stopped by the church to drop off some clothes for (I think) Hurricane Katrina victims. And then was upset at her treatment (I think she was told to leave-it's been awhile since I read it). This was after the excommunication and after the threatened law suit. WTF? Why would she do that? She had some story about it being closer than other clothes drop-off places. It made no sense to me.

None of this takes away from Doug's behavior, however.

Correct. Douggies rebuttal is still on the 'churches' website. I personally feel that if he was truly doing legitimate pastoral counseling some issues would have been privileged conversations.

Doug is an ass. When his sister graduated and was accepted into music school to further her education, he told her she was damned and was going to hell. He wanted to drag her down to Texas to learn how to be a good Christian wife and mother. She told him no and he cursed her again. She now has basically cut all ties with the entire family because the bad vibes they put out. She wants nothing to do with any of them anymore.

ETA: Doug Phillips is a tool and a mean little man.

The web site is excellent, that you for the link. I look forward to spending more time there.

And...

Doug Phillips is a TOOL!!!!

Any links to the Jen's Gems story?

I've just spent the better part of an hour reading through the Rethinking Vision Forum site, and after a few more threads here, will go back to it.

http://rethinkingvisionforum.wordpress. ... ge-regret/

That is sad. It's about more than just not going to college. She was deprived of even a basic education and deprived of the chance to figure tout who she was, and at this point, the goal of going to college and getting some sort of education one day is a large part of what keeps her going. She felt like a thief for getting an application at a fast food place, but had nothing at all to put on it. That shows how trapped she was, that she didn't even qualify to apply for a fast food place to try to help her and her husband have a little money.

Also...Doug is NOT a tool.

Tools are useful for something. Doug is toxic.

reading the in Doug Philips church and yes he is a tool. but what can you say about them staying so long putting up with that crap and trying to go back. Sometimes I wonder about Christians.

Thank you for the link. Wow. And you are definitely not flinging the word "evil" around without cause.....

I've got a load of other links but I didn't want to sully the thread up with too much. As I mentioned earlier my interest was in Howard. I thought Douggie was just a fey offshoot of his day and not part of the bigger machine.

Archived