IGNORED

DATING SEMINAR

Lillybee

On the Aug.9th Duggar show, the older Duggar girls host a dating seminar. Do those poor girls know anything about dating? Will it be something like be a SAHD and let daddy pick out your future spouse?

They don't have to know about dating, they just have to know about hosting. Smile sweetly and prepare 200+ servings of TTC. Easy peasy.

Maybe they can invite the Robotkin girls. ;)

ETA: To speak, that is. Then it can be extra info about stuff they don't know much about. You know -- like Gothard talks about marriage and raising kids.

http://tomorrowsforefathersDOTcom/gracenotes/?cat=21

I checked out the pictures and article. Yep. That is probably the (Anti)Dating Seminar the Duggars hosted. I sort of can understand wanting to teach your children to remain virgins until marriage, most religions do. But the pressure and zeal of the fundy teachings scare me. I can only imagine the guilt a young fundy feels if she/he is arosed by another or G_d forbid, actually has premarital sex.

http://tomorrowsforefathersDOTcom/gracenotes/?cat=21

I checked out the pictures and article. Yep. That is probably the (Anti)Dating Seminar the Duggars hosted. I sort of can understand wanting to teach your children to remain virgins until marriage, most religions do. But the pressure and zeal of the fundy teachings scare me. I can only imagine the guilt a young fundy feels if she/he is arosed by another or G_d forbid, actually has premarital sex.

I agree with you on that. Fundies and other conservatives are known to use certain scare or guilt tactics in their teachings regarding sexual relationships. I looked through that website and I saw picture of a young woman holding a tissue with the graphic behind on her screen that said cleansed. I'm willing to bet it was a scare tactic.

Looking through that site and reading some of the info on those events reminded me a lot about Pam Stenzel who is well known in some religious circles for teachings on absistence and sex education. When I was going through confirmations classes for the Catholic Church when I was 15 and 16, my teachers used Pam's videos and that woman used to use a bunch of dumb methods about why sex before marriage was bad.

These people make such an "idol" out of sexual "purity". In fact, I don't even get the whole use of the word "pure" to describe the virgin state. Like sex "pollutes" a woman or something.

These people make such an "idol" out of sexual "purity". In fact, I don't even get the whole use of the word "pure" to describe the virgin state. Like sex "pollutes" a woman or something.

Sex is a dirty horrible thing that you should reserve for the one you love most. :lol:

LMAO at the girl in a pic in the second blog post down the page who is wearing a NIKE! shirt under her sweater. Oh, the irony.

LMAO at the girl in a pic in the second blog post down the page who is wearing a NIKE! shirt under her sweater. Oh, the irony.

I didn't notice that pic. I need to go back and look. lol. I wonder if she was told to cover up a brand logo. I have heard that some fundie groups are very much against people wearing clothing the brand names on them.

Archived