IGNORED

A beautiful adoption story for once

Effie

You can find a short video clip explaining how a Christian couple got their son Kembe home: rageagainsttheminivan.com/2010/10/our-adoption-story.html That video makes me feel hopeful. It feels good to hear about the good adoption stories out there too (especially after all the horror-adoption-stories we have observed here on FJ).

Despite all the horror stories, there are some beautiful stories.

Smilesandtrials.blogspot.com John and Christine have adopted 9 children and are in Ukraine to adopt two more. Three of their daughters came via distruption and they've done an amazing job with them. One daughter and two sons have special needs and they two boys they are adopting also have special needs.

bringingkellseyhome.com Frank and Renee Garcia's adoption of a tot with Downs Syndrome. She's doing really well in their family and you can read about the family at myspecialks.com

casselcrew.blogspot.com Rick and Kathy Cassel have five adopted children.

Those are just a couple anyway that seem to have a good grip on what they're doing and the children appear to be mostly well-adjusted.

Another couple good ones

blessedby10.blogspot.com/ A family with 2 bio kids, one of whom is special needs, and 8 adopted kids with varying levels of special needs, including several with some complex medical needs.

fletcherclan.blogspot.com/ This family adopted 12 older children. I think the youngest any came home was at around 3ish. It's a very honest look at the ups and downs of raising kids who may have damage from their birth families that no amount of love and good parenting can repair. What's amazing is that even when facing some of the downs (kids stealing from her, ending up in jail, getting pregnant in high school) she still remains focused on the fact that adoption is about kids who need families. Such a difference from some of the families we've talked about here.

Some more good ones- Although one of the blogs someone has already listed I wouldn't necessarily call it a "success" story.

http://www.covenantbuilders.blogspot.com/- They adopted Aaron from an institution (the first kid to be adopted from it!) and he's such a ham!

http://carringtonscourage.blogspot.com/ - Carrington was extremely malnourished when they adopted her from Ukraine. ALmost all of their other children are adopted.

http://stclairadoption.blogspot.com/- Daughter lily was adopted from eastern europe. She has Down syndrome.

I came across this one the other day:

theblessingofverity.com/

The blog is only about the two youngest girls, but if you look at the 'About' page, they're homeschooling quiverfullers with ten biokids before an adoption. #10 and #11 both have down syndrome, but in spite of the fact that the mother is homeschooling so many kids, it seems like she gets a lot of quality time in with them. #11 was adopted from a pretty awful orphanage, it sounds like, in a state of physical starvation. At a glance they seem to have an understanding of attachment and neglect issues, and they seem way more into nurturing their kids than training them.

And this post is heartbreaking theblessingofverity.com/2012/05/katie-stats-at-six-months/

I came across this one the other day:

theblessingofverity.com/

The blog is only about the two youngest girls, but if you look at the 'About' page, they're homeschooling quiverfullers with ten biokids before an adoption. #10 and #11 both have down syndrome, but in spite of the fact that the mother is homeschooling so many kids, it seems like she gets a lot of quality time in with them. #11 was adopted from a pretty awful orphanage, it sounds like, in a state of physical starvation. At a glance they seem to have an understanding of attachment and neglect issues, and they seem way more into nurturing their kids than training them.

And this post is heartbreaking theblessingofverity.com/2012/05/katie-stats-at-six-months/

I follow this blog from time to time. #11 isn't technically the youngest or one of the youngest she's actually almost 10 years old.

Back when I went on the China adoption blog reading binge, one blog that I liked (for insightful commentary about interracial/intercultural adoption issues) was ourlittletongginator.blogspot.com .

It was a breath of fresh air after reading some others, and full of humor too.

I follow this blog from time to time. #11 isn't technically the youngest or one of the youngest she's actually almost 10 years old.

I have no words. I thought she was under 4 and had managed to grow that tall in spite of DS + starvation.

theblessingofverity.com/2012/03/on-to-victory-going-public-about-pleven/

I have no words. I thought she was under 4 and had managed to grow that tall in spite of DS + starvation.

theblessingofverity.com/2012/03/on-to-victory-going-public-about-pleven/

Nope and there are a ton of kids who are 10-16 years old who are the size of babies. WHere they come from they are thrown away like trash and made to rot in institutions.

Nope and there are a ton of kids who are 10-16 years old who are the size of babies. WHere they come from they are thrown away like trash and made to rot in institutions.

I read almost the whole blog last night and the stories and pictures from Pleven broke my heart. I wanted to jump on a plane and bring all those children home. I applaud Susana's efforts to change the conditions in Pleven and get the children who are still waiting out there to find families. I'm hoping to talk with our pastor about doing a fundraiser to hire a Baba or nurse. Thank you believeinScience for sharing that link!

I read almost the whole blog last night and the stories and pictures from Pleven broke my heart. I wanted to jump on a plane and bring all those children home. I applaud Susana's efforts to change the conditions in Pleven and get the children who are still waiting out there to find families. I'm hoping to talk with our pastor about doing a fundraiser to hire a Baba or nurse. Thank you believeinScience for sharing that link!

If you want to follow more blogs of people who are adopting children in the same conditions as Susannas daughter google nogreaterjoymom( i dont follow that blog I just know shes adopting) and carringtons corral which I linked to (they're adopted TWO boys in that type of condition).

Archived