IGNORED

Obama is the most biblically hostile president.

Sprocket

And Doug Phillips is a tulle.

Perhaps, if he does a re-enactment of the French Revolution, he can be a toile.

:D

Bwah! My Jingerites are far too clever!

And now I'm picturing Vision Forums selling a toile print with fundie-approved scenes printed on it...

One of the things I respect about Obama is that he isn't using religion to decide secular policy. He's actually keeping church and state SEPARATE.

I can't think of any more fabric jokes, I guess I'll have to weave it up to the rest of you.

I can't think of any more fabric jokes, I guess I'll have to weave it up to the rest of you.

You had to go there? Really? Just when we thought it was safe to go back on the internet, bad puns loom up at us from every turn!

You had to go there? Really? Just when we thought it was safe to go back on the internet, bad puns loom up at us from every turn!

Are you sure you can't spin up another one?

Maybe this one:

Nah, too much Jesus, not enough fake Victoriana.

How about this:

I found this one, which seems more appropriate for Steve Maxwell:

7f8095eab9dfcb4f4657dd566b74.jpg

I actually have a cloth diaper made up in this fabric in a blue color way for my kid... :D

You all may think satin is the devil's fabric but that's just satan deceiving you. Satan's fabric of choice is crushed panne. That shit is UNREAL in its evilness.

Funny, Jefferson re-wrote the damn Bible and got away with it. And Obama, who actually attends church (his haters can't decide if he goes to a white-bashing church or a mosque, and of course all mosques harbor terrorists) is the most "biblically hostile." I should point out that it's not known/recorded if George Washington ever attended church as an adult. Strangely, all of the presidents before Obama were paragons of patriotism, doing all they could to follow and protect the Constitution and save America from evil black Mexican Muslim communists. Can you say "utter bullshit," kiddies?

I don't know if it's true or not, but Bruton Parish Church in Williamsburg VA claims that George Washington, along with Thomas Jefferson and Patrick Henry, attended worship services there whenever the Virginia legislature was in session. Of course, church services at Bruton in those days weren't always the sedate, quiet Episcopal services they've become today, they were more like social occasions, with lots of chatter and sometimes very little attention paid to the sermon, so how much actual worshipping he did is debatable. ;)

The fabric related puns in this thread have me in stitches. :laughing-rolling:

Wool you just stop it for one single cotton picking minute?

This humor is really warped. We are a bunch of crochetty knit wits.

I actually have a cloth diaper made up in this fabric in a blue color way for my kid... :D

You all may think satin is the devil's fabric but that's just satan deceiving you. Satan's fabric of choice is crushed panne. That shit is UNREAL in its evilness.

Damn! Ask a little question about a sign, get a whole bunch of lamé puns!

Damn! Ask a little question about a sign, get a whole bunch of lamé puns!

Which I notice doesn't stop you from spinning your own. (Yes, I know this pun's been spun before. I don't need to go on the lam to avoid your wrath, do I? Give me some time to spin a better yarn for the lot of you! Oh, man, this punning is crewel.)

When I see things like this, or like the title of the post "The most biblically hostile president" I can't help but think this is based on nothing but racism.

Obama and the effect his stance on gay rights had on his popularity made it into "Spiegel" (the German weekly I read - it's reputable) - the author claimed the African-American voters of Obama were most upset, because more than 70% of them oppose gay marriage.

I see no racism there, other than the fact some of the most wacko-ish Christian fundamentalists are also kind of white supremacists and will therefore despise Obama for two reasons at least (gay right and skin colour).

Disclaimer: I didn't check the statistics.

Funny, Jefferson re-wrote the damn Bible and got away with it. And Obama, who actually attends church (his haters can't decide if he goes to a white-bashing church or a mosque, and of course all mosques harbor terrorists) is the most "biblically hostile." I should point out that it's not known/recorded if George Washington ever attended church as an adult. Strangely, all of the presidents before Obama were paragons of patriotism, doing all they could to follow and protect the Constitution and save America from evil black Mexican Muslim communists. Can you say "utter bullshit," kiddies?

It's fine if you don't agree with Obama, but if you want to explain why, grow the fuck up and tell us what's wrong with his policies instead of resorting to "he's a Marxist Muslim terrorist who hates Christians and white people!" when he's freaking half-white himself.

Bill Clinton, Barack Obama: attended church.

George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan: did not attend church.

http://www.beliefnet.com/News/Politics/ ... hurch.aspx

:eusa-whistle:

Really -- who knew that googling "gay toile" would bring up such a find! :lol:

March 2009 – The Obama administration shut out pro-life groups from attending a White House-sponsored health care summit.

I remember that. I thought they shut out anyone who wasn't actually from a legit medical organization? You know, with like actual doctors and stuff? If I remember correctly, the pro-life group that was shut out wasn't actually a medical organization, it was a lobbyist group.

Craptoads. This shit came from David Barton, who makes a practice of lying, lying and lying some more about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers. Barton considers himself a good Christian, but I have two Bible quotes for him:

David Barton lies about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers. Not only that, he does it in the name of religion. I don't buy into the whole Bible is inerrant and everything that's written in there is right and going to happen. But if I were David Barton, I'd be terribly worried, because according to his own belief system, he's going to be answering some hard questions come the Judgment Day.

I'd also like to state that if people like Barton will lie about stuff like this, what else are they lying about? Why should we believe David Barton has the truth of salvation if he's going to lie about what the Founding Fathers believe?

QFT. David Barton is a lying liar who lies.

Archived