IGNORED

Bria Crawford 'Serves' Kelly @ Generation Cedar - Shocker!

aggythenostic

Oh for the love of the Baby Jesus - how these people like to tie a lot of ribbons around the fact that Bria is staying home and puttering. WTF? Here's an intelligent young girl who will never leave her home, until she gets 'courted' into another and starts popping out babies. This is nothing more than a form of child abuse, removing every possible option from girls - god, I hate that smug Kelly. SHE got to go to college. SHE got to be a cheerleader. But her kids? Noooooooo.

I particularly love the idea of Bria as an 'editor.' I'm sorry, WHAT?

Kelly's take: http://www.generationcedar.com/main/201 ... to-do.html

Bria's take: http://www DOT visionarywomanhood.com/dominion-day-time/#comment-2846

Bria:

My family is in a season of many little ones right now, and this is the time that I am needed most. These are the days I am daily called to die to self. And I’ll admit it is hard sometimes.

I wonder why that is. Shouldn't Kelly and Arron be able to care for their own children without asking Kelly's daughter to "die to herself" and help raise them? After all, their family is "in the season of many little ones" because Kelly and Arron keep having them. If they can't handle that, then perhaps they need to enter the season of "many little birth control pills" or "many little condoms".

Kelly:

We keep pressing our children to go back to the original, most important question for life: “What is our purpose here?â€

The answer to that question is not "to care for my mother's children".

I feel so sad for Bria. She hasn't chosen to serve. She is expected to serve, and has no other options until she gets married. And hey Bria, your family is in a season of many little ones because your mom won't use birth control, but she expects you to help out with every aspect of their upbringing.

I feel so sad for Bria. She hasn't chosen to serve. She is expected to serve, and has no other options until she gets married. And hey Bria, your family is in a season of many little ones because your mom won't use birth control, but she expects you to help out with every aspect of their upbringing.

While I agree that she is expected to serve, I disagree that she has no other options. It would not be easy, but she could walk out the door. Many people do it.

Kelly is insulted(bolding Kelly's), y'all! From the comments:

I want to offer a different perspective. Not for the purpose of arguing, just for your education.

When I graduated high school, 10 years ago this month, my mother had cancer and my dad (a sub-contractor) was feeling the effects of the post 9/11 economic downturn. Having a “feeling†God was calling me to stay home, sew and play piano was not an option. I worked. I worked at Burger King. It wasn’t great. I think I made $6/hr for 40/hr a week. I want to say I brought home like $200/week after taxes. But that was the best way I could serve my family, by not being a burden financially.

My story is without a doubt something people in this economy feel as as well. I would say that my situation is closer to the average families reality rather than your situation.

I am NOT raging on you. You have it good and that is great. You guys worked hard for what you have. And the best way for your daughter to serve her family is to be at home, so be it. Your way is not the only way and it is not the “best†way. There is no best way, only what is best for each family. Each family makes there own choice and that is their business. If you were having trouble paying rent and keeping your lights on you would be saying something totally different.

To which Kelly replies:

I’m sorry for your family’s hardship, but to assume “You have it good and that is great…If you were having trouble paying rent and keeping your lights on you would be saying something totally different.†is an insult.

We have, for a long time, struggled to pay various bills, including the food bill, despite our frugality. We also sacrifice a lot to live the life we do, not because “we have it goodâ€. The Lord has provided, miraculously, time and again, because we trust Him. My husband was out of work for a year rebuilding our house. Times are not “easy†for us right now. We struggle, and we have to make careful choices. Be careful what you assume.

And I didn’t say “this is the only wayâ€.

This bitch has some nerve (Kelly I mean).

To which Kelly replies:

We have, for a long time, struggled to pay various bills, including the food bill, despite our frugality.

Dear Kelly,

If you can't afford to feed them then it's time to stop breeding. :shifty: You're welcome.

These are the days I am daily called to die to self. And I’ll admit it is hard sometimes. Rejecting fleshly nature does not come without great sacrifice, prayer, and discipline.

My home is no less a mission field than an orphanage in Africa. I have so many opportunities in a day to give unto the least of these, and though it’s not always easy, and it requires that I daily dies to self. there is a peace and contentment that comes as I obey.

That's my favorite part. She doesn't even bother to go help anyone else. She could, but why? Her home here needs her and requires enough sacrifice to make her appear to be a martyr, so why help those who have no one? After all, Jesus just helped his mom. He ignored everyone else, duh.

She's going to be worse than her mother.

Dear Kelly...if your husband (the only wage earner!) can be out of work for an entire year while he builds your shabby chic house and you don't end up starving in the street, times are pretty easy. You're lucky that your parents are healthy and able to provide for your children, since you and your husband can't do it and you're too godly to take public assistance :roll:

Also, there's no such thing as a "food bill". While nutrition problems abound in the US, some kind of food with calories to sustain people is actually one of the easiest things to come up with when you're struggling. There are food banks, there are soup kitchens, there is gleaning and panhandling and shamelessly begging on the internet. When you don't have to worry about housing payments, utility bills or the freaking internet, you have no business competing in the pity olympics.

To which Kelly replies:

Dear Kelly,

If you can't afford to feed them then it's time to stop breeding. :shifty: You're welcome.

This. Seriously.

This is nothing more than a form of child abuse, removing every possible option from girls - god, I hate that smug Kelly. SHE got to go to college. SHE got to be a cheerleader. But her kids? Noooooooo. /quote]

QFT. I couldn't read their drivel. I had to stop before i vomited.

Oh and she is going to dabble with home business? So her parents don't expect her to be a success because no business in which you dabble succeeds.

It is posts like this that make my day. No matter how tired or challenged I am by the work I have to do I am buoyed up and cheered by the fact that I actually have choices in my life and that I was able to get as much education as I desired and that I work in a field of my choosing and that I live with a man who walks beside me rather than leading me and that I have parents who just wanted the best for me - even if it was not the best for them. I could go on and on about all the reasons Bria's life makes my life look golden in comparison. I think that one reason I am obsessed with fundies is the fact that my life (even on my worst days) just seems so much nicer in comparison.

That's my favorite part. She doesn't even bother to go help anyone else. She could, but why? Her home here needs her and requires enough sacrifice to make her appear to be a martyr, so why help those who have no one? After all, Jesus just helped his mom. He ignored everyone else, duh.

She's going to be worse than her mother.

The bolded part is making me stabby. I have interviewed several people who have served others in different African countries. These people have built schools, medical centers, homes and wells. They're involved in micro-loaning efforts. They've donated money, supplies and their expertise in countless ways. And Bria thinks working on the garden and helping out with her siblings is on the same playing field? Not even close, bitch!

Interesting that Kelly said this: "the world is a bigger classroom than a college campus." while not letting Bria actually living out in the world*. The world is a bigger classroom than your home, Kelly. When you talk about having "college classes at our fingertips" it seems like you believe you know everything. You don't. You know very little and have a very sheltered, little mind.

*Bria has mentioned that she isn't part of "the youth groups, Sunday schools, and all the programs the modern church is so wrapped up in". It makes me wonder if she is participating in anything outside her home.

When I saw the title of this thread, I hoped Bria did something that made everyone go "oooh, Kelly! You got SERVED!"

I was sadly disappointed.

As if Bria could take online college classes from a real university. I took four of them last semester (well, one was a hybrid, we had to come in for weekend labs). In Cell Biology and Microbiology, there was ample discussion of evolution because biology is just all about the evolution. In Social Research Methods, we had learn about scientific method as applied to social research, which meant discussion of social problems from a *gasp* non-Biblical perspective. In Abnormal Psychology, I learned 8000 different ways your mind can be messed up and how either biology or bad parenting cause all of them (not evil Satan). I doubt any of these would be acceptable; come to think of it, it is difficult to come up with a class that would be Christian enough for Princess Bria of the Family Kitchen.

Interesting that Kelly said this: "the world is a bigger classroom than a college campus." while not letting Bria actually living out in the world*. The world is a bigger classroom than your home, Kelly. When you talk about having "college classes at our fingertips" it seems like you believe you know everything. You don't. You know very little and have a very sheltered, little mind.

*Bria has mentioned that she isn't part of "the youth groups, Sunday schools, and all the programs the modern church is so wrapped up in". It makes me wonder if she is participating in anything outside her home.

Doubtful. I'm sure she lives in a very insular world.

Bria is interested in photography, but is she truly allowed to study photography other than take some pedestrian snaps of fellow Kelly-approved fundie types? Can Bria spens some time in a museum or a gallery? Can she learn about the greats-Ansel Adams, Margaret Bourke-White, Cindy Sherman, Bill Cunningham, Richard Avedon, etc? With Kelly as a mom I doubt it. These photographs might make Bria think outside of the fundie realm and we can't have that!

Oh, can anyone of you guess which one of these linked iconic photographs GolightlyGrrl got to see up close and personal?

http://www.retronaut.co/2012/01/famous- ... ic-images/

Archived