Guest LilaFowler

Nathan is abt 35, Chris abt 32, the other 3 are in their early 20's, I think. I think Mary is the only one left in school.

The 3 Js are but Nathan and Christopher are married. They might as well still be at home though since they all live on the same street.

I wonder when the other boys will marry. They were the reversal babies and were born after the family began their descent into crazy fundie-dom. I wonder if the boys are all waiting to buy houses on their parents' street. The first two boys had a semblance of normality growing up. The younger five did not. It would be interesting to see the younger ones' choices of spouse and occupation.

John is the cutie-patootie defrauding one that has the best chance of breaking out and finding himself a non-fundie gal to marry (and it has also been eluded that he has been the most rebellious -- run, John, run!).

Joseph looks controlled and afraid of the wrath of Steve. Jesse -- we just don't know much about that poor boy. He doesn't get much publicity. I'm guessing he has zero in the personality department just by what they fail to blog about about him.

I think a bunch of us should kidnap Sarah from one of their conferences and show her the time of her life for about a week. She has no idea her potential for fun!

I think a bunch of us should kidnap Sarah from one of their conferences and show her the time of her life for about a week. She has no idea her potential for fun!

Hell, I think we could just take any Maxwell offspring to a mall or the movie theatre and they would be amazed, but scared. Deer caught in the headlights scared, poor things...

I can't even imagine being a 20 and/or 22 year old (boy, particularly) and and my mother having total control over what I do on the computer and what I do and read online. Or, anywhere, for that matter.

It is so beyond my ability to comprehend or understand.

Joseph and John are supposedly popular at the homeschool conferences where a lot of the single young ladies want to befriend Sarah, Anna, and Mary in hopes of a good word, about them, makes it's way to the boys. This was true of Christopher too where many a young lady was hoping to become his Mrs.

Sarah was the first to mention Anna Hamilton to Steve as an interest for Christopher as she and Sarah were friends and Anna never appeared to only want to be friends to get to one of the brothers.

Have you noticed a lot of fundie blogs stop listing the names of the kids once they're married. Like they're not up for auction anymore, so the description doesn't have to be as thorough?

This was true of Christopher too where many a young lady was hoping to become his Mrs.

Yikes, really? I wouldn't have thought there would be a big stampede of girls eager to join the Maxwell lifestyle. No fun or reading or food that tastes good. Daily lectures about death. Being married to Christopher doesn't sound like it would be something many people would want. Is it just because they're fundie-famous?

Yikes, really? I wouldn't have thought there would be a big stampede of girls eager to join the Maxwell lifestyle. No fun or reading or food that tastes good. Daily lectures about death. Being married to Christopher doesn't sound like it would be something many people would want. Is it just because they're fundie-famous?

I'm guessing since most QF live on the dire edge of poverty, the pictures of the house & bus look GREAT compared to a 50 year old mobile home and water from the "crick" or a couple of steps up from that. Although their clothes are as boring as can be they appear to actually buy the boys BRAND NEW clothing--that could be a draw. And, they don't seem to live on pinto beans or TVP so that could be a draw and there's only a "few" kids in their family....Yes, I could see some girl living the QF life in Beyondnowhereville, OH or wherever, who isn't even allowed to go to a homeschool group, but must sit home sewing cloth menstrual pads to see on Etsy and tending umpteen little brothers/sisters, thinking the Maxwell's life well worth it.

Archived