IGNORED

Amusingly specific NCFIC conference registration

meda

So I was perusing Scott Brown's latest proposed gathering of manly Menz talking importantly about bible-ish stuff, the "White Unto Harvest Mega-conference" , and I came across this amusing tid bit on the registration page:

Individual - $129.00

Family - $399.00 "Family" only refers to units consisting of the following:

A single set of parents and children (who are directly under the authority of the above-specified parents)

And who are all living in the same home.

Other than wondering who would pay money to attend this foolishness, I have to wonder how often Scottie has been scammed by good Christians taking advantage of the family rate to sneak in grandparents, cousins and neighbors. Also, how will he check to see if children are "directly under the authority of the above specified parents" ? What if the children harbor secret rebellious thoughts? :think:

ncfic.org/harvest-about

Ah, yet another attempt to squeeze as much money as possible out of the faithful. NCFIC is just bursting with Christian charity!

Hmmm, but it doesn't say that the two parents have to be of the opposite sex.

:clap: :clap: :clap: I should grab one of my female coworkers and a couple of my friends kids, go, and see what happens! :twisted:

:clap: :clap: :clap: I should grab one of my female coworkers and a couple of my friends kids, go, and see what happens! :twisted:

You could put your names down as "Les" and "Pat" (as opposed to, say, "Amanda" and "Jennifer") so it won't be so obvious until you all get there. Bwahahah!

It also doesn't say that the two parents have to be married to each other. A cohabitating, living in sin, shacking up couple would qualify as a family unit. Probably not what Scott meant either.

It also doesn't say that the two parents have to be married to each other. A cohabitating, living in sin, shacking up couple would qualify as a family unit. Probably not what Scott meant either.

That omission surprised me more then specifying couple of the opposite sex.

Glass-half-full person that I am, I was heartened to see them refer to "the parents' authority," a d not "the Father's authority."

I know its part of a bible verse--but-- "White Unto Harvest" sounds racist.....

You could put your names down as "Les" and "Pat" (as opposed to, say, "Amanda" and "Jennifer") so it won't be so obvious until you all get there. Bwahahah!

Or "Chris" and "Pat" to give homage to SNL's "It's Pat".

Or "Chris" and "Pat" to give homage to SNL's "It's Pat".

:lol: All these suggestions make me wish I had the money and time to make this a reality!

Glass-half-full person that I am, I was heartened to see them refer to "the parents' authority," a d not "the Father's authority."

Hahaha, same here.

Archived