IGNORED

Doug's Wide Stance

debrand

He looks like he has a really bad case of diarrhea and is trying to hold it in so he doesn't shit himself. His minions probably interpreted it as a expression of manliness.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Back on topic ladies.. Was it not Larry Craig that said his shenanigans in the airport bathroom were attributed to a wide stance? Perhaps it is some notable signal between gay men in the Fundie Funland realm, aka the "I'm a friend of Dorothy" in the 1940's to 1950s? Perhaps there was a comely groomsman he wanted to signal to?

The "signal" is to touch your foot to the foot of the person in the next stall to indicate your desire for a quickie. Which is what the undercover cop alleges Larry did to him. Which, in most public restroom stalls would require a stance-width of Doug-Phillipsian proportions.

The "signal" is to touch your foot to the foot of the person in the next stall to indicate your desire for a quickie. Which is what the undercover cop alleges Larry did to him. Which, in most public restroom stalls would require a stance-width of Doug-Phillipsian proportions.

My father has known Larry Craig for 40+ years, and there was never a question that he was gay. He married as a cover-up because he was a politician in a red state, and anyone who knew him personally knew that. My dad worked with him in state gov't, and he and his "wife" attended parties at our home. It was no surprise to anyone who knew Craig personally that the airport gig happened. It just took him a lot of years to get caught. Very stupid move on his part.

He looks like he has a really bad case of diarrhea and is trying to hold it in so he doesn't shit himself. His minions probably interpreted it as a expression of manliness.

No, you stand with your legs tightly closed, making your sphincter as tight as possible.

My father has known Larry Craig for 40+ years, and there was never a question that he was gay. He married as a cover-up because he was a politician in a red state, and anyone who knew him personally knew that. My dad worked with him in state gov't, and he and his "wife" attended parties at our home. It was no surprise to anyone who knew Craig personally that the airport gig happened. It just took him a lot of years to get caught. Very stupid move on his part.

It was the total denial that really amused me. OK, you got caught, well, fine. But the whole "I wasn't asking for sex, I just have a wide stance" was hysterical.

It was the total denial that really amused me. OK, you got caught, well, fine. But the whole "I wasn't asking for sex, I just have a wide stance" was hysterical.

Well, and he plead guilty for an "expeditious resolution". LOL. Yeah, he did NOT want to be investigated so that's one way out of it.

No, you stand with your legs tightly closed, making your sphincter as tight as possible.

I figured he was trying to keep his butt cheeks tightly clenched while trying to appear manly. All bets on his sphincter and it's tightness are off.

Well, and he plead guilty for an "expeditious resolution". LOL. Yeah, he did NOT want to be investigated so that's one way out of it.

I found that entire incident so very disturbing. I spend so much time trying to tell people that bathrooms are not sexual places, that children can, in fact, use a public toilet without being molested. Or, no, transgender individuals are not going into the bathroom for sex. But then this story comes out, and is referred to as how we "know" that people do solicit sex in public washrooms. (I know that neither of those two examples is at all similar, but for some people, it's all the same.)

I also don't really understand how there was a crime if all that happened was he tapped an undercover police officers foot and then reached under the stall. I mean, clearly that is not normal. But how is it a crime? Did he offer money instead of sex? Was there a discussion about doing it in the toilet? If it's indecent behavior, shouldn't there have been nudity? I must have missed something.

I found that entire incident so very disturbing. I spend so much time trying to tell people that bathrooms are not sexual places, that children can, in fact, use a public toilet without being molested. Or, no, transgender individuals are not going into the bathroom for sex. But then this story comes out, and is referred to as how we "know" that people do solicit sex in public washrooms. (I know that neither of those two examples is at all similar, but for some people, it's all the same.)

I also don't really understand how there was a crime if all that happened was he tapped an undercover police officers foot and then reached under the stall. I mean, clearly that is not normal. But how is it a crime? Did he offer money instead of sex? Was there a discussion about doing it in the toilet? If it's indecent behavior, shouldn't there have been nudity? I must have missed something.

I don't get it either. It's no secret that people sometimes meet in public washrooms and agree to have sex, but I don't see how it's any more of a crime than having that interaction on the subway, in the park, at the bar, in line at McDonald's... Of course, if touching feet with someone under a bathroom stall is equivalent to going up to someone and saying "wanna fuck", I could see it being considered sexual harassment.

Well, I think Craig tried to keep the incident quiet to preserve his career so pleading guilty meant there was really no full-blown investigation (or one that would be made public, anyway). It was unfortunate that it ended his long career, but honestly, if you are a public figure, you don't do that shit in a restroom in an airport. I don't for a moment understand why sex and a public restroom so often go hand in hand with men (you don't hear about this happening in women's restrooms, do you?). So odd, but I guess it's part of our culture.

I figured he was trying to keep his butt cheeks tightly clenched while trying to appear manly. All bets on his sphincter and it's tightness are off.

You are very bad and are going to hell. :twisted:

Well, I think Craig tried to keep the incident quiet to preserve his career so pleading guilty meant there was really no full-blown investigation (or one that would be made public, anyway). It was unfortunate that it ended his long career, but honestly, if you are a public figure, you don't do that shit in a restroom in an airport. I don't for a moment understand why sex and a public restroom so often go hand in hand with men (you don't hear about this happening in women's restrooms, do you?). So odd, but I guess it's part of our culture.

So when he married was his bride aware she was to be a beard? I wonder why a woman would be willing to live that way?

So when he married was his bride aware she was to be a beard? I wonder why a woman would be willing to live that way?

She had 3 kids from a previous marriage and he adopted them. I don't know how much she knew when they married, but they never had children together. My dad's speculation is that the arrangement worked well for both of them.

Archived