IGNORED

Doug's Wide Stance

debrand

I'd love to know what Dougie would say about this photo. He's practically ripping the crotch of his pants out! Would he actually admit that yeah, he took the stance out a little too far that time?

You know exactly what the body-language interpreters would say: Homo sapiens version of displaying the package.

Props & gratefulness to clibbs and wonderinginwa! And isn't it interesting how that photo disappeared from the website I found it on? Eh...maybe it was never there to begin with. .... yeah .... ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is this, of some wide wannabees.

IMG_0430.JPG

What the hell? When I read the thread title I was expecting something like ^that picture....not Dougie doing a remarkable imitation of someone riding an exceptionally short and fat pony. What goes on in that man's head?

Every time I see that photo, the William Tell Overture comes to mind...

In fact, I think Dougie is probably really inspired by this:

Thank you for finding that photo? No one would assume that wide stance naturally. There must be some weird reason that Doug stands like that. Perhaps he thinks it conveys the impression that his balls are bigger then any other men. He might not be able to compete with muscles or height but damn it, he can pretend that he has the biggers balls of all.

Now that AC/DC song is going through my head.

Thank you for finding that photo? No one would assume that wide stance naturally. There must be some weird reason that Doug stands like that. Perhaps he thinks it conveys the impression that his balls are bigger then any other men. He might not be able to compete with muscles or height but damn it, he can pretend that he has the biggers balls of all.

Now that AC/DC song is going through my head.

The wide stance helps you not get knocked over (of course, that's if you also bend your knees a little). The wide stance is very much a "DO NOT FUCK WITH ME" position, and rather aggressive. Whoever stands like that is anticipating a challenge, whether or not it's all in their heads.

So yes, the VF men who stand like that are attempting to give off an air of manliness, because manliness=aggression and arrogance. Way back when when humans hadn't quite grasped the concept of clothes, male genitalia were (at least thought to be by modern-day anthropologists) something to display. So even though they're now wearing pants, they're trying to tell everyone that they have the biggest dicks around. I'm a bit surprised they don't wear bright red codpieces.

Fry and Laurie. :lol: with French and Saunders for balance.

WOW, that image just made my day. Someone who knows Jennifer Saunders please, please tell her to look at the fundie/QF movement - she could write a whole new series just about that!

That flower girl is so over this patriarchal shit.

LOLDoug, pretty pretty please, visionoyahweh?? :pray:

I read this as bottom buddy :lol:

Well, now that you mention it...

• 6 months later...
What are you trying to achieve, Jan?

I have no idea, but when I got on this morning I was very, very confused as to why all the posts on the first page were old Dougie posts.

Maybe get into chatter without having to make any real posts? This is a tad strange.

Guest Anonymous

I have no idea, but when I got on this morning I was very, very confused as to why all the posts on the first page were old Dougie posts.

Maybe get into chatter without having to make any real posts? This is a tad strange.

There are less disruptive ways! I've reported it anyway...

I originally thought that she was perhaps just a tad misguided and thought she was really helping to get the word out about Dougie, but I am pretty sure she is a troll now since she is ignoring all the posts that question her.

Back on topic ladies.. Was it not Larry Craig that said his shenanigans in the airport bathroom were attributed to a wide stance? Perhaps it is some notable signal between gay men in the Fundie Funland realm, aka the "I'm a friend of Dorothy" in the 1940's to 1950s? Perhaps there was a comely groomsman he wanted to signal to?

That photo is all kinds of hilarious!

Maybe he's just channeling the bandy legged and well-known gay man King James I & VI?

Who knows but how could you be there and not burst out laughing? Was this something that only lasted a nanosecond during which the flash went off or what? How long did he stand like that? My great uncle Mike stood and walked like that but he had busted practically every bone in his body and was in his 80's.

WTF? :lol: :clap: I just laughed so loudly I frightened my cat.

He might think that standing like that makes him look all manly but he just looks like he has piles :shock:

LIke Angelina Jolie's leg at the Oscars - the Buffalo Stance has spawned a life of its own. WTF is that about? How could people have sat there in that church or auditorium or whatever it was and not have laughed themselves silly? He looks like an idiot!

Doug Phillips is a tool

oh my god, that's the freaking funniest thing I"ve ever seen. I've come back to this thread over and over again since I saw this yesterday and so far I haven't yet managed not to laugh out loud each and every time. Hahaha :lol:

He looks so uncomfortable - half like he's riding the invisble pony and half like he's trying to shit in the woods

what a tool!

That photo is all kinds of hilarious!

Maybe he's just channeling the bandy legged and well-known gay man King James I & VI?

Have you ever witnessed the amazingness that is a fundie trying to explain away the gayness of their favorite Bible-commissioning monarch? "It's all Jesuit disinformation" is a common tactic.

Also, Doug Phillips is a tool who looks like he's riding Kate Beaton's pony.

Archived