IGNORED

Doug's Wide Stance

debrand

I didn't want to derail the other thread on gay marriage. Because of the poll on Vision Forum, I tried to explain Doug Philips to my son. That is difficult so I thought some pictures would convey Philips weirdness. No matter how hard I look, I can't find that photo of Doug standing with his legs very far apart as though his balls have a rash. Can any of you post a link to it?

How would you explain Philips to another person?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Some people can't admit to themselves they're gay, and act strangely because of it."

Doug Philips sounds like a parody. The sweaty manly romp through the jungle, anaconda hunts, and Doug's love of dress up, all sound like bits in an offensive skit that stereotypes homosexuals.

Doug Philips sounds like a parody. The sweaty manly romp through the jungle, anaconda hunts, and Doug's love of dress up, all sound like bits in an offensive skit that stereotypes homosexuals.

Certainly it could be cast with Cleese and Idle.

No matter how hard I look, I can't find that photo of Doug standing with his legs very far apart as though his balls have a rash. Can any of you post a link to it?

Dang, I think I might have been the person to have posted it first and now even I can't find it. It was at one of the fundie weddings. I wish so much I could remember who it was! He snuffed one of the Brown weddings (I think it may have been Blair's), so it wasn't that one. Argh -- which one was it? All those manly men straddling like there was no tomorrow! Hellllppppp. Where's the wayback machine when you need it?

I sum up Doug Phillips as a short, boyish-looking man who surrounds himself with other boyish men, goes off on long trips with these other men, wears different specialized outfits for each of these trips, and seriously inflates what he does on those trips. For example that manly anaconda hunt in the jungle was really a canned cruise aboard a riverboat that been retrofitted with all of the modern comforts--the company describes the boat and the available tours on their website. In short, Doug Phillips is a Walter Mitty manchild who never stopped playing dress-up.

I point out that this is a problem because Doug Phillips pretends to know all about manliness and purports to be a teacher.

I further point out that Doug Phillips, who dresses up in uniforms he never earned, has used living veterans who shed blood for their country as props in his games of pretend, which is even worse than reducing long-dead passengers aboard the Titanic to so many props.

I also note that joining in his games costs participants lots and lots of money, including money that goes directly into his accounts.

I summarize like this: Doug Phillips is a tool.

If Cleese and Idle are unavailable, French and Saunders would do fab.

Suddenly I feel like the entire content of FJ is just the seed of a great sketch comedy show. At least, it would certainly hurt my brain less if they were all fictional characters.

If Cleese and Idle are unavailable, French and Saunders would do fab.

Fry and Laurie. :lol: with French and Saunders for balance.

OOoh, guys, we gotta guard those images carefully. I am pretty sure that the wide stance was at the Taylor Tsantles - Blair Brown lecturemarriage but the photo of Doug spraddled out isn't there now.

There is this, of some wide wannabees.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_o1BtM2Zf3X4/T ... G_0430.JPGIMG_0430.JPG

It's actually from Brown's Journal blog - I forget if that's Scott Brown or WWII Veteran Brown. http://browns-journal.blogspot.com/

I'll keep looking for the wide-guy image.

OOoh, guys, we gotta guard those images carefully. I am pretty sure that the wide stance was at the Taylor Tsantles - Blair Brown lecturemarriage but the photo of Doug spraddled out isn't there now.

There is this, of some wide wannabees.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_o1BtM2Zf3X4/T ... G_0430.JPGIMG_0430.JPG

It's actually from Brown's Journal blog - I forget if that's Scott Brown or WWII Veteran Brown. http://browns-journal.blogspot.com/

I'll keep looking for the wide-guy image.

Excellent find! I wish I could remember which fundie wedding that giant Dougie straddle was from. Was he at the Blair/Taylor wedding? I thought he dissed that wedding?

ETA: Thought that is some mighty fine straddlin' going on there. David Brown is especially spreadworthy. And he was only like 16 at the time. He was DESPERATE for someone to notice his manhood. And then BAM -- a year later, he was married. The wider the spread, the bigger the man.

OMG, there it is, in all its glory! It WAS the Tsantles wedding! Lo and behold the biggest rash stance ever! LOLOLOLOL!

Truth be told, I just saved it to my desktop just in case I ever need it again.

Thank you, clibbyjo!!!!!

Posting for posterity

08a36f4264f082b9d1a4a55de4195f10bea58a39_r.jpg

Yesssssssss! LOLOLOL! I am so happy to see this again! So funny. And Dougie is bad enough, but what is going on with David Brown? He's a zit-faced teenager and he fathoms himself as a manly man? Whattttt? He just completely grosses me out.

Posting for posterity

LIke Angelina Jolie's leg at the Oscars - the Buffalo Stance has spawned a life of its own. WTF is that about? How could people have sat there in that church or auditorium or whatever it was and not have laughed themselves silly? He looks like an idiot!

Doug Phillips is a tool

Posting for posterity

Yay :lol: You can really tell that Phillip Bradrick is Dougie's special bosom buddy. If you can find some pics of him, he picked up The Stance better than the other interns...

I'd love to know what Dougie would say about this photo. He's practically ripping the crotch of his pants out! Would he actually admit that yeah, he took the stance out a little too far that time?

Yay :lol: You can really tell that Phillip Bradrick is Dougie's special bosom buddy. If you can find some pics of him, he picked up The Stance better than the other interns...

I read this as bottom buddy :lol:

Archived