IGNORED

Kelly Bradrick Flies Plane

debrand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghjtPmVdl24

The Lord saw fit to make a dream reality for Kelly last week when we visited friends in Colorado and were gifted with rides in a fully restored vintage WWII Stearman Biplane. Kelly, author of Coming In on a Wing and a Prayer, has spent countless hours talking to her grandfather, researching, and writing about planes during WWII and this flight was the culmination of a long held dream. Thank you Bill Brown. And thank you Ben Sollenbarger

I spent a lot of time talking to my grandparents also, It seems odd to include that she spent countless hours talking with her grandfather. OF course, she did.

Wow. I used to spend a lot of time talking to my grandfather who was a doctor, but I never got a chance to perform surgery. You go Kelly! (gags)

Wow. I used to spend a lot of time talking to my grandfather who was a doctor, but I never got a chance to perform surgery. You go Kelly! (gags)

They make everything seem so overly dramatic and important. It would have been better-and humanized them a bit- if Peter had written that because she admired her grandfather, she spent the resources to learn to fly a plane. He could have written that he was proud of her .

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but Peter writes about the passive things that Kelly did-like talking to her grandfather and studying but ignores that she must have taken some sort of class and actively learned to fly. It is almost like he is trying to give everyone else(including god) credit for her initiative.

It looks to me like she was a passenger, not a pilot. I can't imagine any fundy husband allowing his wife to learn to fly a plane on her own. Why, she might decide to just up and take off one day.

It looks to me like she was a passenger, not a pilot. I can't imagine any fundy husband allowing his wife to learn to fly a plane on her own. Why, she might decide to just up and take off one day.

I'll have to rewatch that. For some reason, I assumed that she was the one flying the plane.

I am pretty sure I have seen a picture of Kelly, pre or early into marriage, of her sat in a small plane cockpit having just flown.

Edit: yep, but it was the one referred to in this thread. Apparently she did it in 2009.

http://www.ncfic.org/weblogmodule/view_ ... 73d2154bd/

I am pretty sure I have seen a picture of Kelly, pre or early into marriage, of her sat in a small plane cockpit having just flown.

Edit: yep, but it was the one referred to in this thread. Apparently she did it in 2009.

http://www.ncfic.org/weblogmodule/view_ ... 73d2154bd/

Dream became reality for my daughter Kelly Bradrick last week when she and her husband visited friends in Colorado and were gifted with rides in a fully restored vintage WWII Stearman Biplane.

Did she ride or fly the plane herself?

The pilot's controls are in the aft seat ( behind) so QK def wasn't flying.

Love the observations about how Peter - as do a score of other Dominionists - writes to make everything appear as if it just happened because of The Will Of God and no one's efforts really had anything to w/it. It must be right because it's all by *divine* right!

"The Will Of God "

LOL. Maybe Peter is trying to convince people that his wife is not the over-worked, over-procreating, exhausted, trophy wife she is?

Archived