IGNORED

Men, Not Women, Need Sex

Because they are assholes who have repeatedly ignored actual fact and instead have injected their own weird brand of 'fact' to further their own cause.

tl;dr: They are fucking morons.

They always make sex sound like a duty for the woman. I have a high libido but whenever I read these types of articles, I feel resentful and unsexual. Being told that sex was something that you have to do is the best way to destroy your desire and create hostility.

These articles never delve into how the women can improve their libido. Maybe having some time off from childcare, for example, would help them feel relaxed enough to get in the mood.

But debrand, women aren't supposed to have a libidio. That's just a lie of the ebil feminists. You're just supposed to "fulfill his needs" because that's the righteous thing to do! True, Godly women just lie there and think of England...er, Jesus or something. :pray:

Why do fundies insist that sex is something men need but women give out of duty? It makes the Jewish view (that sex is a wife's right, not a husband's) seem positively radical. http://www.focusonthefamily.com/marriag ... oldup.aspx

Because anything less would throw the whole Patriarchal balance out of whack. Making sex a chore is another way to keep women responsible for the success/failure of her husband. Plus, if women actually enjoyed sexy time, then the men might have to make an effort in the bedroom, help out around the house, hold a conversation, be romantic & meet other needs besides his own.

Godly women don't do anything because they want to. Having sex because you enjoyed it would be a satanic indulgence of self-will. There's only one excuse for having sex, ever, and that is because you are bowing your head in submission to God's heavenly plan for your husband to multiply his godly seed. Come on, people, get with the program--didn't Kelly already give us the word? As she said, "Fundamental to all that we teach our children should be a denying of self, at all costs, and a “seeking first the kingdom of Godâ€." As they used to say in my old outfit, "Die to yourself!" Yeah, cause associating sex with death and the total crushing out of your personality is a really great way to create a healthy relationship.

Wow. The second page after that is warped even by FOTF standards.

You can spend so much time fretting about and avoiding sex that you miss the obvious. While acknowledging that sex is a huge force in your husband's life, don't neglect the fact that God created that force for your use as well. In fact, you should become jealous and possessive of the power inherent in your husband's sexuality. It was intended for you!

Becoming jealous and possessive is probably going to break up the marriage faster than anything else. Another good example of how Christian relationship advice turns women into passive-aggressives.

Like any married couple, Mike and I have our disagreements... During these tense times in our marriage, I pay more attention than ever to how I look. I'm conscious to put on makeup and wear something relatively attractive. Why? Because I desperately need my husband's attention. I want him to desire emotional and physical connection with me. It's a potent force for encouraging reconciliation.

No, it isn't. Putting on pretty lipstick and eyeshadow does nothing to explain both sides of an argument, nor to foster emotional intimacy or reconciliation. Funny how all of these things that are supposed to make a marriage stronger only focus on the carnal side of it.

Look at it this way: How is your husband likely to respond to these two statements—"Honey, I really think we need to talk about our marriage. I feel like we are drifting apart." Versus . . . "Babe, I want to work on our sexual relationship. I want to know how to please you and how to make our sex life awesome."

Granted, it's not the kind of thing the wife should say lightly, but if the husband is any kind of a decent man, take the first one more seriously. :oops:

Please understand — I am not suggesting that you use sexuality to manipulate your husband! Withholding sex when you don't get your way or lavishing him with it when you do is manipulation. I am suggesting that you embrace this fact: There are many forces in your husband's environment that use sex to garner his attention. They are stealing the power that God intended for you. Instead of sitting passively by, claim it.

Um, yes you are. You're suggesting that women use their sexuality to train (for lack of a better word) their husbands that physically pleasuring them should be the automatic response whenever there is even the slightest disagreement.

Also you're implying that men cannot ignore their sexual urges and that it's the wife's job to compete with everything outside of the marriage.

This is warped, ma'am.

Well, one idiom for orgasm is 'la petite mort'.

Again, the writers are instructing women to use sex to manipulate her husband (and all males in general). Just as the one who went on about 'buying the milk' and 'selling your virginity'. To them, women are nothing but useless whores who must use sex and a woman's ability to reproduce as a commodity. how absolutely dehumanizing to women, and to the men being manipulated by such nonsense. What a disgusting attitude.

Archived