IGNORED

These folks are way over the top...

Koala

Two responses here ...

So you do work? ... If you have a job (which I highly doubt) ... There is no excuse for you to sit home while they work and then hold your hand out at the end of the week.

I'm going to attempt to clear this up ... maybe I'll do a blog post on it?

We do not view money the same as most people do. For example, a woman came in here (our church) the other day asking for money and I gave her the last of what was in my wallet (money I earned doing accounting work outside the home. And now [in case you were wondering] there is more money in my wallet ... money I earned from doing taxes and cleaning houses). This happens regularly at the church and on the streets [people need help; we help them]. Money is a piece of paper that provides a way to bless / help others in need and also get the basics for ourselves. I am free with my money, my children are free with their money, the brethren at our church are free with their money. That's just the way we do it. My boys are free to get into my wallet at any time they want (without asking) and get what they need. And they do, several times a week. And sometimes money shows up in my wallet that neither I nor my boys put there. This is from brothers who need to get rid of some of their money and know I'll take care of it in a way that pleases the Lord; whether it's used to help someone in need, get things for the church, buy food or whatever. We believe it is not pleasing to the Lord to save up money when so many others are in need.

You will not find a big bank account at our church. When people come in and ask for money, they are usually surprised that I take it out of my wallet. They are expecting us to have some sort of church fund or something. We don't. We just fill the need at hand and trust that our needs will be filled whenver the time comes.

You flat out mention you don't work and the lord provides like with the $40 for the new k-mart shoes and gas money.

There are seasons in all of our lives where things are different. At that particular time, we were desperate and I was not working. Sometimes people are out of work and cannot find a job - that is the situation I was in at that time in my life (4 or so years ago? I cannot remember exactly). The Lord provided. So saying "I don't work" applied at that time. It does not apply now.

Peace to you all. Please do not spend too much time trying to pick my life apart; it's really not worth it. Instead, I encourage you to go help someone in need.

Two responses here ...

I'm going to attempt to clear this up ... maybe I'll do a blog post on it?

We do not view money the same as most people do. For example, a woman came in here (our church) the other day asking for money and I gave her the last of what was in my wallet (money I earned doing accounting work outside the home. And now [in case you were wondering] there is more money in my wallet ... money I earned from doing taxes and cleaning houses). This happens regularly at the church and on the streets [people need help; we help them]. Money is a piece of paper that provides a way to bless / help others in need and also get the basics for ourselves. I am free with my money, my children are free with their money, the brethren at our church are free with their money. That's just the way we do it. My boys are free to get into my wallet at any time they want (without asking) and get what they need. And they do, several times a week. And sometimes money shows up in my wallet that neither I nor my boys put there. This is from brothers who need to get rid of some of their money and know I'll take care of it in a way that pleases the Lord; whether it's used to help someone in need, get things for the church, buy food or whatever. We believe it is not pleasing to the Lord to save up money when so many others are in need.

You will not find a big bank account at our church. When people come in and ask for money, they are usually surprised that I take it out of my wallet. They are expecting us to have some sort of church fund or something. We don't. We just fill the need at hand and trust that our needs will be filled whenver the time comes.

There are seasons in all of our lives where things are different. At that particular time, we were desperate and I was not working. Sometimes people are out of work and cannot find a job - that is the situation I was in at that time in my life (4 or so years ago? I cannot remember exactly). The Lord provided. So saying "I don't work" applied at that time. It does not apply now.

Peace to you all. Please do not spend too much time trying to pick my life apart; it's really not worth it. Instead, I encourage you to go help someone in need.

I just helped someone in need. My daughter had an orthodontist appointment so I drove her and paid for her to get a new chain/bands and have her jaw fixed as a concussion a few months ago knocked it out. After that I took my homeschooled kids to get "soft food" for said girl who can'e eat anything hard for a while. I then stopped at Goodwill and helped the poor programs/special needs training programs by buying a hockey bag for said girl from their store. Now I am home to walk my rescued dogs before I take girl to her piano lesson with the single mom I pay for lessons. Wow, I am a regular saint with all the helping I did today and I didn't even have to take any of my kids money to do it.

I am glad you have a job and help contribute to your income, but you still ignored my question on why it was ok to take your kids away from their father figure when God provided him for you. You either believe God provides or he doesn't.

For example, a woman came in here (our church) the other day asking for money and I gave her the last of what was in my wallet

Money is a piece of paper that provides a way to bless / help others in need and also get the basics for ourselves.

Regardless of your thoughts on money, it is very much needed to provide the basics in our society. It's wonderful to help others, I truly believe that, but if you are having to take your son's income then you are in no position to be helping anyone.

This is from brothers who need to get rid of some of their money and know I'll take care of it in a way that pleases the Lord; whether it's used to help someone in need, get things for the church, buy food or whatever. We believe it is not pleasing to the Lord to save up money when so many others are in need.

Not sure why your wallet is viewed as a portal for "getting rid" of money by "the brothers" and your sons, but I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with setting aside money to provide for ones family. When you have 3 children it is guaranteed that needs will arise. As a parent it is your job to be prepared to meet those needs. To rely on the kindness of your sons and strangers (when you don't really have to) is unacceptable.

This goes back to saving. If you are employed then you need to save a bit for a time that you might be unemployed. "Desperate" is not a good place for a single mom of 3 to be. Giving away money you need to provide for yourself and your children is not the answer. Relying on an 18 year old boy for money is also not the answer. He should be in school preparing for his OWN future, not working to bankroll his mothers lifestyle/financial choices. The same goes for your 14 year old, and if you have him working so you can disperse his money as well, then shame on you.

Please do not spend too much time trying to pick my life apart; it's really not worth it. Instead, I encourage you to go help someone in need.

Umm yeah, that's doesn't work here. I can assure you that as long as you air your nonsense on a public blog, the public will comment. If you don't like it then take your blog private. Coming in here handslapping and admonishing us to go out and help the poor isn't going to fly. This is a snark board, not a charity.

Joanne, why do you need internet access if your children (1 of which is an adult) don't? Isn't it a bit hypocritical for you to be sitting her on FJ?

And since you're here, perhaps you'd like to explain this (really creepy) statement:

The children and I always enjoy watching a brother play with his children, instruct them, discipline them, etc. and most importantly, be an example of Christ to them.

Surely you see the exceedingly high creep factor here. Surely.

Also, would you like to tell us how animals can prevent themselves from falling into lust and fornication.

The film goes on in more detail, and of course, each character that was so sure it would not happen to them fell into lust and fornication.

Do the "brothers" preside over animal weddings (1st marriages only of course)? I want to know who to direct Bambi and Thumper to the next time they start giving each other "the look". :roll:

joannesmith wrote:

Actually joanne the internetz never forget. You have warped and twisted your own story in justification of your behaviors. There was another season of your life when when you admitted you forbid one of your sons fathers from visiting, and another season where you said one of the fathers lived close and had some contact. Its the same with the 'not working' tale. You can't even remember when you wrote that story or when it happened.

Thank you all for your concerns about my life; I sense that some of it is probably sincere. No matter what I say in response, you do not believe me anyway or just come up with something else ... and then the circle continues. I honestly don't have time for all of this. For the ones that are actually sincere, if you live near me [Monett, MO] you are more than welcome to come pick my life apart. I am a very open person and have nothing to hide. You can even pick my childrens' lives apart; they are open as well.

Please take my advice and go do something good for someone else (or more good things for other people if you are already helping others).

Thank you all for your concerns about my life; I sense that some of it is probably sincere. No matter what I say in response, you do not believe me anyway or just come up with something else ... and then the circle continues. I honestly don't have time for all of this. For the ones that are actually sincere, if you live near me [Monett, MO] you are more than welcome to come pick my life apart. I am a very open person and have nothing to hide. You can even pick my childrens' lives apart; they are open as well.

Please take my advice and go do something good for someone else (or more good things for other people if you are already helping others).

Then why are you here?

Then why are you here?

I was here to try to clarify things, but I see now that the only way things will be clarified is if people actually meet us and see for themselves what is going on.

You are inviting strangers from the internet into your home?! Please don't do this it is a good way to get robbed, raped, and killed.

I was here to try to clarify things, but I see now that the only way things will be clarified is if people actually meet us and see for themselves what is going on.

Inviting strangers from the internet to pick apart your and your children's lives is not a good idea. Neither is meeting them. You need to understand that.

You also need to understand that this is a snark board. You aren't going to fix anyone here Joanne, because we're happy the way we are. We aren't here to find ideas for charitable outreach. We're here to snark.

Honestly I feel a certain degree of compassion for you. I can't for my life figure why you have turned your and your children's lives upside down to live this bizarre lifestyle. It's sad really, because it sounds like the husband you left (the last time) was a good guy. If I recall correctly he even paid for you guys to stay in your home after you left him.

Joanne, you are sacrificing your happiness for nothing. You are living in fear...covering yourself from head to toe in ridiculous outfits, eating food with bugs in it, and afraid to save a dime for you and your children's future. That's not normal hon. Honestly. I am mom and I can tell you that you have wandered way off the path. If I did that I would want someone to tell me. The world you've created is not reality, and it's going to be a hard road for your kids to travel. They may not know any better now, but one day they will.

You and your children could be happy. You don't have to live in constant fear of offending a god that doesn't exist. Please think carefully over your options. I fear you've fallen victim to what basically amounts to a cult. These people are strange Joanne, and that's putting it mildly. Get some help. I say that in all sincerity.

You are inviting strangers from the internet into your home?! Please don't do this it is a good way to get robbed, raped, and killed.

She has invited people from here to call her before too. I think she even posted her number...it's not a good sign. I think she's desperate for friendship. It's really sad, because she's probably just lonely. I doubt she gets a ton of support from the uptight "sisters" from the Holy Church of the Creepy People. :(

Please, Joanne, don't let anyone from the internet have your number or home address. For your safety and the safety of your children. If you are lonely go find friends irl, not strangers from the internet.

Please, Joanne, don't let anyone from the internet have your number or home address. For your safety and the safety of your children. If you are lonely go find friends irl, not strangers from the internet.

Exactly. And you can find IRL friends. You just have to take the steps. You guys do not have to live like this and you won't be damned to hell if you walk away from this craziness. I think you're probably a nice lady that's just gotten way off the beaten path.

You also need to understand that this is a snark board. You aren't going to fix anyone here Joanne, because we're happy the way we are. We aren't here to find ideas for charitable outreach. We're here to snark.

Ok, thank you. This clears it up for me.

Ok, thank you. This clears it up for me.

Joanne, you're a nice lady. Get some help for you and your kids okay? You guys deserve a real life. All of you.

Oh, we're playing a game. "Holier than Thou".

Humm, let's see. I work for a non-profit. Do volunteer work for non-profits too. Always put my change at McDonalds in the Ronald McDonald house box, same at Wendys. Donate to lots of other causes I consider worthy (do my research first) Donate used goods to charity. Try to purchase things from charity shops when I can. (saves money, helps the community, recycling). Have encouraged the same behavior in my children.

Oh, always put money in the musicians tip jar at the farmers market.

Give people rides home from work. Pick up trash in the community.

Ohh, that reminds me, have to get the fabric and get started on the charity quilt for the Auction in September. I make one every year.

Lots of other stuff I can't remember right now.

How many points do I get?

From her blog comments:

It's not about being happy [in a worldly sense] on this earth; it's about following the Lord no matter the cost

It's really very sad. Joanne and her children are probably miserable, but they are willing to sacrifice all happiness for a god that they have no proof even exists.

Isn't there a quote from Jesus in Matthew (?) about not telling about the charity you give. Charity isn't just money either. Money is great, but time is so much better. Talking to someone who's having a bad time, letting them vent or just take them out somewhere to get their mind off things. Driving several miles to help a stranded friend. Going out of your way to help rebuild homes after a natural disaster.

I think Joanne is probably a nice lady, but her beliefs have gone off the deep end. No, Joanne, I will not snark on your minor children. That's horrible. They didn't ask for that life. As I said last time, you really need to be more careful about sharing personal info on the internet. It concerns me for you and your children that I know exactly where you live and that you openly share that info, invite random people you don't know to your home and give out your number. For your safety and especially for your children's safety, don't do this.

Isn't there a quote from Jesus in Matthew (?) about not telling about the charity you give. Charity isn't just money either. Money is great, but time is so much better. Talking to someone who's having a bad time, letting them vent or just take them out somewhere to get their mind off things. Driving several miles to help a stranded friend. Going out of your way to help rebuild homes after a natural disaster.

I was raised on Maimonides' ideas about charity:

Maimonides, often called by his acronym RaMBaM (Rabbi Moshe Ben Maimon), was a 12th century Jewish scholar and physician. Rambam wrote a code of Jewish law, the Mishnah Torah, based on the Rabbinic oral tradition.

Rambam organized the different levels of tzedakah (charity) into a list from the least to the most honorable.

8. When donations are given grudgingly.

7. When one gives less than he should, but does so cheerfully.

6. When one gives directly to the poor upon being asked.

5. When one gives directly to the poor without being asked.

4. When the recipient is aware of the donor's identity, but the donor does not know the identity of the recipient.

3. When the donor is aware of the recipient's identity, but the recipient is unaware of the source.

2. When the donor and recipient are unknown to each other.

1. The highest form of charity is to help sustain a person before they become impoverished by offering a substantial gift in a dignified manner, or by extending a suitable loan, or by helping them find employment or establish themselves in business so as to make it unnecessary for them to become dependent on others.

But all of that is aside from the basic responsibility to provide for one's own children, financially and ethically.

In the modern world, I feel that really should include being able to afford higher education, so that they can go on to support themselves and their children, and do even more good in the world, if they are so inclined.

I also think it should include keeping decent, kind people in their lives, rather than following bizarre and narrow "rules" that would make me dump their fine, loving stepfather.

Yes, we're a snark board, Joanne. But much of our disgust and anger comes from seeing how badly women and children are treated in over-the-top fundamentalist circles. Sometimes the snark is the use of humor against things that are truly evil.

To see a woman opt for that kind of treatment, especially if there are children involved, is heartbreaking to me, and, going by what they've written here and in the past, to many others here as well.

First off, you have a public blog, that puts your crap out there. If you cannot stand the heat go back to your basement.

I and others here do good works. My values are such that my good works are not fodder for public speculation. They are done privately and anonymously, I believe that its what is taught in your bible.

If you brag about your charitable works, then it is profane, imo. Just as Muslims don't brag about alms and merely state that they give them, and Orthodox don't brag about their charity, I don't brag about mine. My LIFE demonstrates the scope and level of my charity and that is all that I expand upon. Christ called those who gave in public for recognition Saducees for a reason. Charity is to be given in secret.

Joanne, why do you assume that spending time here means we are not giving to others when you in fact are here, and seem to have a busy online life outside of freejinger as well?

It's baffling. I am in a position where I can only offer my time rather than money (although if I was giving someone else's money as you are I might have more spare change). But I give as much time as I can spare, I assure you. I am also completing an education so I can help people in big ways rather than little ones, something I encourage you to consider.

Joanne, why do you assume that spending time here means we are not giving to others when you in fact are here, and seem to have a busy online life outside of freejinger as well?

It's baffling. I am in a position where I can only offer my time rather than money (although if I was giving someone else's money as you are I might have more spare change). But I give as much time as I can spare, I assure you. I am also completing an education so I can help people in big ways rather than little ones, something I encourage you to consider.

:clap:

Hope school is going well Emmie!

Archived