IGNORED

These folks are way over the top...

Koala

even for fundies.

fewtherebethatfindit.blogspot.com/2012/04/godly-fathers-and-mothers.html

The children and I always enjoy watching a brother play with his children, instruct them, discipline them, etc. and most importantly, be an example of Christ to them.

I'm sorry, but what the hell??? :?

And of course the sisters are in their proper place, supporting their husbands, keeping the home, tending to the children, and so on

When sisters are in their place, their husbands are able to more fully serve the Lord.

Like I said, these folks are strange even by fundie standards.

Also, when you stop by, check out Joanne's post on Bambi.

The film goes on in more detail, and of course, each character that was so sure it would not happen to them fell into lust and fornication.

:lol:

It took me a few times to understand that she wasn't talking about her sons disciplining her daughters/their sisters. Once i figured that out, it's more bullshit about child training and wifely submission. If she enjoys watching fathers disciplining their kids, then she has more than a few screws loose. She's sick.

Love the first comment....Anonymous said...

"I agree, each to his place.

My husband's butt is on a barstool where it belongs, and I am in front of the TV watching my soaps.

I much prefer to take a casual, LA-TE-DA approach with my children. Teaches them independence."

hmm, SOTDRT strikes again? because the poor grammar in that sentence had me confused.

What does "SOTDRT" mean? Thank you.

I must be wierd but I always go into a full panic attack whenever I see a parent strike/yell/hurt their child. How on earth does anyone enjoy someone else's pain? :(

My proper place is being the queen of my universe and lording it over the little people who live in it.

And when I am in my proper place (at the computer or sneaking a documentry on tube) then my husband is on his computer killing orcs. Or however you spell orcs.

What does "SOTDRT" mean? Thank you.

It always strikes me as funny when they chime in as if they've been here all along. :?

Your post was creepy.

I see joanne has come out of the basement to grace FJ with her presence again.

How much money have you taken from your working sons this week Joanne?

I see joanne has come out of the basement to grace FJ with her presence again.

How much money have you taken from your working sons this week Joanne?

The sons that don't need access to the internet. None of her near adult children do (according to Joanne). Only her. Interesting isn't it?

The sons that don't need access to the internet. None of her near adult children do (according to Joanne). Only her. Interesting isn't it?

I always think of her as 'the bank of Monet', she's too friggin' lazy to work but will take the boys money and give some friggin' biblical b.s. as justification.

I must be wierd but I always go into a full panic attack whenever I see a parent strike/yell/hurt their child. How on earth does anyone enjoy someone else's pain? :(

Totally agree with you LPL. I can't fathom it....

I always think of her as 'the bank of Monet', she's too friggin' lazy to work but will take the boys money and give some friggin' biblical b.s. as justification.

I think she has hinted that it's sinful to look forward to getting married as well. I've got a pretty good feeling she's planning on keeping those 3 kids with her for the endurance. It's disgusting really. I wish that one of their fathers would step in and help them.

Amazing. Joanne, is there anything you can't turn into a parody of your own extremism?

From now on when my kids ask what the rabbits who seem to be overrunning our property are doing to each other in the yard at dusk I am going to say "lusting and fornicating....like rabbits."

-Yes I know I am missing commas but I cannot ti d them on my blasted Kindle.

-Also edited to adjust autocorrect.

-And again to turn "coomas" to "commas."

Just wondering why you think I do not work?

Joanne, I just read your blog for the first time today. You flat out mention you don't work and the lord provides like with the $40 for the new k-mart shoes and gas money.

I am really sad for your kids. You took away the only father they have ever know and their childhood because of your own interpretation of some Bible verse you are hooked on. You have them completely scared of sinning if they even talk to someone of the opposite sex because of your own teenage mistakes. You have done your kids a disservice, I am so sorry you cannot see that.

You talk over and over how "the lord will provide". yet when he provides you with a good husband you just throw him away. Wasn't that god providing for you and your children? You didn;t trust in him then did you?

So you do work? Then why do you take your sons money to apply to your household and then give the rest away? You have clearly stated that that's what you do.

As a parent, it is your job to provide for your children, not visa versa. You speak out very clearly against giving children an allowance, but you don't seem to have a problem with a mom getting one from her sons. If you have a job (which I highly doubt) and it's not paying the bills then it's time to get a job that pays more OR get a second job. I don't really care which. Your children are nearly grown. There is no excuse for you to sit home while they work and then hold your hand out at the end of the week. For that matter your children should be in school.

Although I didn't make the comment, I think that I can provide a clarification: Work outside the home for pay. No one is saying that you aren't busy or don't do work in the house.

There is nothing wrong with staying home with your children as long as you can support those children financially.

Then why do you take your sons money to apply to your household and then give the rest away? You have clearly stated that that's what you do.

I knew her son helped support her but I missed that she gave part of his money away.

Joanne, can you please address these comments from your blog:

My children have no need or desire to use the internet.

You seem to spend a good deal of time online. Your children (at least 2 of them) are older teens. I believe your oldest is at least 18 right? Why do they have "no need" of internet access? As I pointed out, you seem to use it quite a bit.

Now that my sons are working, most of their money goes to me to support the family? The money is spent on the basics: food, clothing, shelter, gas. Anything beyond the basics is given away. Corban will keep some of his money but he spends it on stuff like gas for the mowers, garden items, tools, things for the house that need repaired, and so on. They all know that the money is not really theirs, it's the Lord's.

If you work then why do you take most of your sons income to support your family? As a mother, YOU should be providing the basics.

Why is anything beyond the basics given away? Number one it is not your money to give or take. The money you claim is the "Lord's" actually belongs to your son. What need would a heavenly deity have for money anyway? I suspect that the money is actually going to the "brothers" at the church. :roll:

You know, it wouldn't hurt for your sons to save THEIR money for THEIR futures.

I knew her son helped support her but I missed that she gave part of his money away.

Now that my sons are working, most of their money goes to me to support the family. The money is spent on the basics: food, clothing, shelter, gas. Anything beyond the basics is given away. Corban will keep some of his money but he spends it on stuff like gas for the mowers, garden items, tools, things for the house that need repaired, and so on. They all know that the money is not really theirs, it's the Lord's.

Archived