IGNORED

Rebecca Loomis is still pregnant

jlbturtle

Maybe this has already been posted but R & S Loomis updated their blog and apparently R is still pregnant. Seems like she had some preterm labor problems but things are going well now. I'm not sure how far along she is but she appears to be at least 30 weeks from the pictures.

I'm glad she and S seems like nice enough people and its obviously something they both want so much.

I am completely mystified by this part:

Speaking of Baby Praise, we are having lots of fun with them lately, enjoying all their sweet little kicks! And, just for the record, there is just one baby, not two. : )

Sooo, if it's just one baby, why on earth are the Loomii referring to him or her in the third person plural??? Fundies are so confusing!

Maybe this is a School of the Dining Room Table issue. They don't or don't want to reveal the baby's sex so they are using the third person plural in order to avoid a gendered pronoun. But in fact there are easier, less bizarre and confusing ways to do that, such as "We are having lots of fun enjoying all of Baby Praise's sweet little kicks!" But maybe my guess is wrong and there is some other weird fundie logic at work here.

Oh, oh, oh, and can I just say holy shit, pre-term labor and strict bedrest??? THAT is why treating women like baby factories is inhumane. Being pregnant is a big deal and is often debilitating. How these people can demand that women spend their youth and their prime in this constantly risky state is beyond me.

Just looked, she was in her second trimester on Dec.22 when they announced it, so she has to be 34+ weeks now? I guess they waited until she was close to full term to say anything on the blog because that pre term labor was on their FB(or moms FB?) and I don't remember when that was.

Maybe this has already been posted but R & S Loomis updated their blog and apparently R is still pregnant. Seems like she had some preterm labor problems but things are going well now. I'm not sure how far along she is but she appears to be at least 30 weeks from the pictures.

I'm glad she and S seems like nice enough people and its obviously something they both want so much.

I'm glad, too; losing a child (as they did with the earlier pregnancy) is always so very sad.

And yes, don't they seem like nice enough people? They have pretty, guileless, friendly smiles. Josef Stalin had a nice, avuncular smile. He turned out: not so nice. I don't mean to snark at you personally, jlbturtle, just want to post the reminder: These nice-enough people are part of a movement to enact laws to stone homosexuals - among other decidedly unnice things.

I want only the best for the 8 Loomii but I never want to let my guard down about their goals and aims. :snooty:

Archived