IGNORED

Oh Kelly, you boggle my mind!

GenerationCedarchip

So, if I get this right:

1. Kelly first glories in all the wonderful BRAND NEW STUFF that she got from her various supporters after the tornadoes.

and now...

2. Kelly thinks we all have too much stuff and we need to simplify:

wwwDOTgenerationcedarDOTcom/main/2011/07/simplify-less-really-is-more.html

I think I'm getting whiplash.

I bet it's her way of explaining why she's about to sell all of the donated items for her children on ebay.

I believe she made a thinly-veiled reference to us, in the comments she spoke of a group that liked to call her "un-Christian". Uh, if the shoe fits, Kellster, then wear it!

Here's what I think is funnyj.. . . . interspersed between her "de-clutter" posts is an offer to sell her Scriptural Songs CD. I guess she feels her CD is not clutter. Opinions differ.

I bet it's her way of explaining why she's about to sell all of the donated items for her children on ebay.

I hadn't even thought of that. I just figured she was urging us to all declutter by sending her more stuff. :D

It's the commentary following her brilliant "Homeschoolers: Should we Test?" post where she says that Christian homeschoolers need not worry about silly testing. She talks about a hate group that has a problem with her taking assistance after the tornado. I think she means us!!!!!

Her followers are just weird. She has all these posts about simplifying, and then they ring in with their comments on their upcoming Pampered Chef and Tupperwear parties.

I love when she says the most BANAL things, and all the Kelly Lites are like, OMG, so wise! LOL! I guess when you lose everything in a tornado, and then you get "the most awesome" stuff donated, well, paring down is so godly, huh? STFU, Kelly you horrible twit.

We're a "hate group"? Really? **face plant**

I love when she says the most BANAL things, and all the Kelly Lites are like, OMG, so wise! LOL! I guess when you lose everything in a tornado, and then you get "the most awesome" stuff donated, well, paring down is so godly, huh? STFU, Kelly you horrible twit.

We're a "hate group"? Really? **face plant**

We're a hate group because we pointed out that she was ragging on Normal People who took federal aid instead of having our friends raise thousands of dollars via ChipIn so they could rebuild their home. I know I specifically went over to her blog and did just that, because I hated the fact that she was getting on people who do not have the connections and resources she has. Most people don't have a pot o'money in the five figures to help them with rebuilding short of looting their 401K (which is what I'd have to do).

Yeah, I'm a hater because I think there are more ways to being a woman than just the one way presented on Generation Cedar.

I think that is what makes us haters: that we believe women can be anything they damn want to be, whether a housewife, doctor, whatevs. If that's hating, then hate on, sistas.

Just more evidence Kelly doesn’t see the problem with her privileged position that asking for help from FEMA is wrong even while she’s prepared to exploit her personal and professional contacts for an individual fundraising effort that dwarfs anything a FEMA-reliant person could put together.

In other words, she’s lucky and doesn’t even see it – and then she begrudges other people even the lesser blessings they might get through disaster aid from the federal government.

She talks about a hate group that has a problem with her taking assistance after the tornado. I think she means us!!!!!

Yeah, 'cause Internet people disagreeing with your beliefs and actions is totally the same thing as the KKK burning a cross on your front lawn, right? :roll: Holy persecution complex, Batman!

She's "convicted" herself to simplify and de-clutter, yet she's buying a book on simplifying.

Later down the page in a previous post, someone commented with the following: "While we were on vacation we wanted to buy a new picture/sign for the house- our sign says “Simplify.†When I saw it I felt as if God had put it there for us."

So simplifying means buying more stuff to A.learn to get rid of stuff, and B. tell people that you are simplifying.

Does that seem hypocritical to anyone else?

Oh yes. You can get subscriptions to magazines about simple living and everything. The best bit is the advertising. You can fill a house with the stuff you 'need' to 'simplify'.

Snarkykitty-are those Russian Blues? They're gorgeous.

I'm somewhat skeptical that God put the "Simplify" sign out there for the blogger to buy. That doesn't seem like God's style. I feel funny saying that about someone else's religious convictions, but it just seems like an odd thing to say.

Archived