IGNORED

Holy crap C.Jane

figgypudding

In her continuing saga of needing to get over herself, C.Jane is posting her life story, starting with her birth (which, in a nutshell, she believes set her on a negative trajectory in life because her mother's labor was induced and she had a bad experience and C.Jane didn't have the chance to decide herself when to be born) and childhood. Some of it goes a long way in explaining why she's so bizarre, especially the most recent post about how her mother started calling her "fat" when she was a newborn and apparently kept it up throughout her childhood. I just have a feeling this is the tip of the iceberg and that there was some seriously messed up stuff that went on in that family, despite the warm fuzzy happy Mormon forever family image they present.

How many entries do you think CJane will stretch her "life story" into? I'm betting a full month, at least. It's definitely a whole new side of her family life than she's ever revealed before.

I think it's kind of deliciously evil that she's doing this the same week that NieNie's book is coming out!

cjanekendrick.com There are a few of the "Life Story" posts by now, just scroll down to see 'em!

I just have a feeling this is the tip of the iceberg and that there was some seriously messed up stuff that went on in that family, despite the warm fuzzy happy Mormon forever family image they present.

I absolutely agree. The mother called her "fat" a little too often. A four year old? "My biggest problem now is my weight"? WTF?

It's interesting that public-image-conscious CJane seems to be ready to criticize her family in public. Strange.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.cjanekendrick.com/2012/04/my ... .html#more

Think it couldn't get anymore out there. Cjane outs herself.

I don't know if this is a comment on an inappropriate actions of a person in a position of power OR cjanes attempt at saying how cool and non judgemental she is as a Mormon.

http://www.cjanekendrick.com/2012/04/my ... ation.html

The post before addresses another inappropriate relationship with a drama teacher and her middle school relationship with boys.

I know the series is supposed to be a memoir but I think these posts are becoming to private. Sharing the inimate details of your family life on the internet where it will be recorded for ever is not a wise idea especially considering how well known she and her family are around her town.

I have never understood why C Jane is so popular. She writes looooooong posts that ends with nothing and I always wonder if there was a point in them after I have read them.

C.Jane *fat*? There's a picture of her on the last post linked...and she's got her knee up against her chest in a chair and she's tying her shoe. That's the epitome of Not Fat to me.

As for the rest of it, I don't know what to say.

Holy purple prose, Batman! She apparently thinks very highly of herself, and yet wants her readers to think of her as an average person they can relate to. Way too much flowery writing for me, but for some reason I can't turn away.

Now Cjane has put up a long article meditating on things she wrote on her blog she now finds embarassing. Apparently, she happened upon a forum in which her blog was discussed on "page after (snarky) page".

Apparently, she is now a feminist and believes equality did something for her after all.

Why go public with that? I don't get it.

Now Cjane has put up a long article meditating on things she wrote on her blog she now finds embarassing. Apparently, she happened upon a forum in which her blog was discussed on "page after (snarky) page".

Apparently, she is now a feminist and believes equality did something for her after all.

Why go public with that? I don't get it.

Hunh. Wonder if she came here. *waves* Hey C.Jane, stop in and chat for a while! I know I'd like to have an open discussion with such a public Mormon as you.

Hunh. Wonder if she came here. *waves* Hey C.Jane, stop in and chat for a while! I know I'd like to have an open discussion with such a public Mormon as you.

I can't imagine it was freejinger. There are just not "page after page" of hateful comments on her. I'd say she is a rather marginal figure here, and she doesn't allude to anything discussed in this - the latest - thread on her. Must have been something else..but WHAT? I am curious...

My guess is the site may be Get Off My Internets. She has been featured there a few times.

I don't understand why someone would put her life story from BIRTH (weird...) on the internet. At least the life stories on NLQ and other sites are out there to help other women who are in the process of leaving cults and abusive situations. I can't imagine where C.Jane is going with this, except maybe to explain why homeschooling is the only true godly option for children. (Does she homeschool?)

Also, her Easter pics were out of control, as were the weird Virgin-Mary like pictures of herself. I like pretty things and parties as much as the next person, but it looks like she puts an enormous amount of money and effort into "private" family parties that she then plasters all over her blog for a bunch of strangers. Is she making money off of her blog? Otherwise I don't understand why someone would try to make a lifestyle magazine of herself...

My guess is the site may be Get Off My Internets. She has been featured there a few times.

That'd be my guess too, especially since there was just a post there asking bloggers to out themselves as readers and admit that the site helped them. So maybe this was C. Jane's way of doing that. I gotta say I respect her latest post. It takes a lot to publicly admit you were wrong and ask forgiveness.

Never heard of this site before, but I can see now I've got yet another good excuse not to get anything done in Real Life. :lol:

Oh, she and nienie have a large thread all to themselves over at GOMI. I loves it.

And now GOMI is slow/down part of the time because of some drama between GOMI and Dooce (you know, that other Utah mommy blogger). Dooce is claiming something said on GOMI is libel. I'm not going to repeat it here, but I would note for Dooce's benefit that she's a self-promoting public figure and if GOMI got it wrong, tough noogies, because the law isn't on your side. For the legally minded, the case citation is New York Times Co. v. Sullivan, 376 U.S. 254 (1964). The bar for proving libel of a public figure is *pretty* *damned* *high*--as in "you have to prove actual malice."

And now GOMI is slow/down part of the time because of some drama between GOMI and Dooce (you know, that other Utah mommy blogger). Dooce is claiming something said on GOMI is libel. I'm not going to repeat it here, but I would note for Dooce's benefit that she's a self-promoting public figure and if GOMI got it wrong, tough noogies, because the law isn't on your side. For the legally minded, the case citation is New York Times Co. v. Sullivan, 376 U.S. 254 (1964). The bar for proving libel of a public figure is *pretty* *damned* *high*--as in "you have to prove actual malice."

Oh I'll repeat it - Dooce can go ahead and sue me too. All they said was that Dooce wasn't taking the blog break she claimed, but was instead filming a youtube show in LA. I doubt there's any way Dooce can prove libel, but I'm sure she probably could bully GOMI to death. I hope not though.

ETA: where did you hear Dooce was suing??

Oh I'll repeat it - Dooce can go ahead and sue me too. All they said was that Dooce wasn't taking the blog break she claimed, but was instead filming a youtube show in LA. I doubt there's any way Dooce can prove libel, but I'm sure she probably could bully GOMI to death. I hope not though.

ETA: where did you hear Dooce was suing??

She's not suing--yet. Just slinging around her invisible Internet lawyerz.

You can go to the dooce® blog (and yes, that ® means "registered trademark) and see her rant, and her followers' responses.

I went to her twitter page and saw that the last tweet she sent was asking "are you a lawyer? I'm looking for one" and so I tweeted back to her that she needed to look up NYTimes v. Sullivan and about "public figures." She irritates me.

She's not suing--yet. Just slinging around her invisible Internet lawyerz.

You can go to the dooce® blog (and yes, that ® means "registered trademark) and see her rant, and her followers' responses.

I went to her twitter page and saw that the last tweet she sent was asking "are you a lawyer? I'm looking for one" and so I tweeted back to her that she needed to look up NYTimes v. Sullivan and about "public figures." She irritates me.

Yeah....I used to be a huge Dooce fan but haven't read her regularly for years now. She irritates me too. I worry for her children though - since the separation from her husband she hasn't seemed stable AT ALL. And now this? What was written on GOMI was so benign in the grand scheme of things. This response is completely over the top.

Her fans on the twitter are super-glad the traffic crush brought down GOMI. That's going to make it hard for dooce® to sue, because if nobody saw the "libel" then the impact is nil and wah-lah (yes, it's voila!) no damages whatsoever. On top of that, dooce® essentially posted the alleged "libel" to her website, so much for keeping it quiet.

See also "Streisand Effect." Gah. Even $cientology-watching isn't full of as many drama llamas as mommyblogs. I'm going back to reading art blogs.

ETA: Oh.my.my...the story's now on the Salt Lake Tribune's website. I have to wonder if dooce® dropped a dime to Sean Means.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsmovie ... k.html.csp

About c jane, i thought it was so annoying that she was going on and on about how big her boobs were and how *everybody* hated her for it.... But I look at those pictures and I don't see it. She doesn't look that busty. She looks pretty much the way I did and I didn't get much attention. But some people do have a way of drawing it to themselves....

Archived