IGNORED

Courtship story through pictures

makepeace

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2012/03/hidden-matthew.html

A post of all the photos of M that could not be on the blog until the courtship was publically announced.

-M + B got to know each other during family visits, which seem to consist of playing children's games endlessly.

-Wait, they go on a date...that is chaperoned.

-More kids games and kids.

-But they get a private moment together at the piano - complete with photo taken by whoever was watching them.

-Play a game called 'Germans and Jews'??

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2012/03/hidden-matthew.html

-Play a game called 'Germans and Jews'??

Well these are the people who stole flowers from a roadside memorial, so clearly tact is not their strong point.

At least they got to dance together, I guess? And they do seem to have chemistry (the Christmas Ball pictures especially). I've seen worse examples of fundie courtship.

Why were they so proud of keeping the relationship a secret? I mean, who cares? My God. For most of the timeline, I was wondering if the girl even knew she was dating. "WTF - This guy just keeps showing up to all my family events!"

So Betsy is 19, leaving 2 older siblings, Aaron (23) and Abby (24) still home and single. I wonder if it bothers Abby that hey younger sister is in a courtship before she is?

So Betsy is 19, leaving 2 older siblings, Aaron (23) and Abby (24) still home and single. I wonder if it bothers Abby that hey younger sister is in a courtship before she is?

Abby is married to Caleb Beasley and according to their sidebar, Aaron is courting Anna someone.

B: What is the length of M3’s knife blade? (4â€)

:mrgreen:

Oh for crying out loud. Who cares? Why does it have to be a secret? A "purposeful friendship." Gag. They didn't spend enough alone time together to be friends much less get married.

Germans and Jews is totally sketch.

Oh for crying out loud. Who cares? Why does it have to be a secret? A "purposeful friendship." Gag. They didn't spend enough alone time together to be friends much less get married.

Germans and Jews is totally sketch.

They keep courtships secret until they've been going on for a while, because they don't want it to look like the evil dating, or something, duh! :roll:

Kitty wrote:

They keep courtships secret until they've been going on for a while, because they don't want it to look like the evil dating, or something, duh! :roll:

It probably also has to do with the damage to the girl's reputation if it becomes widely known that she had a failed courtship.

It probably also has to do with the damage to the girl's reputation if it becomes widely known that she had a failed courtship.

I would bet it has to do with reputation too.

Also, has anyone ever heard of Germans and Jews? I agree with everyone that it sounds really sketchy.

ETA So, I searched up Germans and Jews the game on google (and am now probably on a list somewhere). Mostly I got returns of nazi board games (I didn't look at any of them - do so at your own risk), but I found an urban dictionary entry with this:

Nazis vs. Jews

A game played throughout a town, usually at night. It involves two teams, a team of Nazis and a team of Jews. Both teams carry throwing projectiles such as balls or apples. The Nazi team is much smaller but carries much more apples and spends the game searching for the Jews on bikes. If they find the Jews, who are hiding, they drop the bikes and attempt to capture the Jews and pelt them with the apples. When the Jews are captured, they are tied up and brought to a general location in the middle of the town, either to be guarded, tortured, or freed by the rest of the Jews. The game ends when all Jews are captured. The game is also similar to fugitive and may be referred to as Apples.

What are we doing tonight?

How about a game of Nazis vs. Jews?

The blog post wont show up for me anymore?! Says the page doesn't exist did they take the post down??

M3 and Betsy’s communication styles were very different, but typical male and female. Betsy was broad brush and general in her descriptions and imprecise in her words. M3 was exact in his dimensions and carefully direct in his words.
:shock: :roll:

I tried to think of something funny to say about this, but I'm just gobsmacked. Again. Even though I know I shouldn't be.

The blog post wont show up for me anymore?! Says the page doesn't exist did they take the post down??

Weird, I was on it, clicked on a link, and when I went back the page was gone.

Weird, I was on it, clicked on a link, and when I went back the page was gone.

It's back again. So weird!!!

Did they remove the part about Germans vs. Jews? I hope they got tons of shit for that.

its not showing up again for me. But right after I got it back they still had the German and Jews part on it.

...and so that A-holes at Free Jinger won't rag on them until it's a done deal.

Did they remove the part about Germans vs. Jews? I hope they got tons of shit for that.

No, that's what I thought initially but it's still there.

Archived