IGNORED

Cjane: My life story.. The crazy! It burns

keeks21

cjanekendrick.com/2012/03/life-story-on-graves-and-bodies-heaven.html#more

:shock:

There's to much snark to list but this paragraph got me

For the matriarchal was inside of me, inside that body that came to earth twice, to my mother's knowing body, a body that had successfully created five little bodies before me, the body that flushed out the remains of my first attempt, the body that welcomed my second.

I don't understand this paragraph in the terms of Mormon doctrine? Is it correct? My uncle and cousins are Mormon and I asked my Aunt once about miscarriages once and she said miscarriages went straight to heaven? something about souls that had already done their work? I don't know I kind of turned out on this subject.

I don't think this is Mormon theology. I recall the biography The Midwife's Story, about a California midwife's career, was the first time I encountered this line of thinking. AFAIK, she was new age. I think it's an informal belief held by some people. I'm not sure it's formally indoctrinated by any religion. Maybe one that believes in reincarnation, but I thought most of those didn't necessary hold that a soul attempts to return to the same location if it is unsuccessful in the first attempt.

Holy cow! I just read the blog itself. I recognize some of that as Mormon theology. I do not recognize all of it. Probably going to require waiting for a Mormon, or former Mormon to answer. There are secrets inside of secrets in their theology that an outside might have NO knowledge of. It's not something I have ever heard as mormon per se. It's possible it's been mingled with other stuff in that family or it's possible she's sharing Mormon beliefs that aren't normally openly acknowledged.

Ok, I've read that quoted portion over a few times, and I don't have even the slightest idea what she is talking about (and I have a pretty good knowledge of Mormon theology, since they were my pre-fundie fascination.) What is "the matriarchal"?

I feel like CJane has gotten crazier and crazier over the years. She started out as kind of a cool, funky, nontraditional mormon when she blogged about infertility. Then once she started popping out the babies she just seemed to get more and more nuts.

There are Mormons, there are Utah Mormons, and then there are Utah County Mormons...

Did you see the follow up post she wrote?

cjanekendrickDOTcom/2012/03/my-life-story-on-graves-and-bodies.html

I think the matriarcal stuff relates back to the Heavenly Mother beliefs held in the past by many Mormons. It's definitely heavily deemphasized by the Church now. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavenly_Mother_(Mormonism)

Some who have advocated praying to Heavenly Mother have been excommunicated.

Anyway, I think as C.Jane writes about it it is what would now be considered folklore by the correlation seeking higher ups in the church- the idea that woman have a matriarchal power descending from their Heavenly Mother in a similar way that men have the Priesthood power. I think this is why her brother disagreed with her post and says it's contrary to official doctrine.

The Mormon Church is interesting because there is this thing called correlation where the higher ups set the doctrine with the goal that every member follows official doctrine and doesn't create their own interpretations of scripture. It's very different from mainstream Christianity in that sense- you tend to get a lot less wiggle room and it's easy to get excommunicated or at least disciplined for having unusual beliefs (or even beliefs that were once acceptable from an official LDS church standpoint, but have since been distanced from by the higher ups) and being vocal about them with the church leadership.

She's also referring heavily to the preexistence which is still official church doctrine and has not been relegated to folklore status. Here's an unofficial LDS site that is popular with true believing members in which the posters are discussing children "remembering the preexistence."

ldsDOTnet/forums/lds-gospel-discussion/13605-what-kids-remember-about-pre-existence.html

Hope this helps provide some context. It's kind of a gray area within the church as far as I understand. I'm not a Mormon, I just used to live in Utah, so everything I write is an outsiders perspective.

she has been progressively getting crazier ... I have not been able to read her blog much after the unassisted birth story that was written like a trashy romance novel.

:roll:

Archived