IGNORED

Neal Boortz On Sandra Fluke

debrand

When Fluke opened her Twitter account the VERY FIRST person she followed was MSNBC’s Rachael Maddow. Now that tells you something about Fluke. She’s a leftist activist, not some innocent little law student who just can’t afford birth control pills.

I opened a another thread because this is such a strange attack against Fluke that I felt it was different from Rush's

Why does Neal Boortz mean by the word, innocent? Why would it matter? And why would her innocence be doubted merely because she enjoys Maddow?

Perhaps he is using the word, innocent to mean, naive? If so, how would her testimony be less reliable because she isn't naive? And again, how does linking to Rachel Maddow have any bearing on her naivety? Why should her innocent or naivety(or lack of it) mean anything at all?

http://townhall.com/columnists/nealboor ... uke/page/2

Edited:Corrected because Buzzard pointed out I misspelled his name

Following Rachel Maddow makes you a leftist activist? If only I had known following Rachel Maddow on Twitter would have given me the money I needed to afford my BC I would have done it long ago!

Thanks for the link. I actually read some of the comments to the article and I'm still amazed at the ignorance of some on the right. I can't have any modicum of respect for folks that haven't even read the statement she read, but will move forward with more vitriol and slanders. The right is devoid of ethics IMHO.

I can't even read all those comments. If this is representative of the Republican party's base, I hope the party dies a miserable death. Because truly they are the party of hate.

See, I could have listened to you guys and not read the comments, but I'm dumb as shit sometimes. Now I have to bash my head against a wall (just in time to watch the Duggars).

Its actually Neal Boortz and he's local to atlanta but in other markets. I freely admit I listen to him every morning and really enjoy his show. Yes, I am a proud libertarian.

Yes, she can't be innocent - she must have an agenda because she listens to Maddow has a vagina. Good grief.

Fixed that for you.

What a jackass.

What does being 30 or being a liberal have to do with the issue about which she was speaking? As far as I know, she has not tried to obscure any of those facts.

People like Boortz and his listeners who are politically savvy realize that contraception was a losing issue -- they just didn't realize how bad of a losing issue it was. They tried to argue against cheaply available contraception and they came out the worse for it. Then they tried to intimate that women who publicly speak about the need for affordable birth control are inherently sluts and prostitutes. And now, because they lost on that too, they're trying to make Fluke look like an undercover political operative who agreed to testify in cahoots with the liberals. Frankly, the Democrats and Ms. Fluke never claimed she was anything but what she is -- a smart, articulate law student with a history of being politically active in issues like human rights and feminist issues. But since the first two gambits didnt' work, they're going for "conspiracy!"

If you don't have a good factual or reasoned argument, resorting to credibility and personal attacks on the woman who had the audacity to testify in front of Congress when invited to do so is the remaining option. Real stand up guy, that Boortz.

I opened a another thread because this is such a strange attack against Fluke that I felt it was different from Rush's

Why does Neal Boortz mean by the word, innocent? Why would it matter? And why would her innocence be doubted merely because she enjoys Maddow?

Perhaps he is using the word, innocent to mean, naive? If so, how would her testimony be less reliable because she isn't naive? And again, how does linking to Rachel Maddow have any bearing on her naivety? Why should her innocent or naivety(or lack of it) mean anything at all?

http://townhall.com/columnists/nealboor ... uke/page/2

Edited:Corrected because Buzzard pointed out I misspelled his name

Bloody hell, now we are to be judged by our Twitter?

I got one but I am confused by it. I managed to follow my union after a great deal of trial and error but if I wanted to test it I might have followed anyone. Or in fact if I understood it I would follow people I disagreed with, to hear what they have to say. It doesn't prove anything.

No clue who this bloke is but Ms Maddow is off the telly, right? So we have learnt now about Ms Fluke she likes a woman off the telly. That's evidence of left wing activism right thar.

This article hurt me in the brain.

The thing is, though, she IS an activist. She's never tried to hide that. The people who testify in front of Congress are, by their nature, either researchers/experts, activists or someone deeply and personally affected by a certain issue. That's how they end up there. Congress doesn't usually come and pull you out of your job and home randomly and say, "What do you think about this?" You know who else is an activist? The Focus on the Family guys that the Republicans pull in to testify on gay marriage and child rearing. It's silly to deny Ms. Fluke's past doing activism in areas that are considered "left-wing" because it's a ridiculous double standard to say that the Dems can't pull in activists. It doesn't change her testimony and it doesn't change the side of the issue she represents.

It doesn't change the ultra-conservative reaction to her testimony, which was essentially, "SLUT!" This is a non-issue that Boortz and his ilk are using to distract from the actual issues of: a. affordable contraceptives from your insurance which you and your employer pay for (not tax dollars) and b. that a certain percentage of conservatives not only believe its acceptable to call a woman they disagree with a slut and prostitute and to impugn her personally for her decision to speak to members of Congress about an issue she cares about as a citizen, but that an certain subset of that percentage doesn't just accept it, they revel in it.

I don't deny she's an activist but I do think it's silly and shallow to do like this guy and say "I know that from who she follows on Twitter". It almost seems insulting to her activism to do that...like not taking her seriously.

I suppose (ridiculously because it's townhall.com) I would have liked to have a piece with a bit of looking into stuff...what are the causes this young woman supports? Why does she feel led to support them. It pisses me off when these things are based on "ooh, who does she follow on Twitter" and the like.

It's hard to articulate why I find that so annoying, but I'm not trying to rob you of your activists, I like activists :) It just seems such a petty thing.

One of the things that I'm finding interesting (and depressing) is how people view the birth control issue.

I feel like I'm at the point where I see one more person who has a comfortable income and good circumstances in their life talk about how everyone should just be able to pay out of pocket for birth control, talking about how low-cost it is (never mind that there's many different types of BCP and not all of them work well for everyone) and whining about how they're tired of "giving handouts to everyone", I'm going to fucking scream.

Bonus points if it's a military wife who's not paying anything for her BCP. (Yes, this is a drawn-from-life example)

ETA: I had to go scream. The same person who prompted my little mini-rant just posted this on FB:

I am rather embarrassed to be female right now. Women's rights have gotten ridiculous.

I'm embarrassed that she's female right now... and for extra bonus points, she is married to a Whiny White Boy Libertarian (who is currently in the military).

Archived