IGNORED

GCB Good Christian Belles

MandyLaLa

watched the trailer, I might give it a shot - I love me some trashy TV

and hahaha, that neighborhood, it's so brutally Highland Park

It's not premiium cable, right?

I'll watch it for Kristen Chenoweth (LoVE!) and to see how I, as a Christian, react to the satire.

I'll let y'all know what I think, not that it matters. ;)

This is in response to the reports that it's lost dozens of advertisers.

• 2 weeks later...

Kristin Chenoweth is basically a fundie-light on this show. She has the best lines about being submissive to her husband. It kills me. I don't think it's offensive to Christians in general and I think it's ridiculous people are freaking out about it. It mocks Christians who are more obsessed with following the rules of their religion, rather than the spirit. Also, it's really fricking funny. The ratings are actually decent, despite the boycott.

I hope GCB gets renewed for a second season and I think it has a good chance. If it gets renewed the gals at OMM will be pissed and the Army of Chenoweth will have defeated them.

I'm watching it and enjoying it. It reminds me so much of going to church in the south as a kid. Some of the church ladies were the biggest bitches in town. :) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is anyone still watching this show? Last night was the season finale. I do hope GCB comes back for another season. I think it's very funny and the cast has delicious chemistry. My favorite characters are Cricket and Sharon. But the other characters are great, too.

And thanks to GCB, I now know what a "white marriage" is:

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazet ... e-marriage

Note to self: Get into a white marriage with Anderson Cooper.

I'm really sad about GCB's cancellation. My boyfriend texted me awhile ago about this. I hope those bitches at 40 K moms don't try to claim they are responsible for this.

Archived