IGNORED

rick santorum gets sauced

blisterine

rick santorum showed up in memphis today and ate lunch at corky's bbq after attending several church services. he ate ribs, nachos and barbq, as well as sharing banana pudding. i wonder whether he left an actual tip or a $1,000,000 tract.

i didn't see smuggar but there was a shot of the back of the heads of some of his supporters. there were several "buy used and save the difference" haircuts that may have belonged to a fundy.

there was no word on whether he preferred ribs with dry rub or sauce, but i couldn't resist the title of this thread.

i wonder if he is a bulimic because he's not as big as smuggar. if i ate like they do, i'd be bigger than the bus.

no video but http://www.abc24.com/news/local/story/R ... EpwrA.cspx

i got all excited hoping they would show joshie with sauce all over his face gnawing on a bone.

I imagine Frothy's still able to fit into his sweater vests because he's only eating things like ribs when out in public, and not grabbing fast food for every other meal. If his wife isn't overseeing his diet, you can bet he's got a nutritionist on staff making sure he doesn't blow up to Smuggar-sized portions. That, and a personal trainer.

A friend of my family used to be in state politics, and periodically hit the campaign trail. His secret to not blowing up was to never eat more than half of what he was served at social functions--preferably less. At a buffet, he took only one small plate, and only ate half of what he took; having a half-filled plate in his hand kept anyone from offering to refill it. He was a real talky guy, so he'd eat a few bites and do all the talking while the people he was sitting with ate. Since there were days when he'd attend as many as four or five fundraising lunches, dinners, teas, and barbecues, that was the only way he could do it. In between, he only consumed black coffee or water--no snacks.

I remember asking him about it because whenever I'd visit my family it was a non-stop barrage of meals and snacks while I made the rounds visiting everybody. I'd end up feeling bloaty and disgusting by the time I got on the plane to go home. I took his advice; problem solved. And I imagine most politicians who stay slim while campaigning do something similar.

It's also possible he has good genes when it comes to weight. Some people just can't gain much at all.

It's also possible he has good genes when it comes to weight. Some people just can't gain much at all.

Now that would just piss me off. Good genes, wasted on Frothy.

Oh shoot. I thought "sauced" meant he was drunk.

Ah, but it does one's heart good to know that Santorum was sucking on bones. In public no less.

Ah, but it does one's heart good to know that Santorum was sucking on bones. In public no less.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Archived