IGNORED

Amy appreciates the blog traffic!

SpeakNow

She's the sane one who wrote some very thoughtful posts about leaving Kevin Swanson's church and getting out of a very bizarre courtship situation.

She's the sane one who wrote some very thoughtful posts about leaving Kevin Swanson's church and getting out of a very bizarre courtship situation.

well, cool then. I went over to look for a second. I will prob add her to my list of bloggers to read!

In case any of you didn't see it:

justamysblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/hey-fj-ers.html

I'm sure she does - and please break the link and give a brief summary (so we dont have to give her more clicks!).

Who is she and have we discussed her?

Buzzard -- Basically, she's almost like Ruth, except her whole fundie-lite family has denounced a certain church that made her teen years hell. She's not like the other bloggers we discuss, she actually seems really sweet and down to earth.

Buzzard -- Basically, she's almost like Ruth, except her whole fundie-lite family has denounced a certain church that made her teen years hell. She's not like the other bloggers we discuss, she actually seems really sweet and down to earth.

Do her parents have a blog?

I'm reading her story, she seems pretty darn thoughtful for a young woman. Her family, conservative homeschoolers to start out with, got sucked into a group that she calls a cult. She posted the checklist from the International Cultic Studies group and then compared her former church ("Repentance") to it and found it awfully culty.

Do her parents have a blog?

Not that I know of, but her sister does, and her mom commented on a part 9 post of her chronicling what happened in this church. I would make the comparison to Ruth, but her situation is nowhere near that. Her family basically got away from a shiny happy courtship only type church that wanted all control of everything, and a guy she courted for a little while's family was the poster family for the church.

i gave her a click- to help her become debt-free. i noticed she likes cleaning cabinets, much like the maxwells.

am i missing out on some real fun by being a slovenly sloth?

I saw her blog before too. She seems like a sweet, thoughtful and smart girl who is coming into her own. I wish her all the best of luck!

i gave her a click- to help her become debt-free. i noticed she likes cleaning cabinets, much like the maxwells.

I'm hoping some of these girls would extend their ministry to my cabinets. :cry:

I'm hoping some of these girls would extend their ministry to my cabinets. :cry:

I also enjoy cleaning cabinets :shock: just not mine. We just cleaned out my grandma's and it was a treasure hunt. Look something that's older than my oldest child! Hey, this one's older than my marriage! OMG, this one is older than me in high school! :lol: I also love decluttering and organizing, but again, not at my house. :? :think: Need to do something about that.

I am starting to feel like I live in filth because I'm not sure I have ever really cleaned my cabinets. I mean I will run the duster over it, but nothing like these people do. I remember one episode of The Duggars where Michelle was making the girls clean the cabinets.

I clean my cabinets about every six months. But only because they desperately need it, not because it's super fun!

Aw, she seems so sweet. I like how she came to the realization that Jesus is love. Too bad the rest of the fundies don't catch onto that. She made a post saying hi to fj'ers.

I don't know this woman, I'm not about to give her a click$. Whats so special about her?

She escaped from the fundie lifestyle and talks about the dangers of it and how it is cultish.

She also does a good job detailing how her family sunk farther into fundamentalism. I know there was a thread on here a few weeks asking "how it all happens?"

I'm happy she has exited the movement, and the same for her family.

Archived