IGNORED

Crap, they're already at it - school shooting

Swamptribe

Just had two facebook acquaintances blame the most recent high school shooting on 'god being banned from schools'. I went ahead and corrected them. Sigh. Why the hell do people have to make such stupid trite statements in the face of such a tragedy? Are they really dumb enough to think that it's that simple?

God hasn't been banned and neither has prayer. You can believe in god and pray to your hearts content. They can't force it on everyone else and THAT is their real problem.

I hate how they twist everything. "This happened because God was banned". It's like their go to when something bad happens.

Edited because I fail at typing today :lol:

I've been seeing a lot of this myself.

If God is all-powerful, then how can you ban God from schools? That "No God Allowed" sign wouldn't stop an omnipotent God from entering the school and saving those children who believed in Him/Her out of love and concern for His/Her creation, no?

These same people call Christian "persecuted," don't they?

Actually, I've never known these two to do that sort of thing, and one is a male, married to a female minister. Maybe that's why I found the statement so freakin shocking.

I just have these bizarre mental images now of students being forced to check Jehovah, Allah, or Buddha at the door...can you imagine a little coat closet full of these various deities.

And the man asked "But Lord, why was there only one set of footprints..."

And the Lord replied "Because my son, Sandpeople ride single file, to hide their numbers..."

I've been seeing a lot of this myself.

If God is all-powerful, then how can you ban God from schools? That "No God Allowed" sign wouldn't stop an omnipotent God from entering the school and saving those children who believed in Him/Her out of love and concern for His/Her creation, no?

Precisely.

Actually, I've never known these two to do that sort of thing, and one is a male, married to a female minister. Maybe that's why I found the statement so freakin shocking.

I just have these bizarre mental images now of students being forced to check Jehovah, Allah, or Buddha at the door...can you imagine a little coat closet full of these various deities.

And the Lord replied "Because my son, Sandpeople ride single file, to hide their numbers..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just peed a little!

LOVE THIS.

But, seriously, it's crazy that people believe they could force kids to love God and be "good" by instituting school prayer or something like that. I think there are more shootings, because the modern world is crazy stressful, teenagers don't always have a meaningful place in it, and people are more isolated than ever. Also, there's the giant ass-load of easily accessible guns floating around the U.S.

Archived