IGNORED

More Ramblings from Miss Raquel!!!11!!!111

StraighttoHell

Miss Raquel published yet another one of her "Ramblings" posts: god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2012/02/miss-raquels-ramblings-3.html

This one was actually very informative. I learned that Miss Raquel and I actually have something in common. We both think Joseph Gordon-Levitt is "totally legit and very, very cool." But unlike Miss Raquel, I fully admit that it's "some silly, little I-have-a-crush-on-this-actor sort of thing." I wonder if Miss Raquel knows Joe is Jewish and extremely liberal.

I considered a drinking game - taking a shot every time she says "legit".

But I would be wasted after the first post.

Joe is just a precious, precious human being, isn't he?

Which is better than the game I usually want to play, which is "punch myself in the face every time Miss Raquel writes legit."

I spilled my diet coke every where because this made is burst into laughter! :lol:

It isn't just Miss Raquel. I have a sixteen year-old sister, and I can tell you that 'legit' is currently 'in.' I've even caught myself saying it a time or two. :D

I wonder if Miss Raquel knows Joe is Jewish and extremely liberal.

Fundie version of "he's a bad boy... but I can change him."

I feel like the lady doth protest too much about not having a crush or boyfriend. If I was a youngish teen trying to hide a relationship from my parents I'd be talking about not having a relationship in public. I'd like to think I'd be more subtle about it but subtlety doesn't seem like Raquel's strong suit.

What does holding two fingers up like that mean in the US, because in the UK it is quite rude. I'm not expecting her to know that, I just found it kind of funny to click on the link and find a picture of her effectively telling me to f*ck off. :lol:

I've heard of U.S. presidents doing the peace sign with palm facing themselves ('fuck off') in Australia, but I've heard it about Nixon and Bush Jr., so I don't know whether that's just an urban myth.

Did anybody ever email Miss Raquel for advice? Because I did. And the results were HILARIOUS. I strongly suggest it.

Were you the ungodly woman that emailed her to say she was drawn to her blog even though she doesn't believe in God? She was discussing it on her FB page.

I spilled my diet coke every where because this made is burst into laughter! :lol:

Oh no! The senseless loss of precious Diet Coke was not my intent!

Maude (love your name/avatar BTW!), does your sister use it with the same frequency as Miss Raquel? Really, there's a part of me that suspects Miss Raquel doesn't know the proper usage/context for "legit," but I'm nearly 30, so may be out of the loop with the Kids These Days.

edited for riffle

I could see using legit in a sentence that you would use legitimate, like "This purse is legit, it's not a knock-off." But she doesn't use it in sentences that would make sense to substitute legitimate.

And if we did a drinking gave for every time she posted a picture of her making duck lips we would be drunk in no time. The girl thinks a lot of herself.

I have to ask: does that mean our modern teens are "loo legit to quit"?

...Sorry for the earworm. Hope it isn't catching.

Dish! I wanna know what she said!

Seconded.

I have to say, Miss Raquel is quickly becoming my favorite fundie, at least in the sense that I find her endlessly amusing. For someone who claims to be all about purity and modesty, she certainly spends a great deal of time thinking, writing and probably talking about hot young actors. I love that 97% of her movie reviews consist of her posting pictures of the actors involved and commenting on their appearance, and yet she insists that she doesn't have crushes on any of them. Uh-huh. :roll: I'm sure Miss Raquel has spent many a night laying in bed thinking only the most innocent, pure thoughts about Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Jason Castro.

I could see using legit in a sentence that you would use legitimate, like "This purse is legit, it's not a knock-off." But she doesn't use it in sentences that would make sense to substitute legitimate.

It's also slang for "cool".

It's also slang for "cool".

Yeah, I hear it used in that context all the time at school. I don't get it (which, of course, means that in a couple months I'll be using it every other word). It reminds me of when "random" was the word of the moment awhile back. That made even less sense.

Hey, Miss Raquel, are you lurking ATM?

Does your horse have a clean dry place to get out of the weather? Have you checked? Recently?

How are his hooves? Have you looked? Will he pick up his feet for you?

Is he being groomed? Are his teeth being floated on a regular schedule? How about worming? Sheath cleaning? Does he wear something on his head all the time or is it taken off when he's not on the job?

Does he have clean water available at all times? Have you checked? Recently?

How about his diet? Is it appropriate for his size, age, and activity level? Have you looked this up? In a book written by actual horsepeople? Do you drop in and make sure he's getting what you think he's getting? How often?

Is he being exercised every day? Are you sure?

Do you know the signs of aggression, dominance, and irritation in a horse? What is your plan if your horse attempts to dominate you or threatens you?

Do you know the signs of pain and illness in a horse? Do you know what a fit horse looks like?

Do you know how to catch a loose horse? Care for a colicky horse? Get control of a panicking horse? Get a horse into a trailer without using fear or pain?

Can you get on your horse and ride him around? Can you make him go in a direction he doesn't feel like taking? Can you make him stop?

My goodness, the sheath cleaning had never occurred to me (what can I say: I'm 42, married and naive).

Do you think it's occurred to her?

Archived