IGNORED

Chinese Food in public schools is threatening America

Wolfie

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How dare they make her children starve????

I'm jealous. I love real Chinese food. I drive halfway across my city to eat it at places where my Chinese friends have to order it. Done well it's certainly not bland, but I'm not surprised a school cafeteria didn't do it justice.

Edit: Also, why is she whining about the cost to her as a taxpayer if it's a semi-private high school? I'm assuming that most of the students pay for the food either through tuition or by paying at the school. I can't fathom a semi-private school being 100% reliant upon government funds for food.

I like how she whines that it's for 7 out of the hundreds of students. As if *only* the Asian students (who may or may not even be Chinese . . .) would (should?) possibly have any interest in the food.

Edited because I'm still reading through:

Sorry if you all can't see the agenda that's going on....

:lol: What a nut.

homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=428680

The title basically says it all.

Faustian slip should weigh in, but my experience is authentic native Chinese food was hardly tasteless and bland for an American palate!

How dare they make her children starve????

I'm jealous. I love real Chinese food. I drive halfway across my city to eat it at places where my Chinese friends have to order it. Done well it's certainly not bland, but I'm not surprised a school cafeteria didn't do it justice.

Edit: Also, why is she whining about the cost to her as a taxpayer if it's a semi-private high school? I'm assuming that most of the students pay for the food either through tuition or by paying at the school. I can't fathom a semi-private school being 100% reliant upon government funds for food.

I love real Chinese food. When we were there on vacation two years ago every meal was heaven!

I like how the poster says that her kids were force fed but they threw the food out. Something doesn't match up there. I am glad to see the commenters are taking her to task!

I don't really get how that posting fits under the heading of "Survival & Emergency Preparedness". Crazy.

The stupidity kills me. @_@

For one thing, the "Chinese food" her kids were served is probably as American as anything: what we typically consider Chinese food in the United States was designed more for the American palate than to reflect any authentic Chinese cuisine. It's attacking our heritage about as much as "French" fries does, which is not at all.

As far as the complaint that the school is kowtowing to the apparently small Chinese minority at the school, does this woman complain about Mexican food being served for Cinco de Mayo, or the lunch menu recognizing any other "non-American" holiday? If so, she needs a life; if not, she's a hypocrite.

Also, in regards to the wasted food...has this woman ever ate school lunch? If they're wasting food, it's not because of Chinese New Year Day, it's because school lunch tends to be pretty disgusting. If she's so concerned about her tax money being wasted (which might not be likely if the school is semi-private), maybe she could petition for the school to serve food that isn't gross personified.

I like how the poster says that her kids were force fed but they threw the food out. Something doesn't match up there. I am glad to see the commenters are taking her to task!

I don't really get how that posting fits under the heading of "Survival & Emergency Preparedness". Crazy.

It's an emergency! They are trying to brainwash her kids into accepting non-white Americans and their culture!

Oh wow. This poster hilarious. One day, they serve Chinese food, the next NO FOOD AT ALL!!!1!

I dont want the school to get involved in religions or traditions as the next time ramadan comes around they'll be fasting from sun up to sun down....(it would however save some money).....its a slippery slope....

Yeah, they are just going to stop serving food. The poster should be happy if that happens though then there will be no waste at all.

traditional chinese food can be bland. We have a great resturaunt we go to weekly far more chinese in there than americans. they have a lot of seafood soups and love crabs and such. when I could I eat most of the dishes there and a lot of the seafood was on the dull side. They chop their own veggies and meats and make everything including kimchee by hand.

Like their sweet and sour pork is much sweeter and stronger than their peking style that has veggies like squash and bokchoy and it is not as sweet but overall it is a better dish and the only sweet and sour I see the chinese customers order.

then again I went to this one place that had a whole roast pig and rost ducks hanging and a guy chopping them up and soem of the food smelled so strong and yucky it was bad. the roast duck was pretty good and the pork.

I like how she whines that it's for 7 out of the hundreds of students. As if *only* the Asian students (who may or may not even be Chinese . . .) would (should?) possibly have any interest in the food.

I thought Chinese food was for Jewish people. :lol:

OMG, the crazee is big with that one. Not to mention the bigotry. And one of her fangirls used the word "oriental" for Asian people :shock:

China's a darn big country, I think it's safe to say that some local Chinese cuisines are spicier than others. (Or, the other way around, some of them are blander than others.)

Which makes me wonder what on earth constitutes "American" food to this woman. Would that be New England Clam Chowder or Manhattan? Or maybe a nice gumbo? What sort of barbecue is correct? (Barbecue isn't local to Maine anyway, is it?)

China's a darn big country, I think it's safe to say that some local Chinese cuisines are spicier than others. (Or, the other way around, some of them are blander than others.)

Which makes me wonder what on earth constitutes "American" food to this woman. Would that be New England Clam Chowder or Manhattan? Or maybe a nice gumbo? What sort of barbecue is correct? (Barbecue isn't local to Maine anyway, is it?)

It is, but I don't think any regional Chinese cuisine could reasonably be considered bland or tasteless.

I have had several provincial cuisines while actually in china....it wasn't bland to the American palate.

Well, stroganoff is on the menu and isn't "ethnic" enough for her to complain, though that might be because it's "hamburger stroganoff" (which seems like beef stroganoff made with ground beef instead of cut beef... but whatever). My guess is anything that is "white peoples food" is "American Food".

WTF?

I'm willing to bet that anything cooked by a school cafeteria that generally doesn't do ethnic food could hardly be considered "traditional" Chinese cuisine.

She's weirdly entitled about her kids not liking their lunch for one freaking day - but I could forgive that if it wasn't accompanied by the hysterical "our American heritage is being threatened" nonsense.

I'm sure she's love my 'hood, where kebabs outnumber hamburgers 10:1.

What gets me is "OUR TAXES ARE BEING WASTED AARG WILL NO ONE THINK OF THE ECONOMY". This complaint comes up regularly and it is always stupid. The absolutely tiny amount of money used in preparing the dish means nothing one way or the other for the economy, which can't be "fixed" by homemade efforts anyway, except for revolution - just as boom is a natural part of capitalism, so is bust, and if you are pro capitalism, deal.

And Jamie Oliver being secretly in cahoots with the unions to deprive American kids of proper full fat milk...now I have heard it all.

Chinese food is more American than apple pie. It's been part of American cuisine for around 150 years.

This is just making me want to go get some Chinese food.

Mmmmmm...... Chinese food. I wish I'd not already eaten my leftovers from Saturday's dinner cause I'm getting hungry for Buddha's Delight. If it weren't so late here, I could whip up some K'ung P'ao tofu.

yes I could have packed them a lunch but the fact that thee school wasted a dumpster full of food is a serious waste of my American tax money.....and that kind of waste is what is killing our economy

Ok, my only "experience" with American school lunches is from watching Jamie Oliver's tv-programs... but my fiancé and I were _appalled_ about how much food the kids threw away every day. Every child got an apple for lunch and a lot of kids just threw them away without taking a single bite of it. Talk about wasting money and good food! And producing and transporting food that will just be thrown away is not good for the environment.

If children are light eaters, why not just serve them smaller portions?

When we were in school, we would tell the catering ladies how much food we wanted: "One small potato and half a hamburger, please". We didn't just get a whole tray full of food where we would throw away most of it.

We were not allowed to throw away food every day "because you chose how much you wanted, so now you will have to eat it". We could ask to throw it away if we really hated the food or were sick or something, but not big plates of food every day.

Besides, I'd be much more worried about my child having pink milk :o for lunch every day (what the h*ll was that?) than having "ethnic" food every now and then. Besides, I wouldn't call pizza, spagetti or tacos American food, but Italian and Mexican.

Archived