IGNORED

Isn't it time for Kelly Bradrick to be pregnant again?

WonderingInWA

So how does one get cloth diapers really clean without hot water?

You have to boil them. Imagine the smells... (and in the old days they had setups to boil the laundry outside.)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to boil them. Imagine the smells... (and in the old days they had setups to boil the laundry outside.)

I was really afraid that some one was going to give that answer Wolfie.

When I came up to Boregonia, we did a modified little house on the prairie thing. Heated with wood (we had a wood lot), but we used a wood forced air furnace. There was no way in hell you could get me to do the boiled laundry thing. We also had a wood fired hot tub and sauna, oh and back up electric heat.

I had the incompletely delivered placenta thing, and gave birth in a hospital. At least I think that's what it was--they never really told me. I guess it happens. For me, it just fell out on day 2 when I had gotten up to head to the WC, so they kept me an extra day, just in case. I was feeling craptastic anyway because my milk was coming in. No hemorrhaging, but I was glad to stay. Sitting in bed all day surfing the web and snuggling my sweet baby (the first one was a screamer, but #2 was easy peasy)--no problem!

I had a few small pieces that stayed behind with #2, #3 and #4. In the first two cases, the doctor did not know; the placenta looked whole, I guess, or maybe they were small enough that the doctor did not think they would be a problem? I lost tons of blood and also had an infection with #3 (although, I really pushed myself with #3, went to an out-of-state wedding 2 weeks after the birth, and also had PPD so bad that I could not eat and started passing out). With #4, the placenta was obviously missing pieces and the doctor had to remove them before sewing me up. I'll will spare you the details.

I was really afraid that some one was going to give that answer Wolfie.

When I came up to Boregonia, we did a modified little house on the prairie thing. Heated with wood (we had a wood lot), but we used a wood forced air furnace. There was no way in hell you could get me to do the boiled laundry thing. We also had a wood fired hot tub and sauna, oh and back up electric heat.

I also heat with wood, but have a backup propane heater. Both work when the power goes out. (which was every time it snowed last year, but they trimmed a lot this summer, and we haven't had snow yet...) But the only time I've boiled laundry was when I had a little too much starch in my reenacting petticoats. (there is no other way to get too much dry starch out of fabric) I can't imagine doing it as a regular thing.

Where are ppl getting the info on the Braderick's living arrangements? I'm wondering how long she's going to stay looking like a BarbieDoll4thaLORD if she's expected to pop out a baby every 14 months AND work that hard just to keep her hubby in clean clothing? Her eldest isn't even school age yet, but I'm going to hazard a guess that she's going to have fairly limited time to give to the SODRT.

Don't work your brood mare too hard Peter.

Where are ppl getting the info on the Braderick's living arrangements? I'm wondering how long she's going to stay looking like a BarbieDoll4thaLORD if she's expected to pop out a baby every 14 months AND work that hard just to keep her hubby in clean clothing? Her eldest isn't even school age yet, but I'm going to hazard a guess that she's going to have fairly limited time to give to the SODRT.

Don't work your brood mare too hard Peter.

I was wondering the same (about the living arrangements).

Peter's family were pioneers in the homeschool movement so maybe he is going to teach too and not just Kelly. But I bet he thinks teaching is only for wimmin folk while he is a MAN with more important things to do (like sweaty manly romps). If Kelly has it tough now, she's going to have it even more rough in the future. There gotta be quite a few arrows in store for her yet and raising... er, sorry... training and feeding and clothing them while teaching at the same time is going to be hell, especially if your ass hole husband spends his time having fun all around the world or protesting the evil gays a long way from your home (when you are about to give birth to a next arrow). Claudia won't be there forever to help her big sister. I think she is something like 16 or 17 years old so she will very soon be in a perfect age to marry (according to the Scott B. policy). Actually, I think Taylor and Claudia would have been a lot better match age-wise than Taylor and Blair.

I wonder how Peter's brother Phillip is like and why he felt the need to move to Wake Forest. As far as I know, he is not working for the NCFIC and his wife is not from the area, either.

And totally off-topic: Joshy boy isn't the only one who has been eating well after wedding day: scottbrownonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Browns-and-Bradricks-1024x682.jpg Wonder what Monica is feeding to David... Maybe she got a Duggar recipe book as a wedding gift.

OMTS, I know you meant well, but ew, did we just see a version of BRADRICK!'s o-face?

:shifty:

As to the water-boilin' ... what is up with this "ramshackle" farmhouse thing? Last I saw, they were in a relatively new ranchhouse -- or possibly a story-and-a-half -- with an open floor plan and a loft!!!

Whilst on the subject, I find it passing strange that Scott Brown identifies himself as "a father, grandfather and pastor." Not a "husband"? So all those childruns were adopted as a single dad? Weird omission, JMHO.

It may not be available anymore, but there was a foto of Kelly, the baby girl and BRADRICK! which looked to me 100% to be in a hospital or at least a birthing center, with visible tubes, electrical switches, and I'm almost certain Kelly wore a hospital gown.

There you go. ncfic.org/weblogmodule/view/id/784/src/@random493e73d2154bd/

100% hospital.

Been wondering about an announcement, too.

I just recently came across that quote of Peter that he wanted to marry a sturdy girl. I think it was from the "walking and rolling under the fence" incident, not too sure. What he probably meant was someone was would work like a horse and never complain. But after all, Knight said that she chose that life with the full knowledge what to expect, so I can't pity her.

I wonder how Peter's brother Phillip is like and why he felt the need to move to Wake Forest. As far as I know, he is not working for the NCFIC and his wife is not from the area, either.

I was wondering about that, too! He has this energy-saving company going on, but doesn't seem too involved in the whole NCFIC-thingy.

Great finds on the photos, everyone! Yeah, David Brown looks like he hasn't missed a meal in awhile. BTW, is he old enough to vote now?

When Petey and Kelly had their first baby, the photos made it look like they lived in a newer townhome/apartment and I think they lived in TX at the time. Then when they moved to NC was when they bought the farmhouse. With apparently no insulation or heat or hot water. They may as well be living in a tent.

And the "rolling under the fence" thing was I believe Petey's account of their courtship days. That they were out on a walk and came upon a fence and instead of being immodest in her skirt and climbing over the fence, she brilliantly (and I use that term lightly) ended up rolling underneath it to sacrifice any defrauding that might have been suggested by even for a moment straddling a fence. Way to go, Kelly!

I don't really remember.. what was the "walking and rolling under the fence" incident about again??

Kelly's father, Peter and Kelly were walking through a pasture when they came to a fence. Because she had a long dress on and didn't want to expose her legs by climbing over the fence, Kelly got on the ground and rolled under it.

I never understood how Peter could report that incident without feeling shame that he had not either helped her over the fence or asked that they walk a little further toward a gate. It does show not only how fanatical that they are toward modesty but how little regard that even father's have for their own daughters(or any woman's) needs.

Kelly's father, Peter and Kelly were walking through a pasture when they came to a fence. Because she had a long dress on and didn't want to expose her legs by climbing over the fence, Kelly got on the ground and rolled under it.

I never understood how Peter could report that incident without feeling shame that he had not either helped her over the fence or asked that they walk a little further toward a gate. It does show not only how fanatical that they are toward modesty but how little regard that even father's have for their own daughters(or any woman's) needs.

Yep! Ass-hat.

I just can't stand seeing pictures of them, because all I can think is "WHY? Why did a pretty girl like her marry someone who is both ugly and annoying?" I just don't get it!

He made a point of showing no affection for her before their marriage, so I would imagine being a decent guy and helping her over the fence would have fallen into that category. He had to be the biggest asshole on the planet, she'd have to want him anyway; then and only then would he say he loved her or thought she was beautiful and offer her assistance in anything. She had to earn it, dammit.

He made a point of showing no affection for her before their marriage, so I would imagine being a decent guy and helping her over the fence would have fallen into that category. He had to be the biggest asshole on the planet, she'd have to want him anyway; then and only then would he say he loved her or thought she was beautiful and offer her assistance in anything. She had to earn it, dammit.

Yep, I remember him bragging that he didn't even tell her she was pretty! He's a total douche canoe.

I remember seeing a photo of them on their honeymoon. They were at some historic bed and breakfast and standing on some steps in front of the building. She was wearing her skirt (of course) and he was wearing some big cowboy boots and jeans, standing next to her, yet had one of his feet on the step two steps higher. Like he'd conquered an animal or something. That whole "straddle with standing with a woman on steps" must be a variation of the VF wide-footed stance men do at weddings. It was awful. And what's sad is I'm sure she felt like he was just such a stud.

This has got to be my favorite picture of the 'stud'. Total douchebag.

2.bp.blogspot.com/_tzz7Hgfx7Ak/R1OTH6VlckI/AAAAAAAAAkI/7D3BEeXHYt4/s1600-R/brgd.jpg

This has got to be my favorite picture of the 'stud'. Total douchebag.

2.bp.blogspot.com/_tzz7Hgfx7Ak/R1OTH6VlckI/AAAAAAAAAkI/7D3BEeXHYt4/s1600-R/brgd.jpg

OMG, that's classic! One I'd not seen and just made my day! The guy to his left is one of his VF internship alums who is most certainly gay. And I think the guy to his right is another one. LOVE this photo!

I wish we could get even just one VF guy to stray and tell us about the posturing (for lack of a better term). WTF is up with the straddling?

The guy on his right just got married, not that that means anything. It's his blog that the picture is posted on. Caleb Hayden. I think he is in love with Peter. He worships him in a kind of pathetic way. It is almost painful to read some of his posts about Peter's awesomeness.

This post is definitely barf worthy: (it is also where the picture I linked came from). Can you feel the Peter love?

cshayden.blogspot.com/2007/12/cordz-home-in-winfield-mo-2007-fourth.html

To tie all fun fundies together, Christopher Maxwell did the pictures for his wedding - can you spot the man stance? (Hint: look for the big ears).

christophermaxwell.com/weddings/caleb-lauren/index.html

edited to remove active link

The guy on his right just got married, not that that means anything. It's his blog that the picture is posted on. Caleb Hayden. I think he is in love with Peter. He worships him in a kind of pathetic way. It is almost painful to read some of his posts about Peter's awesomeness.

This post is definitely barf worthy: (it is also where the picture I linked came from). Can you feel the Peter love?

cshayden.blogspot.com/2007/12/cordz-home-in-winfield-mo-2007-fourth.html

To tie all fun fundies together, Christopher Maxwell did the pictures for his wedding - can you spot the man stance? (Hint: look for the big ears).

christophermaxwell.com/weddings/caleb-lauren/index.html

edited to remove active link

OMG. In that third photo down, almost every guy has his legs crossed at the ankle and then there's ass-hat Bradrick! with his f'ing man stance. His arms are crossed! WTF? I know he's trying to convey confidence, but when you are a member of a wedding party, you just go with the flow and dump your patriarchy shit at the door, don't you? Who made that HIS day, you know? What a jackass.

And in the same photo, Nathaniel Darnell looks even more gay than usual. I think he's got to be pushing 30 (he's an attorney, I believe) so to be unmarried in that culture at that age, he's got some 'splainin' to do to VF and his inability to take the "man stance". JMHO, of course.

where do I find pictures that show their house?

I don't know what pictures everyone else is referring to in this thread, but I thought they lived here:

flickr.com/photos/40962693@N05/

Or at least, this was one of the houses they were seriously considering purchasing at some point.

They definitely did not end up in that house. Probably because it is far too modern and clean and able to accommodate their brood; what would Kelly do all day with an up to date, modern house?

His Facebook talks of the boiling water for baths. (Link not broken because no matter who would wish otherwise, there is no way for anyone to know who or how often or how many hits/views your Facebook page gets)

https://www.facebook.com/peterbradrick?ref=ts

Archived