IGNORED

Vote for Most Brainwashed Duggar. Female & Male categories

Jenesis Jexodus

I'm not counting parents because they are in the lead...but as for the kids..

Female: Jill, she's sweet but not the brightest bulb, easily influenced and has a personality that happily fits into the fundie lifestyle so you don't see much protest in her personality to turn her away from her beliefs/lifestyle.

Male: Smuggar, because he's old enough, has seen enough of the outside world, and doesn't have an excuse like the younger ones would.

Joseph. They did a video a while back for the birth of a new baby--I can't remember if it was Jordyn or Mackynzie, but they asked all the kids "What is your advice for ___?" and his response was a very serious "Obey your parents".

If you don't count the parents who started it all.

Jill: 'My advice for the new baby is to FEAR THE LORD'. I think that was the moment Jordan flipped upside down in Michelle's stomach.

Josh. I won't go into details.

Jana - because Jill is willing to poke fun at JB, and I can't remember Jana ever doing anything that would imply she'd laugh at anyone.

Jackson - because he's still too young to see the danger his mother puts herself in.

Jana to me always looks like a deer caught in headlights. She doesn't appear capable of an original thought, one that hasn't been programmed into her. Jill seems aware to me, aware of her own willingness to accept the indoctrination. Jim Bob has fully and completely brainwashed himself and probably spends a lot of time talking to himself in his own head.

Michelle and Jim Bob as the first agents (and not because I don't watch the show).

They were pulled in through Gothard's spiritually abuse and brainwashed using his particular variety of thought reform. The fact that they exploit things for profit only reinforces the conditioning and makes it harder for them to think objectively, the ability they've signed over to the system.

It's hard to say but my top picks are Smuggar, Jill, and Anna. I don't know if Jana is forcing herself to drink the Kool aid or if she is doing it willingly. Jessa and Jinger are also iffy to me.

It's hard to say but my top picks are Smuggar, Jill, and Anna. I don't know if Jana is forcing herself to drink the Kool aid or if she is doing it willingly. Jessa and Jinger are also iffy to me.

This!

I really wonder about Jana, Jinger, and Jessa. Jana seems to be down in the dumps so far it's not even funny. I wonder if she see's herself is just trapped forever raising her mother's babies with no future.

It's sad that in the past I had hope for Jessa and Jinger but now I think everyone above Josiah is beyond redemption.

Jana is the most obedient, but Jill has that awful 'ministry mindset' that they love so much.

Smuggar for the boys as he seems to be attempting 'leadership' whilst JD&Joe just come across like drones.

Jana has always seemed more like she is keeping her head down to avoid being sent back to another "journey." Jill seems to honestly believe a lot of the Duggar nonsense, but in the best way possible. She seems to want to lead a true missionary style life. Jessa and Jinger...just seem obnoxious to me. They seem so much holier than everyone else. They seem like they would be content to marry a fundie boy, especially if they could keep on talking about how great they were. They also seem like they would turn on a dime and marry a fundie lite boy and say that they had been called to that all the time. They just seem like they don't care one way or another as long as the get attention.

ETA: I don't see Jessa or Jinger as "bad," I just think they spend the most time faking it for their long term benefit. Jana, to me, seems to "fake it" to avoid more brainwashing, and because she really would like to start a family. Jessa and Jinger seem like they would be like Michelle...faking to be proper "women" while controlling everything from behind.

For the boys it's absolutely Josh!

But it is more difficult when it comes to the girls..

Jana seems to be the lost one among the older girls. A little time back she was sent to the Journey of the Heart all alone and I guess it was to put more koolaid in her brain. She oftens seems sad and/or depressed and the years she has already spend on raising little ones don't do good on her..

Jill seems to be the perfect ATI-girl that would probably work for Gothards ministry or in the IBLP headquarter (like Priscilla Keller) if she wasn't forced to stay home and raise all the little kids. Although she is not the smartest she seems to have a good heart..

Jessa seems to be following the party line quite well. I remember one older episode when she was teaching the younger ones and talked in really harsh way to them.. seems like she is into the whole obedience stuff. She also doesn't seem to be that smart..

Jinger is pretty similiar to Jessa and although she had that funny faces and rolling eyes thing going on for quite a time, she no seems to follow the party line.

The worst for me is Anna!

Although you always have to keep in mind that these girls don't really have a choice. They were raised this way and will be married off to a guy that shares the same mindset so it is hard to blame them for their behaviour.

There was a picture recently at Jubilees memorial service (I think it was one of Josh's instagrams) where it appeared that Jim Bob was giving one of the middle boys a stern look while a woman seemed to be scolding him. He looked to be about 10-11 and I wonder if he said something 'wrong' about the service. It gives me hope that maybe one of the boys is beginning to rebel. Not sure which boy it was, the middle ones are hard to keep track of as they seem very similar.

Joseph. They did a video a while back for the birth of a new baby--I can't remember if it was Jordyn or Mackynzie, but they asked all the kids "What is your advice for ___?" and his response was a very serious "Obey your parents".

In the episode about Mackynzie it was definitely Jinger. She said 'Love Jesus and obey your parents'.

For what it's worth, when I used to interact with them (mostly at broomball, after the specials but before the show for the most part, so this was a while back), I rarely saw Jana do anything but stay with her siblings. She seemed very shy or withdrawn or something. Jill also mostly took care of kids but would interact a little more (she was very nice, but really boring; I don't think she could talk about anything but her siblings).

Now when I watch the show I find Jinger and Jessa the most annoying. I'm going with Jessa for the most brainwashed female. No idea for the guys.

I don't know about Smuggar being the most brainwashed. I think he's ok with the patriarchy thing right now because life is relatively easy for him, (and I think it's easy for him because of the TLC money). I think he's in kind of a "go along to get along" frame of mind. When the show is over and he actually has to work for his money, how will that whole movement work for him then? Smuggar comes off as pretty lazy and entitled--I just don't think he has the intestinal fortitude to make a go of the Quiverfull/Patriarchy/ATI/Whateverthehell thing long term. Not that I think that he'll turn into a great guy when the show is over--I think he'll always be a lazy, entitled shit.

Jana has always seemed more like she is keeping her head down to avoid being sent back to another "journey."

Wait a sec, Jana was sent off on one of those ATI "journeys" for rebellious teen girls?

Where can I find more details, please!?!

In other news, my votes on most brainwashed are for Jessa and John David.

Wait a sec, Jana was sent off on one of those ATI "journeys" for rebellious teen girls?

Where can I find more details, please!?!

In other news, my votes on most brainwashed are for Jessa and John David.

I don't have any sources, but if memory serves, Jana revealed on a podcast interview something about being at one of those journey camp things and having to share thoughts of negativity towards (I think) certain family members. This is the reason I hold a tiny ray of hope for Jana...

But she went on this Journey with her sisters. I think last summer she was away again and this time she was sent alone!

Archived