IGNORED

Vote for Most Brainwashed Duggar. Female & Male categories

Jenesis Jexodus

Now when I watch the show I find Jinger and Jessa the most annoying. I'm going with Jessa for the most brainwashed female.

Jess should run a blanket training nursery. She's probably wear a green military uniform.

Hmm, I had understood that "The Journey" was meant as a way to "help" teens with some slightly rebellious tendencies to come back to a heart for God. You know, those girls who weren't so 'bad ass' as to deserve the Christian reform schools, but who maybe gave their parents some serious eye rolling.

There was a picture recently at Jubilees memorial service (I think it was one of Josh's instagrams) where it appeared that Jim Bob was giving one of the middle boys a stern look while a woman seemed to be scolding him. He looked to be about 10-11 and I wonder if he said something 'wrong' about the service. It gives me hope that maybe one of the boys is beginning to rebel. Not sure which boy it was, the middle ones are hard to keep track of as they seem very similar.

That would be Jason or James if your age guess is right. Frankly I have no idea what they look like, though.

That would be Jason or James if your age guess is right. Frankly I have no idea what they look like, though.

But you don't know if they were really rebelling against the whole fundie mindset or just rough housing with his brothers. I think having watched the show it was more likely the later.

But she went on this Journey with her sisters. I think last summer she was away again and this time she was sent alone!

I hope the Journey didn't change her too much (I keep imagining that people who go on ATI Journeys get hooked up Clockwork Orange-style until they proclaim their love of Gothard). I've always liked Jana the most- even though Jinger gets all the attention for making faces, you can catch Jana's subtle distaste with certain situations on the show. Remember the episode where Boob and J'Chelle were so excited about her pregnancy with Josie that they announced it while all the kids were doing the "slip n slide"? Jana was inside taking care of one of the little girls (Johannah?) because she was puking everywhere, and she was obviously displeased about it, despite trying to smile. I think if Jana's not the first to escape, she'll definitely follow whoever does and be there as a support for her younger siblings that do.

I agree that Josh is too much of a douchecanoe to be too brainwashed. JD and Joseph don't give a shit. Poor Josiah is the most brainwashed, and I think that's why he's looked so miserable lately because he's conflicted inside.

Everyone's already given enough reason for Jill and I'm tossing my vote her way. She seems nice, and I love that she's taking Spanish, but I think she'll be toeing the line much longer than her brothers and sisters will.

I would say Jill because she seems to really buy into the whole deal and has a lot of enthusiasm for it as well. Jana shows some signs of being brainwashed, but I think she lacks the gusto to really continue with the lifestyle if she didn't have to. Although, I also don't think she would go to the effort to break away. She just seems sad and withdrawn. Even though she is probably just quieter and more reserved than some of the other girls, I worry most about her mental and emotional health (as well as Joy's).

Josiah for the male category for many of the same reasons as Jill. Drank the kool-aid and is now super excited about it. Josh seems to be not quite as conservative as his parents; I mean, he does have a giant TV in his living room. He's a smug asshole, but I think he has made some decisions independent of his parents. Pretty sure he's not watching Modern Family on that flat screen, but, hey, it's something different.

Jessa and Josiah.

Jessa can crack the plumbing line when the little kids get out of hand.

That's what I think too. She would become very successful as a dominatrix. She's hot, dominant, wow, she'd make a ton of money.

I can totally see Jessa cracking the plumbing line over some little child's behind. She seems like the type that would have the "it's mommy's way or no way" philosophy.

Jill is an obvious choice, I think. She does seem to buy into it, and looks like she could be actually happy in the lifestyle (as long as she ends up with a decent husband). I don't think she's quite bright enough to ever realize that things aren't quite right, but she seems sweet and happy, so maybe it would be somewhat OK. I think Jessa will uphold the rules of fundiedom as long as it suits her to, and I agree that she could be quite an intimidating (and not very nurturing) fundie-mom. Jana and Jinger I could see slowly drifting away into something more fundie-lite or even mainstream; maybe not rebelling outright, because that could mean losing beloved family, but still not committing to it entirely.

Of the boys, I'm not so sure. I think Josh is too lazy and too selfish to be really dedicated to any particular lifestyle, but not bright enough to question things and get away. If it's easier and more advantageous to him to let the kids go to a real school, Mack to wear pants evermore, etc, I think he'll go along with that. JD and Joseph just seem like they'll keep their heads down and go along with it, but not take their beliefs to any kind of extreme (I think someone described them as "sweet but dumb" on another thread and I think that fits). Josiah definitely *was* the most brainwashed but seems to be noticing that reality doesn't quite line up with the family's beliefs. I could see him being quite conflicted now and possibly getting away from it in the future. At least, I sure hope so, because unlike Jill, I don't see him being happy in that lifestyle at all.

What about the least brainwashed Duggars? I don't think Joy has drunk the kool-aid at all, but if she's as unhappy as she looks it might be difficult for her to motivate herself to break away. (and I think Hannie will be especially hard to brainwash when she's older.)

Hannie seems to have a lot of brains and spunk now but I'm afraid it will be Gothardized out of her later on.

The smarter ones will be sent to indoctrination camps. No sleep, bad food, horrible preaches will do the work. Especially if they are females. They must be taught a lesson, definitely. They must come home dull eyed, robotic, obedient.

The kids that have grown up around the cameras all of their lives may be disciplined less than those that did not IMO. I don't know this for a fact of course but it seems like they have it much easier on that end than the older "blessings". I think that Princess Michelle has pretty much checked out of raising her kids and left it to the oldest girls.

Out of the Girls Jil. I don't think poor Jana has, I imagine any Kool aid she received on the journey of Heart was force fed, in the same way suffaget women were forcefed to stop their hunger strikes for the votes for the women. I think she is keeping her head down because marriage will provide an escape for her.

The boys its harder to tell, lets face it, they get the easy situation - waited hand and foot by the SAHD sisters, handed a business by their dad, and then become someone's spiritual leader and quiver filler (remember refusing your husband sex even when you are knackered is sinful). Sounds quite appealing, for a guy. :roll:

Jill

Guys? I don't know. Josh seems more into it for the money and escaping the car lot.

I'm not counting Jim-Bob/Michelle

Archived