IGNORED

They don't ring in the new year they pray it in..

sassyNoz47

I didn't see this posted so please delete if it is. This article popped up in my email.. I'm not sure about posting links but Michelle Duggar talks about what they will be doing tonight..

"New Years is right around the corner, and oftentimes our family gets asked if we celebrate, and we do! We'll take turns going around the room asking each of our 19 children what they feel like the Lord would have for their goals for the next year, how they'd recap this past year, and then we give thanks for the different things that occurred in this year, even the struggles or the trials that we went through.

Then we'll state one or two things that we're anticipating, praying about or looking forward to for the next year. When New Year's countdown begins those of us who can actually stay awake for it will pray in the New Year, just thanking God for this past year and the blessings of life and then looking forward to the next year and what he has in store for us and the things that he would desire for us to accomplish in the following year."

they also play ping pong and make french onion dip...

If I was going to spend NYE with a fundy blogging family, I'd head over to the Seven Sisters'.

At least you'd be with people who are happy and having fun.

If I was going to spend NYE with a fundy blogging family, I'd head over to the Seven Sisters'.

Yea the 25 year old sister would be giggling and happy to play tag. :roll:

I'll take the game of tag over the weeping and gnashing of teeth in prayer for unsaved neighbors!

I'll take the game of tag over the weeping and gnashing of teeth in prayer for unsaved neighbors!

New Years of my 25th year was not spent playing tag. It was memorable included a limo, great food and wine at the beach, dancing until dawn and then in the car to go to the mountains skiing. I wasn't interested in playing tag or praying when I was 25. :lol:

Josh just updated his instagram with a pic:

championnwa Praying in the new year with the family! #2012 1h

c968697e343d11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Half of them look like they're praying. The other half look: 1. Bored and listless; 2. Alseep; 3. Like they just drank the Halle Bopp koolaid. Actually, especially with the sepia tone, this picture kinda freaks me out...

Yeah I was just thinking, hope they didn't have beans or cabbage for Dinner :oops:

ETA;

And I agree too, they all look listless and sleepy and bored!

I spot some non-Duggars in the photo. Check out the dark-haired young man in the black T-shirt and the girl in pink with the wavy blond hair.

It doesn't have to be either/or, I did both. We headed over to the bell tower at 11.30, had snacks and chatted, then we had a Bible reading and some prayer. Then at midnight we rang in the new year.

I spot some non-Duggars in the photo. Check out the dark-haired young man in the black T-shirt and the girl in pink with the wavy blond hair.

Juding by the comments (and photos on his own instagram) the dark haired guy is this person [web.stagram.com/n/jonathanehari/]

I thought it might be a suitor until I saw he was Asian. I'm sure the Duggars want a 'pure' bloodline.

Juding by the comments (and photos on his own instagram) the dark haired guy is this person [web.stagram.com/n/jonathanehari/]

I thought it might be a suitor until I saw he was Asian. I'm sure the Duggars want a 'pure' bloodline.

Judging from his photos, he seems to like kids. He'd probably make a good match for JIll.

On one hand, I can't imagine the Duggars approving of interracial marriages but on the other hand, I've known people who changed their mind about dating outside their own race due to their child's spouse. Perhaps, being able to meet and get to know the young man, would change the Duggar's opinion on the issue.

Of course, I know some people who would be all right with their son marrying outside their own race but not their daughters.

New Years of my 25th year was not spent playing tag. It was memorable included a limo, great food and wine at the beach, dancing until dawn and then in the car to go to the mountains skiing. I wasn't interested in playing tag or praying when I was 25. :lol:

I don't remember New Years Eve at 25. I remember 26, and I remember 22 and 23, but 25 is a blank. Of course, I was living with my ex fiance at the time and I blocked a lot of those years from memory, so that easily explains my memory lapse. At 23, I was in a bar on Great Lakes Naval base with friends, having what was, to that point, the best new year of my life. At 26, we celebrated quietly at my sister's house, having spent the day cleaning and prepping and cooking and decorating for a real party for that year for the Rose Bowl on the 1st.

I just cannot comprehend, in any way, what it would be like to be 25 years old and still firmly entrenched in mom & dad's world. We're supposed to grow up and move on to lives of our own. All the stay at home daughter's are living wasted lives at the hands of their insecure, screwed up parents.

Josh just updated his instagram with a pic:

championnwa Praying in the new year with the family! #2012 1h

What is up with Josh taking and then posting pictures of his family in vulnerable situations? I'm surprised he never posted a pic of Anna giving birth on the toilet. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he has no sense of propriety. :roll:

I find the picture creepy. I think it's the way they're using the couch or anything around them as kneelers that puts it over the edge.

I'd go to the Morton's New year ball! It looks like so much fun and I love old fashioned dancing! :dance:

I thought that picture was a bomb drill from the 60s. They've flung themselves over random ass objects and seem to be hugging themselves tightly. If you want to pray in the New Year, cool, but do you have to be huddled alone, hugging yourself? Why not have everyone hold hands in a circle or something?

It reminds me of Mormon camp, when prayer time happened and everyone crossed their arms and hunched their shoulders to pray. Hella strange to me.

This makes me think:

6613638729_65369525f9.jpg

Or, if you prefer:

6613650161_e59492ebbe.jpg

And, they have two baby grand pianos? Oh, the injustice!

Taking pictures during prayer just doesn't seem respectful. Reminds me of that one blogger who used to take photos during her church service of people praying at the altar.

Archived