IGNORED

Maxwells on a roll

skankbiscuit

Wow - 2 posts today! This morning, they delivered milk and muffins to the guys working on the power lines. Now they are constructing a gingerbread city.

Remember months ago when Sarah was writing the book in Uriah, and took the pic of the power lines? She said we would have to wait to find out what that was all about. Have they been planning this simple milk and muffins delivery for months now? Wow.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also notice how its always 'Dad and Mom' not, which most people say, 'Mum and Dad'

Is it is patriarchal thing, or do Americans say Dad and Mom?

Also notice how its always 'Dad and Mom' not, which most people say, 'Mum and Dad'

Is it is patriarchal thing, or do Americans say Dad and Mom?

I, and everyone I know, say "Mom and Dad".

There is something I like about the Maxwells (there are very few of those things!): I like how the boys are involved in the kitchen duties. Yes, the food preparation probably lies heavily on the girls' shoulders but every now and then the guys are doing their share. I think even Master Stevie is baking gingerbread in the second picture. That is something the Duggar boys or Jim Bob would never do. Remember the episode "New Duggars On the Block" (or something like that) where newlyweds Josh&Anna were hosting a dinner for the whole clan and Smuggar said half-laughing "I'm not gonna help her!" while she had to cook for his gigantic freaky family.

Something always annoys me in these Maxwell baking/cooking pictures, though. I have a similarly long hair as Mary but I _always_ keep it in a bun or ponytail when I cook or bake. It's disgusting to find hair - even your own hair - in a cookie. Yet these girls always have their hair open and hanging above the gingerbread dough. I think it's just basic food hygiene and also consideration for those who are going to eat your cookings.

Their caroling cookie boxes look fancier this year. I wonder if they are considering doing a pastry business. Their boxes and cards are nice and the Maxwells know how to make a variety of cookies from scratch. Maybe their new venture is to test the waters for a baked goods shop?

Their caroling cookie boxes look fancier this year. I wonder if they are considering doing a pastry business. Their boxes and cards are nice and the Maxwells know how to make a variety of cookies from scratch. Maybe their new venture is to test the waters for a baked goods shop?

Think of how many tracts they could give out then!

There is something I like about the Maxwells (there are very few of those things!): I like how the boys are involved in the kitchen duties. Yes, the food preparation probably lies heavily on the girls' shoulders but every now and then the guys are doing their share. I think even Master Stevie is baking gingerbread in the second picture. That is something the Duggar boys or Jim Bob would never do. Remember the episode "New Duggars On the Block" (or something like that) where newlyweds Josh&Anna were hosting a dinner for the whole clan and Smuggar said half-laughing "I'm not gonna help her!" while she had to cook for his gigantic freaky family.

Something always annoys me in these Maxwell baking/cooking pictures, though. I have a similarly long hair as Mary but I _always_ keep it in a bun or ponytail when I cook or bake. It's disgusting to find hair - even your own hair - in a cookie. Yet these girls always have their hair open and hanging above the gingerbread dough. I think it's just basic food hygiene and also consideration for those who are going to eat your cookings.

The loose hair makes me want to send the Maxwells a bunch of ponytail holders, hairpins and maybe even some side combs. Same thing goes for the J'slaves, too.

Did that large midwest snowstorm reach them? It looked like it was a bit west of them. Those storms take down a lot of power lines. (We have had 3 major wind type storms in less that 2 years that took down tons of power lines. Many people were without power for a week during each event. The linemen & women worked 12 hour+ shifts to repair the lines. They would have appreaciated muffins. Milk?, probably coffee would be better.) If the storm did reach their area and there were a lot of downed lines, then I do think it is nice to take them muffins.

I like how "Dad and John" gave the treats to the linemen. Don't want the ladies to be defrauded!!!

And rightly so. Linemen = teh hot!!! :romance-hearteyes:

I like how "Dad and John" gave the treats to the linemen. Don't want the ladies to be defrauded!!!

Think of how creepy the linemen would find it having two grown men delivering muffins to them and blasting them with some religious stuff,neither of which the men asked for and can;t escape as they are working. If they kept their mouths shut and just delivered the stuff is one thing, but its the Maxwells and you know nothing comes free from them.

Also, um, milk? Really?

Leaving aside the fact that plenty of adults are lactose intolerant... it just seems weird to me. If it's 7 AM, and you're going to go preach to those already working, don't you think you should at least bring them coffee?

Guest Anonymous

Think of how creepy the linemen would find it having two grown men delivering muffins to them and blasting them with some religious stuff,neither of which the men asked for and can;t escape as they are working. If they kept their mouths shut and just delivered the stuff is one thing, but its the Maxwells and you know nothing comes free from them.

This. If Mary and the little girls went along, it would still be Jesus-creepy but at least it would be cute.

And yeah, taking milk is weird. If we have people working in the street (like right now, our street lighting is being worked on) I would maybe offer coffee, or to refill flasks as they usually have their own, but offering milk and cookies is weird - that is what you give to children and Santa, not to grown adults.

Do the Maxwell's even drink coffee? Milk is nice and wholesome, but coffee is probably the devil's juice. :twisted:

I DO think it's nice that they remembered the electric company guys. I think coffee might have been a good idea, but maybe they'd dont due caffine?

Their life is geared to the average 5 year old..... I LOVE to cook and bake, so I imagine for some of the Maxwells this is ONE allowable creative outlet as long as they don't get too excited about it. So sad.

Guest Anonymous

Is anyone good at blowing up photos in a way that makes the text clear - I have tried but cannot read the 'Death-greetings' card that was given with the milk and muffins.

I'm sure it would have been something along the lines of "Thank you for your hard work, have some muffins and take a break to think about this: you're dirty filthy sinners and one-day soon you're all gonna die! Jesus came to die for your sins and if you repent and live like we do, you can be SAVED! But otherwise, yeah, you're gonna die and burn in Hell. Merry Christmas y'all!"

They deliberately switched the standard American "mom and dad" to "dad and mom" so Steve would always be first. "Dad's and Mom's Corners" sounds so stupid to me....

Do the Maxwell's even drink coffee? Milk is nice and wholesome, but coffee is probably the devil's juice. :twisted:

I am going to have myself a big cup of devil juice with Antichrist creamer. Yummo.

When I was a kid in fundie land we were told that saying "mom and dad" was disrespectful because it "makes father sound like an afterthought". I immediately latched on to the irony of "honoring" my parents by saying "dad and mom" instead.

I'm sure it would have been something along the lines of "Thank you for your hard work, have some muffins and take a break to think about this: you're dirty filthy sinners and one-day soon you're all gonna die! Jesus came to die for your sins and if you repent and live like we do, you can be SAVED! But otherwise, yeah, you're gonna die and burn in Hell. Merry Christmas y'all!"

Yup! Or something like, "If you're killed by electric shock today while working on our power lines, do you know where you'd go?".

Archived