IGNORED

Treasures of the Snow

Kdw

Does anyone know anything about this cult? It's been in the news a lot due to Mindy Mcready's mom being a member. Apparently she thinks she is a prophet and they use harsh discipline.

I don't know anything about Mindy McCready (I couldn't name one of her songs with a gun to my head) but I've heard the whole saga with her son on HLN as I get ready every morning and I understand that she got custody of her son back even though she ran off and hid him. I wonder if the cult issue played into the judge's decision. . .

I just googled it and the only thing I got was the movie and the book. Never heard of this at all, and none in the reporting of the McCready trainwreck either.

Guest Anonymous

Treasures of the Snow is a children's Christian fiction by British author Patricia St John. Sort of like Heidi for Christians. :P

Is there a cult of the same name?

Apparently, Mindy is doing an interview (I think on 20/20 tonight) and mentions it. Apparently there was a lot of hitting with wooden spoons,etc this little boy endured. And the grandmother lost custody of all 4 of her own children for abuse back in the day. I tried googling and only got info on the book as well.

I haven't been able to find out anything about the so-called 'cult' either, but one wonders why it should be so hard for a MOTHER to get her own son back from a grandmother. Mindy McCready has been clean and sober since 2007 and she deserves to have her son. And why would her mother make that so difficult? Something doesn't smell right here and I think it's in the household of the grandmother, not Mindy. Good luck to Mindy getting her son back for good. She deserves it!

Archived