IGNORED

Bachmann: I don't let my daughters ask out boys.

dawn9476

I think Michelle Bachmann should go home and wait for the American people to call her.

WORD.

Also, I asked my husband on our first date - we've been together over 8 years, married 1 year. So there. :D

I think Michelle Bachmann should go home and wait for the American people to call her.

RIGHT!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Austin wrote:

I think Michelle Bachmann should go home and wait for the American people to call her

I'm female and sure, I haven't found any guys I would like to ask out (there were a couple potential ones I was thinking about, but then I learned they had girlfriends). I've also been asked out by guys, but haven't been interested in them. But yeah... I completely disagree with Bachmann in this one. I see nothing wrong with a girl asking a guy out.

So basically, she doesn't want her daughters to initiate anything for their own futures? Because that's the impression I'm getting. I bet they get told where they're going to college, too.

So I guess it's not okay if her sons ask out boys either.

This sort of backwards thinking is exactly how her husband ended up with her, instead of someone more, ahem, suitable for him.

pray-your-gay-away.jpg?w=300&h=252

So basically, she doesn't want her daughters to initiate anything for their own futures? Because that's the impression I'm getting. I bet they get told where they're going to college, too.

GodHer husband told her to go to law school, concentrate on tax law, and work for the IRS. So yea, where and what they study comes from their headship I would think.

I was raised very old fashioned on this subject. I wasn't allowed to call boys either. I could return their call if they had called first, but I wasn't allowed to make the initial call. I got my own line (this was well before cell phones although I did get a bag phone - remember those?! - when I turned 16 but it was for emergencies only) and then my parents didn't know who called who.

I think this is ridiculous, and I dislike this kind of thinking. It's as if girls taking a bit of control is wrong.

The most ridiculous argument I've heard for this is:

Boys should ask girls first because it proves that they are mature enough to handle the relationship.

What if the girl was calling the boy as part of a special gay-away program? (You know... like in Saved). :dance:

This is the kind of thing that sets up an utter lack of communication. The real message here is that women shouldn't communicate their thoughts and needs. They should just sit back and hope the men reads their minds. Good luck with that.

If I hadn't called my ex two years ago and gotten back in touch with him... Lord only knows where I would be. If what happened to me had happened to any one of them, they would all call it "divine intervention from God" SO I was the one that took the initial step in that relationship. And I am glad I did. Because if I hadn't I would most likely either have an addiction, be in an institution, or dead. Because my life was THAT horrible, and was steadily getting worse.

Maybe because I wasn't looking for a relationship when his name popped in my head... when I called him I was wanting to reconnect with my best friend from elementary school, maybe that makes it different. Maybe because when his name came up I was looking for a way out... but still. Technically I made the first move, and as soon as I got off the phone with him that first day, I knew where it was going to go.

Oh but what do I know, I'm a silly heathen girl!

She was on Sean Hannity's show today and talked about girls in her household have to wait for boys to call them.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/ ... s-to-call/

Yeah? And this is coming from the lady who has been whining about not getting asked to the prom. Maybe she could have gone if she had asked some guy instead of sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. She did grow up during the feminist era, not the 1950s.

Archived