IGNORED

Rape Victim pardoned only after agreeing to marry attacker

lizzy

Like others have pointed out, we can find such atrocities in other cultures and religions, too, guess the law codex of Charles the Great might have held similar things. But this happens when a gender is objectified (hope that is a word!) and treated as property/inferior./quote]

Yeah, not that I know much about this, but it might have.

And that was when exactly? You see my point?

Well, yes, in the 9th century. ;)

Isn't it strange that some countries in the Middle and Far East seem to be still in the middle ages, or 600 years (from Jesus to Mohammed) behind? Wonder if this is a cultural thing or religion is really to blame for this backwardness.

You see reports of it happening in Muslim countries. What you don't see is reports of it happening in countries where Christianity is in the majority. That doesn't mean it isn't happening.

The media does not emphasis the faith of Christians who behave badly in the same way that they do Muslims.

just check out where the laws against homosexuality are being applied in Africa... just check out those countries' majority religion... Seriously I can't believe you can be so narrow minded.

Most "Christian" nations in the developed world are politically "post-Christian". You cannot really find any Christian theocracies in the modern, developed world for comparison. Even though the US sometimes feels and operates as a Christian nation, we have this thing called the Constitution which has been gradually interpreted to include rights for women and minorities. This really pisses off the fundamentalists, as we can see from just about every blog we follow here. Just reading ZZ's blog makes me think that a truly Christian nation would have similar laws regarding rape.

So it was her cousins's husband who raped her? If he is gonna marry her, what's gonna happen to her cousin, then? Is she going to be the one that is „dishonored“ then?

Archived