IGNORED

Do fundies tell their kids about Santa?

gtmb

I kinda think not, since the focus is on Jeebus and not presents, etc. I was wondering about it last night during my annual viewing of "Rudolph". Somehow I bet the Duggar kids don't know any more about him than they do about the Beatles.

G

The Maxwells don't: http://www.titus2.com/corners/12-05-d.htm

We celebrate Jesus’ birth, even though the date is incorrect. I’m okay with that because we tell our children that December 25th isn’t the exact date that Jesus was born. We are careful not to mix any untruth with how we celebrate. That is why we have nothing to do with Santa Claus and stockings. He is a lie. He doesn’t exist, and we have purposed to only speak truth to our children. If we were including Santa Claus then I feel there would be clear reason not to celebrate Christmas.

Trust Steve Maxwell to take the fun out of anything and everything.

Absolutely not. Unless it is to allude to the fact that Santa is an anagram for Satan.

Haha, that's what my grandmother always said.

Anyway, even though we didn't do the Santa thing, we still did presents, the tree, the food, all the fun decorating shit and Christmas movies. I don't really see the Santa thing as a big deal or feel like I missed out, Christmas was still my total favorite growing up.

I was raised somewhat fundy, and we knew all about Santa Claus and did the whole stockings thing and got presents from "Santa". My parents always told us that he wasn't real though, and it was just sort of a game for us. My mom has told me that she never felt comfortable outright lying to us so she let us have some fun with it but told us the truth.

(hi)

I kinda think not, since the focus is on Jeebus and not presents, etc. I was wondering about it last night during my annual viewing of "Rudolph". Somehow I bet the Duggar kids don't know any more about him than they do about the Beatles.

G

I first saw traditional Christmas specials like Rudolph when I started dating my boyfriend on college. The kind that I did see were like Charlie Brown Christmas or Mickey's Christmas Carol.

Oh yeah, they tell them about Santa, all right. They tell them that Santa is a pagan demon in disguise! Although, the inashoe people don't do Santa, but they do Santa hats. Mmmmmkay... :eusa-think:

I knew a fundie family that told their kids that the Baby Jesus brought the presents. I thought this was a bad idea, generally.

I knew a fundie family that told their kids that the Baby Jesus brought the presents. I thought this was a bad idea, generally.

That is a terrible idea! What happens when the year has been a bit thin? Baby Jesus got stingy?

I always knew the presents came from family, and it was still so exciting I couldn't sleep the night before :P

That is a terrible idea! What happens when the year has been a bit thin? Baby Jesus got stingy?

I always knew the presents came from family, and it was still so exciting I couldn't sleep the night before :P

The thing I didn't get was that all kids realize at some point that Santa is not bringing the gifts, ergo he does not exist. Why would someone want their kids to make the same leap with the main figure in their religion?

I never thought about the thin year issue. The dad was an insurance salesman, and had better years and worse years. I always manage to pull off a nice Christmas just because I don't want the kids to think they were not good enough for Santa; how horrible would it be to be rejected by Santa? and how much more horrible if Jesus was the rejector!

:lol:

perhaps you didn't mean to be funny, but this just strikes me as the understatement of the year.

Archived