IGNORED

Kendull's shout out to FJ....She IS that blogger!

Koala

I don't even know who she is, must not be THAT interesting....I've seen a couple of threads about her, but she seems boring to me. Not worth even bothering with on a really boring day at work. So, no, lil fundie, we are not here just for you.

Kendull, some of us here don't speak English fluently and we make some mistakes. I'm definitely one of them. Guess what? English is my third language. I have only spent 2 weeks in an English speaking country. Guess what else? Your written English is still not better than mine.

Also, I will never home-school my future (potential) children.

Same here (third language of five I have ever learned). I wouldn't homeschool either and one of the reasons is that we have mandatory languages in our curriculum which homeschoolers too have to follow to graduate. I want my (possible) kids to learn those languages better than I could ever teach them.

I know I make mistakes with the grammar and the syntax but hey, I can make myself understood in very different language than my mother tongue which isn't one of the indo-european languages.

:roll:

Yes Kendal, we all know how special you are, being persecuted for blah blah blah.

PS: If there is a baby in the ring sling pictured for your giveaway, it's a VERY unsafe position for a small infant. Please see http://www.thebabywearer.com/articles/H ... ioning.pdf for safe positioning in a ring sling, and feel free to share with readers.

I know I make mistakes with the grammar and the syntax but hey, I can make myself understood in very different language than my mother tongue which isn't one of the indo-european languages.

Mm I think it's funny that Kendull compares her language skills to ours. I mean, she is a native English speaker. We are not. I think she should set a higher standard for herself. :roll:

Your English is great, Soldevi. Wow, 5 languages! :D That's impressive.

Effie, I would have never have guessed that English is your third language.

Dude seriously! Do you speak as well as you write? My written Spanish is awful but I speak well, I'm always envious of people who are good at both in their non-primary tongues. What are your first two?

Sola, I'm glad to hear that. :)

Kelya, I was born in Sweden to a Polish mother. We spoke Polish at home until I was 3 years old. My day-nursery teachers told my mum that they could not understand me. I was mixing Swedish and Polish. My mum then decided to never speak Polish at home ever again. :( My Polish is not as good as my big sister's. She speaks fluently and I can barely make myself understood. My writing is awful.

I started learning English at school when I was 10 years old. It's compulsory to study English for 6-7 years (in general 3 lessons a week). We are also supposed to study a third language for at least 3 years. Basically you need to fail English if you want to be excused from studying German, Spanish or French. (I studied German for 5 years. I think the grammar is horrendous. :cry: )

Some years ago I had a Portuguese boyfriend and we managed to understand each other with our spoken English skills. We had some "deep" conversations about existence and death (and sea monsters). I think my oral English is okay, but it could be better.

Bloody hell! It took me all my time to learn French (and I lived in a French speaking country for a while) and then Spanish at school! I really don't think that languages were ever my forte.

Kendull (Ken + Dull = Moron) is snarking on the collective spelling and grammar skills demonstrated by posters at FJ?

Ow fuk! I wont be abel to roll thru this post without the irony killing teh absolute shit outta me! And mosta us arent skoolin teh kiddies 2 repete these mistakes as they g....ahhhhh i dye.

[bURRIS DIES]

[sCENE]

Wow, I'm so impressed by y'all speaking multiple languages! I'm the typical American who doesn't honestly know another language, beyond what I needed to stumble my way through visiting various other countries. My husband used to speak Mandarin Chinese fluently, but his skills have eroded. We're hoping to do better by our kids -- I have to start trying to learn again so I can be a good example, but I feel like such a dunce with languages

I just can't with Kendull. She's almost too intellectually lacking to snark on.

Kendull (Ken + Dull = Moron) is snarking on the collective spelling and grammar skills demonstrated by posters at FJ?

Ow fuk! I wont be abel to roll thru this post without the irony killing teh absolute shit outta me! And mosta us arent skoolin teh kiddies 2 repete these mistakes as they g....ahhhhh i dye.

[bURRIS DIES]

[sCENE]

*Standing Ovation*

I can't even remember how Kendull even spells her name any more.

God can't effectively use a fraction.
Hmph...not much of a god, then. Even I can get value from a 1/2 cup of milk.

Although fractions being satanic would explain a LOT...

:lol:

Quote:

God can't effectively use a fraction.

But... if God is all-powerful, surely he/she/it is able to effectively use anything and everything...?

Archived