IGNORED

ADL doesn't like Ray Comfort's anti-abortion movie "180"

mirele

A group that fights anti-Semitism has denounced a film popular among anti-abortion activists linking abortion to the Holocaust. The Anti-Defamation League calls the film “cynical†and “perverse.â€

In a press release, the League calls the film “one of the most offensive and outrageous abuses of the memory of the Holocaust we have seen in years.â€

http://floridaindependent.com/56863/ant ... -180-movie

Of course, Comfort has to mouth off in response:

No one but a Holocaust survivor can really understand the horror of what the Jews suffered. But the analogy stands. Hitler justified their murder by saying that Jews weren’t human. Abortion advocates do the same by calling a baby a “fetus†(as do ADL in their press release). Yet at 6 weeks 6 days a baby has a heartbeat, eyes, a mouth and hands. We show actual footage of this in our movie. Science now tells us that at the moment of conception there is DNA, determining the eye-color, hair-color and the height and personality of the person. Destroy that, and you destroy the person.

Erm, Ray, you ignorant idiot. Every fucking cell in your body is coded with that information...it's just not set up to act on it. It's called "genetics." Too bad you're so fucking stuck on "kinds" (see creationist bullshit) that you don't get it.

What is this... I don't even. Ray's an idiot.

It's called a fetus because it IS one.

From www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=3424

Fetus: The unborn offspring from the end of the 8th week after conception (when the major structures have formed) until birth. Up until the eighth week, the developing offspring is called an embryo.

They should also criticize him for calling himself Jewish when he isn't

Well technically he is. He is ethnically Jewish, but he is an evangelical christian. Though Ray pretty much only uses his Jewishness when it suits his purpose.

So if a person is defined by their DNA, if we have identical twins and I kill one, I haven't committed murder, because that DNA continues to exist in the other twin. Right?

ETA: Fixed a riffle.

So if a person is defined by their DNA, if we have identical twins and I kill one, I haven't committed murder, because that DNA continues to exist in the other twin. Right?

Finally, the murder loophole I've been looking for.

Did I miss something? I don't recall Hitler saying that Jews weren't human. He said that we're inferior mentally and physically to Arians. Big differance.

Big surprise. Some random groups handed out free copies of these illegally on my secular Canadian university campus recently. There was a big uproar about it because 1) the movie is stupid and 2) you are not allowed to hand things out to people without first getting it approved by the university. Stupid people.

Did I miss something? I don't recall Hitler saying that Jews weren't human. He said that we're inferior mentally and physically to Arians. Big differance.

Well, he called them things like rodents and vermin etc. and said they needed to be exterminated like a pest needs to be exterminated. So he did dehumanize them. I don't remember if he ever specifically said "They are not human," though.

http://floridaindependent.com/56863/ant ... -180-movie

Of course, Comfort has to mouth off in response:

Erm, Ray, you ignorant idiot. Every fucking cell in your body is coded with that information...it's just not set up to act on it. It's called "genetics." Too bad you're so fucking stuck on "kinds" (see creationist bullshit) that you don't get it.

My grandmother was a Hungarian Jew who was young during ww2. She spent some time in work camps. She survived the haulcaust. And she was pro-choice.

Archived