IGNORED

Hypocrisy thy name is Raquel

lilah

god-sdaughter.blogspotcom/2011/11/this-generation.html

In between brags about her godly new horse, Raquel takes time to complain about how people in her generation sit around and do nothing, aren't motivated. Kind of sounds like a lot of SAHDs who have scads of time to devote to sipping tea and navel gazing.

The weirdest part is that she makes some comment about how people should instead of singing karaoke should try to really sing or isntead of playing video games really try to become a pilot. And then at the end she gives the quote "Remember: Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic."

Doesn't that just contradict what she just said? durrr

Miss Raquel is my new favorite fundie. She thinks so much of herself that she will never, ever flounce unless it is because she one day comes to her senses and is humiliated by what she has written. Another bit of hypocrisy, on her post about courtship, she says it is the only biblical way to enter into marriage. But then in the comments she says courtship isn't any better than dating because her parents dated. I don't think she has any critical thinking skills at all and she is pretty much just spouting off things she has heard or read without really thinking them through.

I think she is graduating from highschool this year. Of course, she doesn't appear to do a great deal of school work. She once mentioned a perk of homeschooling is that you don't have to do pesky things like Literature because she just reads and talks to her mom which is totally the same thing!

It is obvious that she thinks she is so much better and more special than everyone else in the world, which can kind of make her unlikable, but I find amusing. I wish I could find the posts she did where pretty much bragged about how wonderful she is and all the oh so special things she has done.

She's my new fav as well. Somebody mentioned that we don't break links for her because she is already aware of us. Does anyone have the story on that? Did she come here (or yuku) and actually engage? Or did she do the classic "I'm sooooo persecuted by the ugly feminists!" post?

She made a blog post about something I said here. So she reads here. At one point a long time ago I saw where someone commented to warn her about us. I think it was when her fictional was being mocked the first time around. Or it could have been when she was going through the name everything in Latin but do it wrong stage and that was being discussed. I don't think she will actually come here and engage, she doesn't have it in her.

She also wrote about how she is tired of seeing her peers update their posts with, "I'm bored," and "I don't know what to do." Get off FB Miss Raquel. Go read a good, strong, healthy book. Snerk.

I have seen her blog a few times and I do remember the incident when she mentioend FJ.

She seemed a bit smug with this blog posting. Some teens are way too addicted to cell phones, video games, TV etc, but not all. The part where she says to encourage someone to be a singer instead of singing karaoke is funny, because some people do karaoke for fun because they know they don't have singing talents. My cousin worked at a karaoke club years ago and I used to go to the club a few times. Most of them that hung out there, only got on stage to make fun of themselves.

She also wrote about how she is tired of seeing her peers update their posts with, "I'm bored," and "I don't know what to do." Get off FB Miss Raquel. Go read a good, strong, healthy book. Snerk.

lol. That part was funny. I kind of think when Raquel mentioned "good, strong, healthy book" she was maybe referencing that her peers should stay away from popular books that may characters have premarital sex.

I love her little intro for comments:

"Thank you for commenting! It makes me smile to know that you enjoyed what I wrote - and tell me so. :)"

I don't think I've ever read a fundie blogger more obviously full of herself.

"Thank you for commenting! It makes me smile to know that you enjoyed what I wrote - and tell me so. :)"

I know, right. :lol: You have to be full of yourself to claim that your words are actually God's. I don't think this special snowflake would last one day in the real world.

god-sdaughter.blogspotcom/2011/11/this-generation.html

In between brags about her godly new horse, Raquel takes time to complain about how people in her generation sit around and do nothing, aren't motivated. Kind of sounds like a lot of SAHDs who have scads of time to devote to sipping tea and navel gazing.

The weirdest part is that she makes some comment about how people should instead of singing karaoke should try to really sing or isntead of playing video games really try to become a pilot. And then at the end she gives the quote "Remember: Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic."

Doesn't that just contradict what she just said? durrr

I get what you're saying, but I think she is trying to tell teenagers that they can make a difference now and not wait until they are adults. She's trying equate teenagers with amateurs because they lack professional training at their age, and adults with professionals. I agree this isn't the best quote for her point, but I can see what she intended it to mean.

Actually, I'm going to disagree. Saying thanks to someone who enjoys something you've created or done and told you so seems courteous. When someone gives you a compliment, you tell them thanks. Getting compliments puts smiles on most people's faces because nearly all of us like to be noticed a little sometimes. This is especially true when we've worked hard to create something, though I don't think that really applies to blog posts. They aren't hard to create. Raquel is full of herself. That is quite obvious. Other things she writes definitely reflect that. She wants a blue-eyed child one day (though she has brown eyes-possible because genes are weird things, but not likely), to have someone she knows become famous, be mentioned in a book, to act in a movie, to make a music album and be in a music video. Not to mention riding into the sunset with her esposo.

My 15yo brother wants to be rock star, but knows that is mostly a dream so he plans to go to college and become an engineer. Raquel's thinking borders on that of a 12yo. I'm not saying she is stupid, because I don't think she is, but she has obviously been far too sheltered. He ideas of romance are far less mature than mine were at her age.

I was always raised to believe it is extrememly rude to ask for thanks. You don't do something and then demand praise, which is what she is doing.

I love how she complains about her peers wasting time on Facebook whilst she wastes time on a blog instead of actually doing something productive.

I wonder if she'll get married straight out of high school? She doesn't seem to have any other plans. Though she'd be too liberal for many fundies, as she dresses totally normally and is clearly very aware of mainstream popular culture. She has male friends and isn't chaperoned when she goes out it seems. She never talks about doing chores or reading the Bible or other fundy funtimes. Also she's the oldest girl of about six or seven children, and yet doesn't seem to suffer the typical SAHD fate of being mother to the younger ones.

It's rather odd, she's so 'normal' on the surface but once you get to know what she is like, she is actually super fundy.

I think she will get married as soon as she can find a guy who will do it. I get them impression that her parents spoil and cater to her every whim. Like the time a friend said Miss Raquel like a guy and it sent her into crying hysterics and she had her parents sit down and have a meeting with the friend's parents. And then blogged like this girl had committed a horrible sin. Most parents would have told her to just go talk to the girl and that it wasn't a big deal, but her parents encourage her childish behaviour.

I think she will get married as soon as she can find a guy who will do it. I get them impression that her parents spoil and cater to her every whim. Like the time a friend said Miss Raquel like a guy and it sent her into crying hysterics and she had her parents sit down and have a meeting with the friend's parents. And then blogged like this girl had committed a horrible sin. Most parents would have told her to just go talk to the girl and that it wasn't a big deal, but her parents encourage her childish behaviour.

Do you think she will be the new Lina? :lol: I think she'll be a terrible wife/mother if she doesn't grow up, as she only thinks about herself. She must spend a lot of time with her siblings in a big SOTDRT family and yet there's barely ever any pictures. I get the impression Miss Raquel doesn't really do much in the way of school.

I was always raised to believe it is extrememly rude to ask for thanks. You don't do something and then demand praise, which is what she is doing.

I guess I just read that differently, that was she saying thanks and not asking for it, but knowing this girl, she probably was asking for acknowledgement. She seems like the type and is quite full of herself. I agree: it is rude to expect a thanks or demand praise for doing something. Very rude, actually. But I see nothing wrong with telling commenters/reviewers thanks for liking your writing. I would tell them thanks and that I appreciated their thoughts, but I would leave it at that and not expect to get comments/reviews. Now, if she had said something like "I love comments! They make me smile so leave them! I love that you tell me how great my posts are!" or "Can I have 20 comments on this post telling me how much you liked it? Thanks!" Those are very, very rude. That sounds like you are begging for comments and expect them because you deserve to be noticed. Her ending of "I love that you tell me how good I am" comes off a bit rude, but I've seen worse.

This. I saw that post and thought the same thing. She's 17 and I think commenters asked her why she got her parents involved. This girl made a mountain out of a molehill. It sounded like a misunderstanding more than anything. And I think Raquel would marry the first available guy she can get and will likely find herself in a bad situation. She's extremely immature for her age and I worry that in her naivety she will be taken advantage of.

Actually, I'm going to disagree. Saying thanks to someone who enjoys something you've created or done and told you so seems courteous. When someone gives you a compliment, you tell them thanks. Getting compliments puts smiles on most people's faces because nearly all of us like to be noticed a little sometimes. This is especially true when we've worked hard to create something, though I don't think that really applies to blog posts. They aren't hard to create. Raquel is full of herself. That is quite obvious. Other things she writes definitely reflect that. She wants a blue-eyed child one day (though she has brown eyes-possible because genes are weird things, but not likely), to have someone she knows become famous, be mentioned in a book, to act in a movie, to make a music album and be in a music video. Not to mention riding into the sunset with her esposo.

My 15yo brother wants to be rock star, but knows that is mostly a dream so he plans to go to college and become an engineer. Raquel's thinking borders on that of a 12yo. I'm not saying she is stupid, because I don't think she is, but she has obviously been far too sheltered. He ideas of romance are far less mature than mine were at her age.

I'm not snarking on her for saying thank you, I'm snarking on her for assuming that every comment will be praising her and her writing and thanking people for that in advance.

Oh wait, I misread that. I thought she was telling people to tell her they liked her posts. I see now she is thanking people in advice for telling her they like her. So disregard that whole other post I wrote. LOl

I'm not snarking on her for saying thank you, I'm snarking on her for assuming that every comment will be praising her and her writing and thanking people for that in advance.

This we agree on. Now that I think about it, this girl, who expects everyone to praise her and wants to be famous and get a book published, does she know she will get criticism? Everyone won't like her book and that book of hers sounds ripe for criticism. Of course, I think she'd love the attention, even the negative fire. It would probably give her confirmation that she is doing something "right" because Christians are hated for their beliefs, yadayadayada... Of course this is assuming she could actually find an agent interested in her book at all.

Archived