IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 26: More and More and More

Coconut Flan

19 minutes ago, CatNap said:

Katie (Bates) and Travis Clark are having a boy. They uploaded the gender reveal.

After so many girls, the Bates have been on a major boy streak. 

• Upvote 8

On 5/9/2024 at 4:27 PM, theotherelise said:

She said she never had an anatomy scan, just midwife prenatal care. I am so good with qualified midwifery and support people having lower interventions when they can and want to. But there is just no good reason not to get one single ultrasound in this county in this age. She would probably qualify for medicaid for pregnant women. There are just so many things that can be understood through an anatomy scan so that you are as prepared as possible for birth and postnatal care. 

I could’ve sworn she knew she was having a girl? I guess it could’ve been because of a blood test, but I assumed it was an ultrasound.

• Upvote 2

Here’s part one of her story. Her dad is an OBGYN and she didn’t get anatomy scans? SMH….

7585EE71-3479-4F8F-9383-52E265EE8394.jpeg

C972F36B-B0A6-4841-88EC-E491923C5ACA.jpeg

• WTF 13

Her dad must have lost his mind. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 16

Just now, anjulibai said:

Her dad must have lost his mind. 

I think she came from a fairly mainstream family. None of them dress like they live in 1883. They are educated. Kelly seems to be the weird one in her family.

• Upvote 5

I just cannot handle the dumb-ass-ness.  She no doubt GREW UP hearing stories of trauma and goes the absolute opposite way of common flipping sense.  I have no idea who she is but know she is ridiculous.  

• Upvote 13

That is one dangerously incompetent midwife, if she just advised to lie down for a bit when having a massive bleed! And I can't imagine the horror (as a doctor) if a child of mine one day decided not to have any antenatal care at all and then blithly called to say their "midwife" advised they lie down for an hour while having a massive bleed. I'm not even an obstetrician.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

Fundy Fridays had a look at at Kelly Havens about a year ago and I haven’t had the heart to snark on her since. She’s treated this pregnancy and birth in a terrifyingly misinformed way and she and baby are lucky to have come out of it safely, but I think there’s some real issues at the roots of her behaviour. I just hope her current children and any future ones live safe, healthy lives. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Fundy Fridays had a look at at Kelly Havens about a year ago and I haven’t had the heart to snark on her since. She’s treated this pregnancy and birth in a terrifyingly misinformed way and she and baby are lucky to have come out of it safely, but I think there’s some real issues at the roots of her behaviour. I just hope her current children and any future ones live safe, healthy lives. 

I am not diagnosing anyone, but I think untreated mental health issues are rampant in the fundies we snark on. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I cut off the last couple of lines but it was nothing much. As you can see, Kelly still writes like an Anne Shirley wannabe. And she seems to always find a friend to glom onto but I swear these friendships eventually end. She’s like a love bomber. She has these intense friendships with women for like a year or so and then they seem to fade away and she finds another friend to love bomb. I guess Teri is the newest soul mate.

4E8B224E-DDB1-4048-985D-8BA31A94A6BC.jpeg

• Rufus Bless 3
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 3

Loveday and Lovestar? Her friend was planning to hold her and brush her hair during labor? In another context, this would sound like a same-sex couple, not an intense female friendship. 

I’ve done my best to avoid following her, even though several of the Facebook snark groups talk about her endlessly. I just can’t with the glorification of the 19th century and the many brooding earth mama photos. But this whole birth story is too ludicrous and scary not to follow. 

• Upvote 13

19 minutes ago, postscript said:

Loveday and Lovestar? Her friend was planning to hold her and brush her hair during labor? In another context, this would sound like a same-sex couple, not an intense female friendship. 

I’ve done my best to avoid following her, even though several of the Facebook snark groups talk about her endlessly. I just can’t with the glorification of the 19th century and the many brooding earth mama photos. But this whole birth story is too ludicrous and scary not to follow. 

She’s always been looking for her Diana Berry. Her bosom friend. I swear she cosplays Anne of Green Gables in order to escape her life. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

Changing subject do you think we will see any pregnancy or birth announce today for mother's day?

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Changing subject do you think we will see any pregnancy or birth announce today for mother's day?

Oh yes there’s always at least one fundie every year to announce! Maybe someone will also announce a birth. Like Tori Bates. Who has been pregnant for a long time. But probably hasn’t wanted to announce yet. 

• Upvote 2

So many possibilities!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lawson and Tiffany posted their gender reveal today. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a pregnancy announcement from Kaylee. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, postscript said:

So many possibilities!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lawson and Tiffany posted their gender reveal today. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a pregnancy announcement from Kaylee. 

Please not Kaylee let her wait a little bit more before having #2. Gideon is still so little and after his traumatic birth he needs all the time he can have as a single child (since we are talking about fundies) 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Please not Kaylee let her wait a little bit more before having #2. Gideon is still so little and after his traumatic birth he needs all the time he can have as a single child (since we are talking about fundies) 

Thankfully Kaylee is always looking like her trim self so if she is pregnant, it’s very early. Like just peed the stick early. 

• Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

The Mothers Day pregnancy announcement is Kristin Baird Clark of girl defined. She’s had infertility for over a decade and two miscarriages. She adopted to older boys from Ukraine. Now she is pregnant with a miracle baby and due next month. I truly hope those boys are not suddenly ignored and replaced by a biological miracle baby. Because I could see that happening. Especially if it’s a girl. 

It will probably be a C name since they renamed their adopted children Caleb and Christian. Even though they were older when adopted and definitely know their names. Probably something like Chloe or Calvin.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 15

On 5/11/2024 at 1:35 AM, Katzchen24 said:

I’m curious to watch this now because I don’t pay much attention to Kelly Havens even though she’s always all over Reddit, but this birth story is really next level horror. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Part 4: the last sentence cut off is then came the surprise. The doctors were not aloof. They were focusing on their jobs. Because they know it’s life or death. And they want to get you into surgery sooner rather than later. They don’t know you like your perfect soulmate loveday. 🙄

22C998DC-034A-4779-9D1A-89AEE338FC3F.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Part 5: Only a Christian Doctor can understand her 🙄

B4281186-FD1B-463E-80ED-892077A11C6C.jpeg

• Upvote 1

That doctor must be out of her mind!!! If she doesn't care about her patients safety, what about the possibility of getting sued if something goes wrong? These people do have such "lovely" double standards: If it goes well - it was God's doing, if it goes wrong - the doctor made a mistake. How about it was God both times? Giving people a free will - here is the help you might need - if you don't take it - hard luck... 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I don’t think Kelly is a totally reliable narrator. So I think there are some things that might be off in this story. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 12