IGNORED

The Holts lost custody of 3 minor children

JermajestyDuggar

• JermajestyDuggar changed the title to The Holts lost custody of 3 minor children

Not going to read the Reddit link, but it's important to know that the 17 year old daughter is in permanent custody of Spencer. The boys are in temporary custody at the moment. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 6

33 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Not going to read the Reddit link, but it's important to know that the 17 year old daughter is in permanent custody of Spencer. The boys are in temporary custody at the moment. 

Yeah it’s weird they just let her go and didn’t fight it. Maybe because she’s 17 and she may turn 18 soon. So what’s the point. While the other two are like 12 and 7/8.

• Upvote 7

Wow. Given the conservative nature of Arkansas family courts…Just, wow.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

How awful for those kids. Hopefully they can now have a much better life

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

Isn't Jim and Bobye Separated too? I know ow bobye got a protection order out on him same with one of the sons

• Upvote 4

On 3/1/2024 at 10:03 PM, RebeccaRay said:

Isn't Jim and Bobye Separated too? I know ow bobye got a protection order out on him same with one of the sons

In the Reddit post from above, it says, "Last year, we all heard about how Bobye Holt and her son Samuel both got restraining orders against Jim Holt. Bobye would later dismiss her restraining order and reconciled with her husband Jim (she was being "counseled" by four men). However, Samuel Holt has maintained his restraining order against his father Jim."

So, if the Redditor is correct, they have reconciled. 

Edited by Destiny
Remove formatting that made this difficult to read on dark themes.
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 6

I get the S Holt boys a bit mixed up but I think Spencer is married and has a kid of his own. So if he has custody, he already basically has a family unit for the siblings to come into. Stefan is divorced and I think Samuel was unmarried last I saw. Kaeleigh Holt has like 5 kids of her own. So her hands might be too full to take in her siblings. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

I try not to judge when it comes to family situations because things are complicated and you never know what's below the surface. BUT... I can't imagine reconciling with my spouse who I knew was abusing our children and then continuing to choose my spouse as I lost custody of those children. Cult, brainwashing, I know, but forgiving my spouse over protecting my children is just unfathomable.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 14

4 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

I try not to judge when it comes to family situations because things are complicated and you never know what's below the surface. BUT... I can't imagine reconciling with my spouse who I knew was abusing our children and then continuing to choose my spouse as I lost custody of those children. Cult, brainwashing, I know, but forgiving my spouse over protecting my children is just unfathomable.

Yes, I imagine she received “Christian counseling” that pushed her to take Jim back. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 19

10 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Isn't that the fundie party line though? Husband comes first in everything and the kids get the scraps. I do wonder what life has been like for her since testifying against Josh.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

8 minutes ago, MariaariaM said:

I do wonder what life has been like for her since testifying against Josh.

I was thinking thinking about this, too. Has JB spent the last couple years interfering in Bobye's life via the men who were "counseling" her? JB strikes me as someone who would absolutely use others to bully her into subservience - to the point of losing custody of her children. 

I'm confident in saying Jim Holt is an abuser independent of any behind the scenes powertripping from JB. But I can't help wonder if JB had some role to play, even if it's seemingly minor. 

• Upvote 20

8 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I was thinking thinking about this, too. Has JB spent the last couple years interfering in Bobye's life via the men who were "counseling" her? JB strikes me as someone who would absolutely use others to bully her into subservience - to the point of losing custody of her children. 

I'm confident in saying Jim Holt is an abuser independent of any behind the scenes powertripping from JB. But I can't help wonder if JB had some role to play, even if it's seemingly minor. 

I actually got the impression that JB and Jim are no longer close. There are plenty of other fundie men around Arkansas to guilt her into staying with Jim.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Can someone give me a run down of the family? How many kids and who is married?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Can someone give me a run down of the family? How many kids and who is married?

I’ll do my best. They have 6 boys and 5 girls. The children are extremely spread out. The oldest and youngest are 20 something years apart. The last three children that are underage are 4/5 years apart. The youngest Scottlen was born when Bobye was 47. The boys all have S names and the girls all have K names. The oldest son Stefan married a Millsap (they are also friends with the Duggars), had one daughter, and divorced. He hasn’t remarried. The only older daughter who has married is Kaeleigh. She married Rob Tull and has 5 kids. The other sisters would be considered old maids by fundies standards but seem uninterested in marriage. I always wondered about that. They would often share things on social media about hurtful or harmful people in your life. I now imagine they were about Jim. They hardly ever seem to visit their parents’ home. Some are good friends with the Neidnagels. Spencer is the only other one married. If you look at the family pic from his wedding, Stefan, Kaeleigh, and 2 of the other oldest sisters are missing. His wedding was less than 2 years ago and I think they have a baby daughter. He’s the one getting custody of the 3 youngest. Samuel is the one with the restraining order. He’s early 20s. 

All of the Holts went silent on social media when the restraining orders happened. 

Kaeleigh, Stefan, Kristian, Karessa, Kearah, Spencer, Samuel, Kharis, Seth, Scottlen. 

I am missing one boy name and I think it’s Silas. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 26

Isn't Kaeleigh the one who was courting Josh as he was molesting his sisters? The Holts were told about what he was doing, called it off, then changed their minds and let Josh live them (and their minor children) for a while while Jim Holt was campaigning for political office.  Josh F'd up and they kicked him out.

But they let Josh stay in a house with their own minor children knowing full well what he'd done to his sisters.

Did Not report to the police, but went to court pretending to not have any responsibility in the whole S£*t show.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

Looks like Reddit took down the initial post.

Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/DuggarsSnark.

The replies seem to all still be there, though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

54 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Looks like Reddit took down the initial post.

The replies seem to all still be there, though. 

I was about to say the same thing. What did it say? And why would the mods there take it down?

ETA comments are fermenting KJ, which I assume must be Pickles and Hairspray. Which, yeah, unreliable. So is this true or not, I wonder?

Edited by Jasmar
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jasmar said:

ETA comments are fermenting KJ, which I assume must be Pickles and Hairspray. Which, yeah, unreliable. So is this true or not, I wonder?

I always get mixed up. KJ is for Katie Joy, I think. But I can never keep track if that's Pickles or WOACB (without a crystal ball). I think I need a spreadsheet! :pb_lol:

• Upvote 3

I saw reference over there to she who will not be named (no pickles or whoever the other one is).  WWJC is correct on the tie between acronyms.  

i also saw people panning reference to she who will not be named.  

• Thank You 1

I think the Redditor who made the original post has reposted it with the names of minors now redacted on the screnshot of the legal document. So maybe that was why r/DuggarSnark moderators removed the original post. Here's the new post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FundieSnarkUncensored/comments/1b50wl2/jim_and_bobye_holt_have_lost_custody_of_minor/

This one is in the FundieSnarkUncensored subreddit instead. I really don't know enough about Reddit to know if that matters. 

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
Added bit
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

The original was removed from r/fundiesnark because they currently consider Holt posts thread drift. I secretly hope Bobye only went back to Jim because he used the minor kids to pressure her and now that they're out she can leave again as well. Let that dude rot alone.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

4 minutes ago, MariaariaM said:

The original was removed from r/fundiesnark because they currently consider Holt posts thread drift. I secretly hope Bobye only went back to Jim because he used the minor kids to pressure her and now that they're out she can leave again as well. Let that dude rot alone.

Just imagine losing your kids to one of your other kids because you went back to their dad. It has to be a real mind fuck for her. And I do hope that eventually she sees that going back to him is the worst decision for her and she will be happier and healthier divorced. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just imagine losing your kids to one of your other kids because you went back to their dad.

Just imagine a court certifying that there is a “history and continued pattern of abuse” in your household that is “an imminent threat to the health and safety” of your children. I wonder if that’s a eye opener or only makes fundies double down and scream persecution?

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2