IGNORED

Theobros, Patriarchs, Dominionists, Christofascists et al.

Howl

John “all women submit to all men” MacArthur just keeps rolling down the hill. I wonder how many years it will be until enough of these stories pile up and not even his unquestioning lackies can look away. 

https://julieroys.com/john-macarthur-covered-up-pastor-sexual-abuse-witnesses-say/?fbclid=IwAR08daJ1lZX3yIi_iHAIIp5N3S4cf0gX_938jQxKafnXMTkc9Z5tXHwnLKc

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Columbia said:

John “all women submit to all men” MacArthur just keeps rolling down the hill. I wonder how many years it will be until enough of these stories pile up and not even his unquestioning lackies can look away. 

https://julieroys.com/john-macarthur-covered-up-pastor-sexual-abuse-witnesses-say/?fbclid=IwAR08daJ1lZX3yIi_iHAIIp5N3S4cf0gX_938jQxKafnXMTkc9Z5tXHwnLKc

How I wish I were surprised by this. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, Giraffe said:

How I wish I were surprised by this. 

The only thing that will surprise me is if he faces some accountability for everything he’s done in his lifetime, instead of dying a hero like Ravi Zacharias. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Howl said:

Chrissy Stroop:  

The Christian Right won’t let us solve our mass shooting epidemic   The Republican party has a white Christian nationalist vision for the US, and is stopping solutions to gun violence

She is absolutely correct and I don't see how we're going to turn things around.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Columbia said:

Apparently there’s absolutely nothing that can be done. 

Yes, there are laws and laws, but at least in my state, they are being dismantled.  In Texas, a person can now open carry a fire arm with no permit and no training.  Yes, there are background checks but not if you are buying over the internet or at a gun show.  Yes, an 18-year-old can buy a rifle, including an assault rifle, but not a hand gun.  There are many police who are against these relaxed laws, because it so obviously puts them in danger. 

Not all states have red flag laws and those that do each have their own guidelines on enforcing them. 

So don't give me this bull shit that nothing more can be done.  Bethel is an idiotic twunt and that article is bullshit.  She lists laws in this state and that, a law here and there.  She doesn't make the point that in many of those states, those laws (common sense gun laws) are effective, as demonstrated by statistics.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Bethel is an idiotic twunt and that article is bullshit.

Concur. What would really help is a federal law mandating things like universal background checks, minimally, or the kinds of requirements that are *completely normal* for owning a motor vehicle: demonstrated competence in operating the vehicle; licensing; insurance for every vehicle; age limits or restrictions based on vision or other tests.

I'd prefer a total ban on semi-automatic weapons which have no place in the civilian world followed by confiscation or buy backs but just having gun ownership treated like owning motor vehicles, and requiring that in all states, would be a good start.

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Bethel is an idiotic twunt and that article is bullshit.

I have her pegged to be the next Megan Basham or Allie Beth Stuckey within about five years. She’s honing that “damn your facts and figures” conservative intellectual spiel. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

The Bethel article is really upsetting.

Basically she side swipes the mental health industry for not having values (which is to say, she misunderstands and misappropriates the James Mumford article).

Then she exalts a pastor. But oops. He died of covid.

And oh, by the way, she knows how to teach math to rural boys. Especially if they have a dad in the home.

She just does not want gun laws.

As Meatloaf sang....I would do anything for love, but I won't do THAT.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

Both of them have divorced their first spouse while making huge accusations against the ex. They both pretend to be the perfect spouse in their first marriages. They both are attention whores. They both hate so many people. And they both never shut the fuck up. They are like two peas in a rotten pod. 

961A0E51-714E-4C5C-BCEC-286A725F4E04.jpeg

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 7

I watched a few minutes of some footage of Locke preaching  in an insane screaming frothing hate-filled white-hot raging rant against voting for a Democrat, any Democrat. I think it was posted on another thread.

It was scary, literally scary -- so scary I had to stop watching.  It was not normal.  It was as though he was *possessed* 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Howl said:

I watched a few minutes of some footage of Locke preaching  in an insane screaming frothing hate-filled white-hot raging rant against voting for a Democrat, any Democrat. I think it was posted on another thread.

It was scary, literally scary -- so scary I had to stop watching.  It was not normal.  It was as though he was *possessed* 

Which is interesting since he loves to call people witches. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There were strong demonic possession vibes...

• I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Howl said:

There were strong demonic possession vibes...

I wonder if his parishioners that believe in demonic possession ever secretly think that about his behavior. Of course they would never say it because then he would accuse them of being a demon or witch. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Howl said:

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This dude: Insane ranting and screaming, preaching hate, rageful and ranting to the point people wonder if he might not be possessed by a demon.

Actual witches:  Do no harm, everything you put out comes back to you multiplied! Oh, look at this interesting stick I found walking through the forest yesterday! Did I show you my new crystal? I'm going to go meditate and watch the sun rise on the solstice, then have homemade lavender lemon cookies and lemonade with local honey, want to come?

This dude: Witches are EEEEEVIL!

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

TAM has been begging for money lately. So I guess at Greg’s service with her they raised money for her. What a fucking joke. She lives in an enormous fucking house with a yard large enough for a horse. Yes there’s a horse in their back yard. And at least 3 of her kids are grown. I think 4 actually are 18 and up. Plus she has an ex who is a doctor so I’m sure she gets plenty of child support. She’s such a scam artist along with Locke. It’s disgusting. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

TAM has been begging for money lately. So I guess at Greg’s service with her they raised money for her. What a fucking joke. She lives in an enormous fucking house with a yard large enough for a horse. Yes there’s a horse in their back yard. And at least 3 of her kids are grown. I think 4 actually are 18 and up. Plus she has an ex who is a doctor so I’m sure she gets plenty of child support. She’s such a scam artist along with Locke. It’s disgusting. 

Household staff doesn't come cheap, ya know!  And vet bills for a HORSE?  My goodness.  And do you people not understand the tax bill for an ESTATE?  Good grief! I have three words for y'all: High burn rate. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

I couldn’t find a thread for John MacArthur, though he certainly deserves his own - pastor of Grace Community, founded Master’s Seminary, fighter against social justice, guarded of Right TheologyTM. And (not sure why fundies seem totally unbothered by the arrogance of this ), he has his own trademarked Bible!

He has been getting press lately for abuse coverups and a past sermon where he publicly shamed a woman from the pulpit for not returning to her abusive pedophile husband. Also, in totally unforeseen news, he thinks slavery wasn’t that bad. 

screenshots here: 

Spoiler

11D444CC-69E8-4DD1-8788-D96F4D444315.thumb.png.de78d1dc3f1cbb408de4553e0eec1c4b.png2D4E52ED-A72F-426C-AD00-FC9090AAF94B.thumb.png.40fad047795e8a3962c7e5f695b54eee.png

It’s interesting to me that he says we don’t throw out the institution of marriage or parenting b/c of abuse so why do that with slavery. First, 🤮🤬 Second, this is so revealing to the fundie worldview that perceives wives and children as essentially slaves to a benevolent patriarch. At least they have husbands kind of view. 

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 2

Lauren Hough lays out the dangers of Christofascism/Dominionism better than almost anyone else. This is a damn 4-alarm fire.  I was thinking today that  Christofascist SCOTUS is burning it all down and returning it all to the states, who will have no stops on whatever draconian measures they want to implement. If enough reich-wing states get total control, they could pull off a constitutional convention and rewrite a constitution that ends the democratic country that we know forever. 

Jesus is coming, if they can burn us fast enough

If you think this take is extreme, remind yourself that Christofascist SCOTUS just took control of the bodies and autonomy of half the population, and more than that when you consider that in some states it will imprison physicians and anyone who helps a woman obtain an abortion. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, Howl said:

I was thinking today that  Christofascist SCOTUS is burning it all down and returning it all to the states, who will have no stops on whatever draconian measures they want to implement. If enough reich-wing states get total control, they could pull off a constitutional convention and rewrite a constitution that ends the democratic country that we know forever. 

I am deeply frightened for your country, and the future of democracy there. There's not much I can do from here, apart from cheer on everyone fighting the good fight leading up to the midterms. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

On 6/24/2022 at 7:21 AM, neuroticcat said:

It’s interesting to me that he says we don’t throw out the institution of marriage or parenting b/c of abuse so why do that with slavery

The tweet that "they always see themselves as the masters, never the slave" is spot on. They have such limited imaginations and empathy.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I am deeply frightened for your country, and the future of democracy there.

I'm live here and I'm more terrified in this moment for my country than even during the Trump years.  I think it's because during the horrible Trump years there was a possible end in sight when Trump was voted out of office.

Biden is in office now, and I think he's doing a good job in general, although there are huge forces and money being put forward to make him seem a failure. 

Manchin and Sinema have destroyed Democratic hopes to put forth an excellent progressive agenda. It's infuriating. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

Just wait until 2023 when SCOTUS will decide Moore v Harper, that could put the final nail in the coffin of American "democracy".

https://www.businessinsider.com/what-is-moore-v-harper-supreme-court-case-voting-rights-2022-7

Aside from eliminating state courts' oversight of elections and granting a free pass to gerrymander even harder than they currently do, state legislatures would be able to choose to just ignore the outcome of the federal elections held in their states and just grant electoral college electors to whichever candidate they choose.  So if you have a state that voted for a Dem president, but their legislature is Republican-led (in 2020 this would have included Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan - and would have changed the outcome of that election) that legislature can just say "F you guys, our electoral votes are all going to the Republican no matter how you voted". 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6