IGNORED

Oh, Goddess! I Think I'm Related to the Bateses

SnarkyLawyer

Couldn't figure out how to start a new topic under, Geneology. Please, tell me how to move it. Bottom line: I'm an avid, amateur genealogist, and I have an entire line of Bates, from the Missouri Ozarks area that were very Christian Fundamentalist, to the point that they didn't believe women should read. My Great Grandma rebelled, and married a damn Quaker. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 8:57 PM, SnarkyLawyer said:

Couldn't figure out how to start a new topic under, Geneology. Please, tell me how to move it. Bottom line: I'm an avid, amateur genealogist, and I have an entire line of Bates, from the Missouri Ozarks area that were very Christian Fundamentalist, to the point that they didn't believe women should read. My Great Grandma rebelled, and married a damn Quaker. 

I'm Bontrager adjacent from PA Dutch early migration!  My people dropped the Mennonite thing first generation after the patriarch was a minister, so apparently I'm of heathen stock from way back.  Also have people in the Missouri Ozarks - mostly Laclede county.  

Do you share a common ancestor with them?

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Oh, Goddess! I Think I'm Related to the Bateses

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.