IGNORED

Rachel Hollis Controversy

Bluebirdbluebell

I try very hard not to put any public figure on a pedestal. We are all flawed. Some more than others. I like Kamala Harris but I refuse to put her on a pedestal and act like she’s perfection personified. She’s not. She will make mistakes just like other VPs. But I voted for Biden and Harris because I think they will do things that will make this country better. Not because I fangirl either of them. If I put them on a pedestal, I’m setting myself up for disappointment. I’ve also found that once you put someone on a pedestal, you will defend them even when they are Fucking up royally. It clouds your judgment. 
In all honesty: This right here is the key difference between MAGA Trump supporters and *everyone* else.

There's no human on Earth — no politician, celebrity, guru, friend or family member — to whom I'd pledge 100% unconditional support for all time.

I liked Obama a lot, but he wasn't infallible. My hatred for Trump was about TRUMP, not about Hillary (whom I didn't like in the first place). Yet Trump supporters always accused me of blind alligance to Obama and Hillary because of their blind allegiance to Trump.

I've been voting since Dukakis and can remember back to Nixon. Never has any US President enjoyed the cultic following Trump did. And multiple surveys confirmed this: When asked if there was ANYTHING Trump could do to lose their support, a large percentage of Trump supporters said "No."

That shouldn't be a shock, since they elected him after he bragged that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and not lose their support. But it was a shock anyway, because normal people don't think like this.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's awful - their poor kids. 

Also Rachel talking on and on in her book about the terrible "addict" bio parents of the kid/s they were fostering and also talking about how she was abusing alcohol at the same time and now Dave is dead from a mix of cocaine, fentanyl and alcohol, but I guess that's okay because they're white.

• Upvote 6