IGNORED

Random San-morton thoughts

PBrooke

There have been a lot of updates on the Sanders and Morton blogs recently. These thoughts don't really fit into the existing threads, but no one else reads fundie blogs so I felt the need to share.

*I'm beginning to think Darth is what physical therapists call "low-tone." That is, lacking in core muscle strength. It's been noted that she's often hanging onto Noah; beyond that, she's often laying sideways on a couch, or slumped on a kitchen counter. In the most recent post she's sitting at the dining room table with her feet drawn up on the chair and her legs braced up against the table. She's been doing this since before the baby.

*Abbi and Mama S. took a trip to Seattle together. Most of it was helping out some other girl with a lot of babies, but I found it interesting that in one photo Abbi listed the number of children vs "three adults." It was somewhat heartening to see that she didn't consider herself one of the adults. I also wonder how she felt, with so much one-on-one and alone time. I don't know that she'll pack up and head off to college, but I've got hopes that these girls will continue to relax as they grow older. If they can find a like-minded guy, I think it's already pretty likely that they'll at least live like LL as opposed to the Mortons - the differences are mostly window-dressing, I know, but they at least involve watching modern TV and listening to modern pop music. Baby steps.

*The Morton blog is updated, but they're continuing "in order," so it's from the summer. Looks like the woman from Africa stayed with them for a little while. Unclear if it was an exchange program or what. This also means that the Mortons know more than one family of color. This actually surprises me.

*LL is pregnant again, and it's possible her uterus is weak from having so many pregnancies in such a short amount of time (insert joke here). Honestly, I'd be willing to bet it was weakened more from having twins, followed by the subsequent ones, but that's just my non-medical opinion. Anyway, I'm curious as to what this means for the future. Is she willing to prevent future conception?

lol! Well, there's nothing wrong with being low-tone - I think most of the women in my family are. I'm just beginning to wonder if she's less clingy and more... tired.

EDIT: Do you really always sit like she is, on a chair? I mean, with your knees up so that you could put your chin on your knees if you wanted to? That doesn't seem very comfortable to me.

EDIT: Do you really always sit like she is, on a chair? I mean, with your knees up so that you could put your chin on your knees if you wanted to? That doesn't seem very comfortable to me.

Very much so. In my defense I'm really tall and thin, but yeah, I've always sat like that. Even sometimes (okay, oftentimes) while eating. :oops:

To get back on track- I find it interesting how all Morton boys, married or soon to be, have chosen similar looking girls for mates. Lise could easily pass for another Smith sister.

Has anyone made the observation that in the S's photos, D is never holding her baby? That seems strange to me as when my first was an infant, you had to pry her out of my arms-I was so taken with her I never wanted to put her down. I'm sure it's just because the pics are always taken in the family home where there are so many people around wanting to hold him , she probably gets a lot of baby-holding time in her own apartment. I hope, at least. I can never decide if she looks happy. She always looks sort of blah, for a lack of a better word.

I LOVE the trip pics. I've been to all the places they went (including the Tillamook cheese factory) and have such amazing memories from the Pacific Northwest. It looked like a fun trip. I have a feeling that Mama S is a fun lady to be around. She isn't dull like so many fundie wives/mothers.

I LOVE the trip pics. I've been to all the places they went (including the Tillamook cheese factory) and have such amazing memories from the Pacific Northwest. It looked like a fun trip. I have a feeling that Mama S is a fun lady to be around. She isn't dull like so many fundie wives/mothers.

I found it really weird to see this royal-fundies in my neighborhoods~! Not so much Seattle, but the Oregon Coast and Mt. Hood!

Has anyone made the observation that in the S's photos, D is never holding her baby? That seems strange to me as when my first was an infant, you had to pry her out of my arms-I was so taken with her I never wanted to put her down. I'm sure it's just because the pics are always taken in the family home where there are so many people around wanting to hold him , she probably gets a lot of baby-holding time in her own apartment. I hope, at least. I can never decide if she looks happy. She always looks sort of blah, for a lack of a better word.

I have noticed that, but yeah, I assumed that with so many willing arms, she's probably giving her own a rest. The "visiting while cooking" picture makes me wonder just how often she really goes over there, or if she's been spending time alone with her new family.

Oh, random thought I forgot: the latest Morton post, with pics from August, has a few shots of Katie. She looks pretty pregnant there, but maybe not 8 months pregnant. Hard to tell, as we learned with Darth.

So, the Smiths have been advertising a father-daughter retreat for months. Originally they had a fall date scheduled, then it was tb. Apparently all that was to no avail and they've changed it to a "family ball," set for November. I'm amused, because the picture in their ad is obviously from one of the Morton balls. I wonder if this means there will be no New Years Ball this year? Adeline mentioned that last year's felt "different." Anyway, you can see the ad at e6-4.com, and click on the "store" link at the top.

Archived