IGNORED

Are Lyndsie and Daniel Getting Another Baby?

emmiedahl

She selling more clothes than I own.

About adopting from foster care: I don't think she is healthy enough for that. And even if she could, she only wants a healthy white infant. You might not get that through foster care.

I wonder if Lyndsie would pursue a private adoption in which there were potential special needs. My youngest sister was severely drug exposed in utero. We were prepared for the worst, but she came out unscathed. She is healthier and more neurotypical than most of my bio-siblings!

eta: we did not even know what race she would be! The birth mother was a prostitute.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She selling more clothes than I own.

About adopting from foster care: I don't think she is healthy enough for that. And even if she could, she only wants a healthy white infant. You might not get that through foster care.

I wonder if Lyndsie would pursue a private adoption in which there were potential special needs. My youngest sister was severely drug exposed in utero. We were prepared for the worst, but she came out unscathed. She is healthier and more neurotypical than most of my bio-siblings!

eta: we did not even know what race she would be! The birth mother was a prostitute.

I don't think Lyndsie and Daniel would ever put themselves in a situation where there could be potential special needs. If they do meet the qualifications for fostering to adopt, they probably wouldn't get involved.

I think she's being a bit cheeky with one of the shirts.

Fifth row from the bottom, in the middle is a white shirt. It says 'White shirt from Target; $6 shipped'. Now I am in the UK and we don't have Target here any more. But from what I have gathered Target sell similar priced items to Walmart which we do have. If you take a close look at that shirt it has yellow sweat stains under the armpits. So to me $6 for a used, sweat stained, white T-shirt from Target is taking the piss a little. You could get a cleaner and in better condition, better quality shirt from most charity shops.

You could probably get the same price, brand new at Target if you watched the sales racks a bit.

Heck, I got a really cute long-sleeved knit top last night at Macy's for $7. It was already on clearance for $9.99 and I had 20% off coupon.

From my understanding, "Gotcha" day is a really callous and disrespectful way to refer to a day that, while joyous for the adoptive family, is tragic for the birth family. It's the day their parental ties were severed and they became legal strangers to their flesh and blood. To celebrate that day- and with a name like "Gotcha" -like you're playing capture the flag, is self-centered and, to me at least, seems to diminish a child's birth family to being a merely borrowed womb and genetic material.

I have no opinion about "Gotcha Day" one way or another, but I do know that the bolded statement is not always true. For instance, a foster child who is free for adoption may have lost their legal ties to their first family months or years before they unite with their adoptive family. So, in that case, the "Gotcha Day" is the day that a child who has no legal family is united with a family who wants to adopt them, which depending on your viewpoint may or may not make the term more acceptable.

Once more, I feel compelled to point out that Every. Single. Picture. of Lyndsie's face looks the same, as if a single shot of that rigid pageant smile were Photoshopped onto every pic on her blogs.

Maybe if she didn't spend money on endless material possessions, she would be able to adopt without begging.

Others are entitled to their own opinions, of course, but I find it classless, especially if you live in a McMansion, to ask for others to pay for your adoption. Have a church bakesale? Sure. Ask family to help, fine. But, seriously, if you cannot afford to adopt, I have to wonder if you can afford the child. I didn't go into my several adoption attempts expecting it to be easy (I was single when I started), or cheap, but I also knew if I wanted it to happen, I had to not buy designer clothes, diamond rings, and a gigantic house. I could have bought a car and put a chunk down payment on a great farmhouse for what I've paid, but it was all worth it.

We don't have a "Gotcha" day, but we did give our daughter a ring at our wedding. Of course, I don't care how her birth mother feels, after what she did to my daughter.

I think Lyndsie selling clothes might be an indication that she and Daniel may not be able to afford a child and other expenses on one income. They could be struggling right now and selling things is probably one of the solutions to alleviating their financial problems. Also Daniel works for a military base and there is always possibility of him losing his job. Several years ago, an Air Force base in my city cut about 100 civilian jobs.

It is possible for families in some places to survive on one income if they aren't too much into having designer clothes or expensive stuff. Before Lyndsie shut her blog down she was claiming to only be shopping at TJ Maxx, Target and thrift stores, but maybe that doesn't help them too much.

I think it is probably more likely that she is tired of last season's Ralph Lauren and wants new stuff. There are better ways to make money.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if pre-Ethan, Lyndsie's 'occupation' was shopping. Going on the stuff she is trying to sell, she must have reams and reams of stuff. It's all recent stuff too, none of it looks as though it is more than a couple of seasons ago at the most. Really, who needs that many clothes?

Help me out here. What happens if you bathe a baby boy in a pink bathtub? Must be something terrible.

He turns out transgendered. :o

The whole registry thing is baffling. The little girl would have been born so long ago that it could not possibly be for her, not with such a recent event date. According to this registry http://www.buybuybaby.com/regGiftRegist ... 213586211& It was due last November. But they are not the types to buy a pink bathtub for a boy, and he arrived so long ago that all of the newborn stuff does not really make sense.

I wonder if Lyndsie and Daniel forgot about that registry. I also recall that some of their relatives even gave them newborn clothes when they first announced that AA/Stella's mom choose them. I wonder if they sold that stuff. L&D's families both jumped the gun too soon last year by giving gifts right away. Lyndsie's mom gave some monogrammed gift.

I just found a pink bathtub on the bought section though. Weird. That couldn't be for their son? Last name is Brooker.

I do remember the pink bathtub as something for the adoption, of a little girl, that fell through. She mentioned that when they got Ethan, Daniel was not happy about bathing him in the pink bathtub.

Guest Anonymous

I do remember the pink bathtub as something for the adoption, of a little girl, that fell through. She mentioned that when they got Ethan, Daniel was not happy about bathing him in the pink bathtub.

Yet he's obviously totally cool with wearing pink polo shirts and pink plaid shorts. WTF? Pink shit seems to be okay with him if it says "Ralph Lauren" on it.

Yet he's obviously totally cool with wearing pink polo shirts and pink plaid shorts. WTF? Pink shit seems to be okay with him if it says "Ralph Lauren" on it.

lol. I remember Daniel wearing a pink Polo shirt in a few pics and I wore a pink dress shirt in that pic with AA's sonogram.

So maybe this has been said, but I'm too tired (read lazy) to go back and check the whole thread.

Why can't she use stuff that she used for the first baby. I mean, really a girl baby is not going to give a flying rats patootie if she bathes her in a BLUE bathtub.

I have a son right now. If I'm pregnant and I'm having a girl, she'll have the same bathtub, crib and to some extent clothing that my son had. (lots of it is relatively gender neutral, but with everyone assuming my little boy is a girl, then obviously its not

Archived