IGNORED

Are Lyndsie and Daniel Getting Another Baby?

emmiedahl

I google her occasionally because I just know she'll be back to her exhibitionist ways. This time I found this: http://www.toysrus.com/registry/search/ ... 11A73DFDDC The "event" is 9/17/2011.

My thought at first is that it was for the adoption that fell through, but this includes boy stuff and a lot of it was bought for them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found a pink bathtub on the bought section though. Weird. That couldn't be for their son? Last name is Brooker.

It's possible that they had a shower or "welcome party" for Ethan (although I don't get the pink bathtub... wouldn't a PINK tub compromise a boy baby's manliness?). I will seriously roll my eyes if they've managed to arrange another adoption already. Like I said ad nauseum on other threads about them, there are people who wait years to adopt a baby, and they were flipping out about being baby-less after less than a year.

Okay, sorry to keep posting on my own topic, but she is having a FB yard sale and it is like all Ralph Lauren. There are a few brand new baby things that she was probably given for her baby and is too cheap to regift. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 887&type=1

eta: her email at the bottom suggests that there is another adoption.

I just found a pink bathtub on the bought section though. Weird. That couldn't be for their son? Last name is Brooker.

Could that be left over from the "Aubrey Ann" days? I remember that ill-advised premature shower, months before the baby they hoped to adopt was even born.

I don't follow them, but it's usually several months before an adoption becomes finalized (legally - depends on the state). Could 9/17 be the date the adoption was official?

Could that be left over from the "Aubrey Ann" days? I remember that ill-advised premature shower, months before the baby they hoped to adopt was even born.

I also think the pink bathtub could be from the ill-advised premature shower. I remember seeing the pics of that shower and I thought it was way too early for L&D's parents, relatives and friends to be giving gifts.

I look occasionally at the FB page they set up for their blog. On October 5 Lyndsie posted "Missing my blog and all of my blogging friends today!"

My first thought was, "I bet they want another kid and are going to open the blog because of that."

A bunch of people commented that they miss her blog sooo much and want her to reopen it. Lynsdie commented back "I've been praying that one day we will be able to open the blog back up!" What's stopping her? Is it because that poster who said she was Aubrey Ann's birth mother came to our old board and dished dirt about the adoption failure?

It's possible that they had a shower or "welcome party" for Ethan (although I don't get the pink bathtub... wouldn't a PINK tub compromise a boy baby's manliness?). I will seriously roll my eyes if they've managed to arrange another adoption already. Like I said ad nauseum on other threads about them, there are people who wait years to adopt a baby, and they were flipping out about being baby-less after less than a year.

I'm thinking it is probably a shower or welcoming party for Ethan. I have known a few couples who have had parties and showers after adopting. I'm looking at their hoping to adopt fb page and there is nothing on there to indicate that another adoption is happening. Lyndsie is using that page to try and sell Mary Kay stuff and people that are also in the adoption process are communicating with them.

L&D will probably try to adopt again. She implied on the blog about adopting more than one child. L&D both annoyed me with their entitled attitudes and they pretty much lucked out adopting this little boy however they did it. I think it was probably a private adoption since L said that they were going to wait to contact an agency. I think some domestic agencies would have rejected them because she hasn't hit the 5 year mark after her recent cancer bout and she also admitted to still having cancer cells. I predict that within a year or two, they will have a new blog or will use that FB page to solicit adoptions for a second adoption. I don't think they will be satifisified with one child. Probably most of their fundie lite friends and relatives have more than one kid and L&D will end up feeling out of place with one child. I bet Lyndsie still has her heart on having a little girl.

I look occasionally at the FB page they set up for their blog. On October 5 Lyndsie posted "Missing my blog and all of my blogging friends today!"

My first thought was, "I bet they want another kid and are going to open the blog because of that."

A bunch of people commented that they miss her blog sooo much and want her to reopen it. Lynsdie commented back "I've been praying that one day we will be able to open the blog back up!" What's stopping her? Is it because that poster who said she was Aubrey Ann's birth mother came to our old board and dished dirt about the adoption failure?

I think it is probably because of Sunny the birth mom. There were signs on Lyndsie's blog that she was reading here and her brother did post on the old board. I think Lyndsie was ok or ignored what was being about her on old board but I think Sunny's posts might have pissed her off. Sunny initially misunderstood the purpose of FJ, at first she thought the whole board was dedicated to talking about Lyndsie and Daniel and she did defend them and I think she crossed the line when she announced on the old board about Ethan's adoption and she also mentioned things Lyndsie told her in emails.

I wouldn't wish childlessness on anyone who truly wants kids, but, as you can tell by my special posting title, I find Lyndsie to be odious. She has to be going private; agencies would absolutely balk at her health issues (I had to provide a second opinion on my chronic, yet less severe condition, and by proof, 2 neurologists had to sign off that I was well enough and stable enough to adopt).

I wouldn't wish childlessness on anyone who truly wants kids, but, as you can tell by my special posting title, I find Lyndsie to be odious. She has to be going private; agencies would absolutely balk at her health issues (I had to provide a second opinion on my chronic, yet less severe condition, and by proof, 2 neurologists had to sign off that I was well enough and stable enough to adopt).

What are her health issues?

She had cancer in her late teens, which is why she cannot have children. She is not at the whatever-important-years-cancer-free mark and in addition, still has some cancerous cells in her abdomen.

She had cancer in her late teens, which is why she cannot have children. She is not at the whatever-important-years-cancer-free mark and in addition, still has some cancerous cells in her abdomen.

Wow, I'm very surprised she can adopt. Yeah, she must be adopting privately.

She did adopt privately (as far as we can tell) but here's the kicker: they couldn't afford to do so despite living in a McMansion and having new cars, designer clothes, and redecorating every week, because she apparently either cannot or will not work. So she started a blog to solicit donations and somehow got them. She was quite the hot topic at the old board.

She did adopt privately (as far as we can tell) but here's the kicker: they couldn't afford to do so despite living in a McMansion and having new cars, designer clothes, and redecorating every week, because she apparently either cannot or will not work. So she started a blog to solicit donations and somehow got them. She was quite the hot topic at the old board.

And she'll probably celebrate the day the baby was placed with them as Gotcha Day. I hate that term, a lot of adoptive parents use it. I always refused to.

I've known other potential adopters who've solicited donations, and it just rubs me the wrong way.

This profile shows that they were only using a lawyer to represent them and not an agency.

http://www.hopingtoadopt.org/index.php/ ... boutUs/121

As I mentioned before, I think some domestic adoption agencies would have rejected Lyndsie and Daniel. When they first started looking into adoption, Lyndsie said they were doing a word of mouth adoption type thing in which they were putting profiles up, putting ads out and telling people in different church communities.

As for Lyndsie not working, she had two different excuses on the blog when questioned about it. Once she said that when she married Daniel she no longer desired a career and another time she said that her reason for not working was private. Lyndsie did say a couple of times that Daniel made enough for her not to work. I think Daniel probably doesn't make enough to cover expensive clothes, new stuff and an adoption in addition to monthly expenses.. They collected donations for the $1,000 home study and months before Lyndsie blogged about them buying expensive things. Lyndsie and Daniel are the types who live above their means. I think Lyndsie should have at least worked part time to contribute to the adoption fund. Lyndsie's attitude makes me wonder what she would do if Daniel lost his job or was unable to work.

I've never heard of Gotcha Day. My youngest sister was adopted at birth. We always tell her how happy the parents were when the doctor turned to them and said: It's a beautiful, green-haired girl! It's a story we tell at her birthday every year. (meconium in the amniotic fluid stained her light blond hair green)

And she'll probably celebrate the day the baby was placed with them as Gotcha Day. I hate that term, a lot of adoptive parents use it. I always refused to.

I've known other potential adopters who've solicited donations, and it just rubs me the wrong way.

I think it is ok for potential adopters to solicit donations if both the husband and wife or both partners are working and contributing to the fund as well. With Lyndsie and Daniel, I think they rubbed people the wrong way because Lyndsie was a stay at home wife who basically expected working people to donate to their fund. If Lyndsie had worked part time, I think she wouldn't have come under snark here. L&D did have a couple of yard sales to contribute to their fund. I think most of the people who donated to them were likely relatives or people in their close circles. The strangers who donated are probably fundies or fundie lites.

I wouldn't call that a McMansion, housing costs are inexpensive in many places in the south. It was maybe 100 to 120 k house in my area and probably the same there

oh, I think we had that discussion on the old board. Damn, I need to move! My apartment in the projects is worth more than that.

Archived