IGNORED

Coronavirus 2

GreyhoundFan

5 minutes ago, Ali said:

Do you want to know what biblical scholars about the end times or what evangelical pastors say about the end times? 

I think biblical scholars, many anyway, believe it was contemporaneous political commentary about Rome back in the day.

But my evangelical family members believe in something very different regarding the rapture, etc.  But asking them would open a can of conversational worms I solidered shut a long time ago.  So that one :)

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

They probably think it's a 'mark of the beast' - yes, I've been seeing that from some Christian circles.  And I'm sitting here staring at the ceiling every single time I hear/see said reference asking God how the heck these morons jump from vaccine to mark of the beast?  

Bro Gary posted a video from John Parish, who claims that George Soros and Bill Gates have been trying to put chips into the world's population, through vaccines, for years, and that the coronavirus is just part of that.

If you want to see how unlimited the delusions of these people can be, here it is:

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

On saturday it bite me in the ass that I refused to hord toilet paper like a good german citizen should had. I tought I had at least 2 more rolls, but nope, discoverd that we were on the last roll. Before Covid19, no problem, catch it on the usual weekly grocery run and be good. But not in these times, I drove to 7 different stores and no toilet paper to be found, not a single roll. So I texted a friend who works at a supermarket and asked her if they had some. She, nope all out, but monday they get more, but you need to come early to get one. So I got up this morning at 6:45  and drove even before having a coffee to her store and waited until they opened at 7 to get a pack of toilet paper. This so much reminds me of stories my parents told about life in the GDR, where toilet paper was a rare truesure, at least the good one.

• Love 20

RAGBRAI is cancelled for this year

Organizers for RAGBRAI on Monday announced the ride for 2020 will be canceled due to COVID-19.

The 48th annual ride had been scheduled for July 19th through the 25th. According to the organization's website, the ride will be postponed until July 25 to July 31, 2021.

"RAGBRAI takes months of planning and preparation. Based on the extreme disruption COVID-19 has had and will have on the planning, we didn’t feel it was responsible to move forward and put the safety of our riders, crew, communities, or residents of Iowa at risk," a statement said on the ride's website.

The RAGBRAI XLVIII route will remain the same for 2021 which includes Waterloo, Anamosa and Maquoketa, among others.

Fuck you Donald. If it wasn’t for your fucked up response we could still have the event this year. 

• Upvote 3

Warning: Vodka shortage ahead:

• WTF 7

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Warning: Vodka shortage ahead:

I know quackery when I see it, but maybe a bottle of Grey Goose on the shopping list just in case?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

Well, it would work - if the host dies due to drinking a bottle of vodka daily, the virus would probably die, too.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

I have a bottle of gray goose in the freezer - and I'm not (usually) a drinker.

new rules/guidelines for nursing homes (regarding transparancy)

Spoiler

In positive news 
Quinn Cummings has this hobby - bartending.  And since she's going stir crazy she's combining her love of bartending with a pet rescue organization she volunteers for (she fosters kittens) - so if you donate to her charity of choice and live in the right area of Greater LA - she'll bring you a drink.  Keep an eye on her twitter for what location she's delivering to on any given day.  

I have one post over in government response but here's another.  Protests in KC.  Apparently they are dividing between downtown/City Hall and the Plaza.  (city hall I get, the plaza?  not so much)

dumb trivia tidbit about the photo in that.  The white building in the background is Community Christian church.  Designed (and rather disowned) by Frank Lloyd Wright.  I've been in it before for a writer's conference.  FLW disowned it because the city insisted on a lally column in the middle of one area.  

• Upvote 9

My poor little bean counter brain doesn't even know how to handle this one.  Oil prices NEGATIVE.

Oh and Kansas is concerned about Meatpacking outbreaks

Spoiler

Yikes- stat from that article about meat packing

Just eight days ago, Ford County – home of iconic Dodge City – counted 13 coronavirus cases. By Monday, it had 180.

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, clueliss said:

My poor little bean counter brain doesn't even know how to handle this one.  Oil prices NEGATIVE.

So if I go to get gas they pay me?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

Just about.  From a cost accounting standpoint we're just about only paying for the refining and transportation of fuel at this point.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So if I go to get gas they pay me?

You'll still have to pay taxes! So much of pump prices are taxes. I think Illinois is like 40 cents per gallon. 

• Upvote 5

Oh and this is driven by the fact that there is no place anywhere to store oil.  (and they keep pumping somewhere in the world)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

1 minute ago, clueliss said:

Oh and this is driven by the fact that there is no place anywhere to store oil.  (and they keep pumping somewhere in the world)

ConocoPhillips Alaska shut down their operations about a month ago when COVID-19 showed up. Some people have to stay to keep it running - it costs more to shut off arctic pumps then to keep them on - but they aren't producing much. I don't know about the other camps because I'm not in that world anymore and have to get my oil news from news sources, but this is going to really change where I live in the next few years. Hopefully for the better, but with tourism cancelled it's going to be bad first 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I haven’t been on this topic yet but the newest dumbassery coming from my state made me pop over. South Carolina is officially opening all retail stores and beaches starting tomorrow despite the fact that we haven’t had a steady decline in cases and have maybe, possibly hit a plateau. The mayors of the beaches in Charleston, however, used their brains and issues a joint statement saying that they will not be open to the public, only residents of those towns. I want to say I’m shocked, but our governor is an idiot and I just know this is going to backfire on us. 

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
Riffles
  • Upvote 14

Kansas gets 7,000 test kits for counties with food processing facilities.

• Upvote 8

Georgia to do a partial reopen for certain businesses as early as Friday

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/20/politics/georgia-brian-kemp-reopen-businesses-coronavirus/index.html

Kemp, a Republican, said specifically that fitness centers, bowling alleys, body art studios, barbers, hair and nail salons, and massage therapy businesses can reopen as early Friday, April 24. Theaters and restaurants will be allowed to open on Monday, April 27 while bars and night clubs will remain closed for now, Kemp added.

• WTF 12

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

Oh and Kansas is concerned about Meatpacking outbreaks

Hide contents

Yikes- stat from that article about meat packing

Yeah amazing how that exponential thing the experts were warning them about works. I mean who could possibly have predicted this, other than pretty much every public health official, epidemiologist and person with a basic understanding of high school maths?

• Upvote 11

9 hours ago, clueliss said:

The more 'they' ignore that it looks like Trump = Anti-Christ - the more I believe he is.   And personally I don't think the mark will be a chip or anything else - I think it will be spiritual - but that's me.  And this comes up because they want it to be the end times and begin grasping at straws (also because apparently Orpah being the false prophet has been thrown over for Bill Gates is the Anti-Christ and he's funding stuff for the WHO blah blah blah and behind vaccines blah blah blah ) 

Maybe I’m too complacent about the whole “be awake and alert because I’m coming back soon” thing, but I figure Trump is only as likely to be the Antichrist as Hitler was, and this pandemic is no more likely to be the apocalypse than Spanish flu or the Black Death. Though I’m certain at the times those things were happening, plenty of Christians would have read it as the sign of the second coming too. 
Though, I’ve also been taught that “end times” simply refers to the period between Jesus’s ascension and his return, so basically everything that has happened in the past 2000 years (almost) counts as end times.

• Upvote 6

So, gyms...putting personal trainers who decide they have to show up at huge risk.  Gyms, where everybody is touching something that someone just sweated on.   Please, let them not have classes/group workouts in relatively small rooms.  

The stupidity of this is beyond insane.   

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 12

I just got notice that I've been furloughed until at least May 15th at the earliest, but I still have a job to go back to. My guess is that at this point, we won't be going back until June. Fortunately, I just got paid last Friday, and I have plenty in savings for now.

• Upvote 12

An 81 year old doctor who should be enjoying retirement stepped up to the plate and returned to active duty. 

When the Army asked retirees to return to active duty to help with the coronavirus response effort, Colonel Arthur Wittich, an 81-year-old doctor, answered the call.

"I'm ready to do whatever is necessary, that's just the way I am," Wittich told Newsweek. "It's not that I'm careless or foolish, but if I can do what's necessary to help a situation, I'm ready to do it even if there's danger involved."

America's dealing with the largest outbreak of the new coronavirus worldwide, and more than 466,000 people have tested positive. The massive outbreak has required a massive response, and to fill potential personnel shortages, the Army reached out to more than 800,000 retired soldiers, asking if they would be willing to return to active duty.

When the email came, Wittich typed out a quick response and hit Send: "Willing to serve if needed, licensed in two states, steady hands and ready to operate and perform patient care, fit to fight."

• Thank You 1
  • Love 12

Tom Brady cited for working out in closed Tampa Bay park

Spoiler

Disney to stop paying over100k employees

Spoiler

5 year old daughter of detroit first responders dies after Covid 19 diagnosis (menningitis related)

Spoiler

Missouri to get all money back from defective masks - although I believe this required exposing that the law firm of the third company that refused to give money back also was the firm that defended eric greitens (the scandal governor)

Spoiler

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 5
  • Thank You 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic