IGNORED

Praying for Resurrection

CarrotCake

This is so sad. On top of having to  eventually deal with the heartbreaking loss of their daughter, the parents then also have to face the fact all their hopes in her being resurrected didn’t come true. Having a crisis of faith on top of everything else could really be hellish. I pity the poor parents. Yes, they’re delusional, but people in their lives should have stepped in before things went so horribly sideways. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

This Buddhist parable of Kisa Gotami would be of use to the Bethel Redding cult folks: 

From WIKI: 

Kisa Gotami was the wife of a wealthy man of Savatthi. Her story is one of the more famous ones in Buddhism. After losing her only child, Kisa Gotami became desperate and asked if anyone could help her. Her sorrow was so great that many thought she had lost her mind. An old man told her to see the Buddha. The Buddha told her that he could bring the child back to life if she could find white mustard seeds from a family where no one had died. She desperately went from house to house, but to her disappointment, she could not find a house that had not suffered the death of a family member. Finally the realization struck her that there is no house free from mortality. She returned to the Buddha, who comforted her and preached to her the truth.

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 2

Phylicia's at it again and burning things up over on her Instagram. I just love her perspective on all this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

This is so sad. On top of having to  eventually deal with the heartbreaking loss of their daughter, the parents then also have to face the fact all their hopes in her being resurrected didn’t come true. Having a crisis of faith on top of everything else could really be hellish. I pity the poor parents. Yes, they’re delusional, but people in their lives should have stepped in before things went so horribly sideways. 

I really hope this doesn't end in murder suicide . 

• Sad 3

And of course Trump is in the big middle of them.  Why on earth would advisers allow questionable faith leaders in a photo op?  Never mind, stupid question, I know why.

It appears at least three Bethel leaders were in attendance.

As Right Wing Watch noted on Monday, a group of about 50 Trump-supporting evangelical pastors and worship leaders worshiped in the Old Executive Office Building Friday and later prayed over President Donald Trump in the Oval Office ...

“All 50 of us crammed into the Oval Office. He sat at his desk and he said pray for me,” Sean Feucht, a Bethel Music worship leader who is running for Congress in California’s Third Congressional District, told Fox News.

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/congressional-candidate-sean-feucht-makes-most-of-white-house-worship-and-prayer-event/

image.png.04b791ebb55a436b46962eb951e49185.png

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 7
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

Spoiler

So.... i have no words , the autopsy finally  did it , not sure why , are autopsies a hard limit anyways ? Funny how that works .. i would think resurrection out of the fridge , grave or urn would be totally possible  . Maybe they got to the point the governement was going to give her a state burial into an anonymous grave ...

Edit:this is bethelsmusic official narrative , to read it all check their insta, it is not private 

Screenshot_20191221-024916_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ven
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

14 minutes ago, ven said:
  Hide contents

So.... i have no words , the autopsy finally  did it , not sure why , are autopsies a hard limit anyways ? Funny how that works .. i would think resurrection out of the fridge , grave or urn would be totally possible  . Maybe they got to the point the governement was going to give her a state burial into an anonymous grave ...

Edit:this is bethelsmusic official narrative , to read it all check their insta, it is not private 

Screenshot_20191221-024916_Instagram.jpg

Honestly, this is a relief. I'm glad to see that there is going to be a celebration of her life and a proper burial. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11

What a pissweak statement. That Church is reprehensible for what they have done.

I hope the parents are okay and that they come to terms with their heartbreaking loss in a way where they’ll be supported properly.

I hope eventually that this awful situation opens their eyes to the nature of Bethel and that they leave to find a new supportive, nurturing Church family.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

The optimist in me is glad the church and Olive’s family are taking the first step towards acceptance and healing.

The realist says they’re back-pedalling so fast their kneecaps are about to get lodged in their glutes. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

On 12/18/2019 at 11:02 PM, HereComesTreble said:

Not to paint with a broad brush, but Bethel would.  They were involved with the fake kidnapping of Sherri Papini--which also resulted in a 50k gofundme.

Sorry to go off-topic but how was Bethel involved in the Sherri Papini kidnapping? I always thought it was a really strange case... 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Sorry to go off-topic but how was Bethel involved in the Sherri Papini kidnapping? I always thought it was a really strange case... 

Second this. Please provide more info.

• I Agree 5

Wow. I’m glad they’re done with the charade, but that was such a pitiful message for all the spiritual abuse they’ve enabled in the last week!  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

The church and family profited from a fat gofundme account of over $50,000. Some or all of that money is said to be going to build an expansion on the church. I feel like  the church leaders exploited the parents grief to get their building expansion. 

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

Cameron Gamble (the self titled hostage negotiator) and his homemade kidnapping rescue group, Project Rescue, is  supported and promoted by Bethel.  Gamble is the guy who inserted himself into Sherri’s “rescue” with his video message to the “kidnappers.”

For more on the Papini/Bethel shanangans:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-shady-hostage-negotiator-at-the-center-of-sherri-papinis-abduction

www.redding.com/story/news/local/2016/12/08/experts-question-local-hostage-negotiators-methods/95044410/

^that article states that despite Project Taken not being a 501 charity, Gamble receives donations through Bethel Church.  The money does not go to the Project, but to Gamble himself. 

Edited by HereComesTreble
attempting to fix a link
  • Thank You 10

43 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

The church and family profited from a fat gofundme account of over $50,000. Some or all of that money is said to be going to build an expansion on the church. I feel like  the church leaders exploited the parents grief to get their building expansion. 

I really doubt it. The church has a ton of money and $50,000 isn't much at all for them. I'm more frustrated that the church asked a bunch of outsiders to spare their money (many of whom seemed to think that by donating they were helping achieve the miracle) when the church is incredibly wealthy itself.

• Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

The church has a ton of money and $50,000 isn't much at all for them.

50k is peanuts to them.  Speaking of money, Bethel is building a $96 million dollar church.

https://www.redding.com/story/news/local/2019/09/11/96-m-bethel-church-campus-redding-being-built-2020-but-traffic-work-has-begun/2278607001/

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 9

Just now, HereComesTreble said:

50k is peanuts to them.  Speaking of money, Bethel is building a $96 million dollar church.

https://www.redding.com/story/news/local/2019/09/11/96-m-bethel-church-campus-redding-being-built-2020-but-traffic-work-has-begun/2278607001/

The LDS church has over $100,00,000 and still asks for donations for building temples and churches. A church can have a lot of money in its bank account and still want more. Churches are not exempt from greed.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

34 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

The LDS church has over $100,00,000 and still asks for donations for building temples and churches. A church can have a lot of money in its bank account and still want more. Churches are not exempt from greed.

I wouldn't think anyone here would be under that illusion! And Bethel is already asking for donations for the building expansion. It's just that the 50k is nothing to them -- it's literally 0.03% of the total for the expansion -- so I don't think the GoFundMe is how they're planning to get their building expansion. To compare, if the building expansion cost $100, the gofundme would be the equivalent of 3 cents. If it was a plan to fund their building, it was a remarkably ineffective one.

• Upvote 6

i am curious where all that money is going to go. funeral expenses are not $50,000. perhaps they have medical expenses, and if they do i hope that they are paid from this. if anything is left, i hope they do something in memory of olive that does good for the future. this whole thing was needlessly ridiculous, imo

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:

i am curious where all that money is going to go. funeral expenses are not $50,000. perhaps they have medical expenses, and if they do i hope that they are paid from this. if anything is left, i hope they do something in memory of olive that does good for the future. this whole thing was needlessly ridiculous, imo

There are no major medical bills. It sounds like she may have been sick but was being cared for at home. The narrative makes it sound like her death was sudden. 

It was announced that "some" of the money from the gofundme would go towards the church expansion the day the campaign started. The money will likely only go towards the funeral costs and the church expansion. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DarkAnts said:

There are no major medical bills. It sounds like she may have been sick but was being cared for at home. The narrative makes it sound like her death was sudden. 

It was announced that "some" of the money from the gofundme would go towards the church expansion the day the campaign started. The money will likely only go towards the funeral costs and the church expansion. 

Where was that announced?

The statement that Bethel gave to the Daily Mail said that, "911 was called immediately, and resuscitation attempts were made by medical professionals at the family’s home and at the hospital" so I would expect that there are some fairly significant medical bills, though hopefully not $50000 worth.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

The statement that Bethel gave to the Daily Mail said that, "911 was called immediately, and resuscitation attempts were made by medical professionals at the family’s home and at the hospital" so I would expect that there are some fairly significant medical bills, though hopefully not $50000 worth.

It was announced at one of the services. I doubt the medical expenses will be over $5,000. The average cost of a funeral is $10,000. That's a fraction of the gofundme account. They are trying to raise $100,000 with that account. They are still collecting money for it. It's a cash grab at this point.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

I doubt the medical expenses will be over $5,000.

Hopefully not, though those bills can be really expensive. 

Can you share where they announced that the gofundme would go toward building expenses? Because I've been following this pretty closely and all I've seen was speculation (with a lot of people trying to find a reason to report the GFM but being unable to find anything), while the official statements from the church never mentioned it. If they actually announced that the donations were going to the church and not towards the family as stated I would have expected there to be more people talking about that rather than just the speculation I've seen.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the church expected 10% of the GFM as a tithe, which is a little different but still disgusting.

• Upvote 1

It’s time to tax all the churches.  It would shine a spotlight on all their crap.  Many of them are criminal organizations.

The tax money could fund healthcare.  

I’m out here not holding my breath.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

6 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

It was likely close.

You’ll have an ALS level 2 ambulance bill(probably close to $4000, depending on mileage).  The ER bill will be expensive.  ER charges, doctor charges, likely anesthesiologist charges, tons of meds and procedures.

My young cousin drowned and was eventually pronounced deceased at the ER after a lengthy attempted resuscitation.  All the combined bills before funeral charges were like $42,000.

Bethel is a bizarre place.  I know several evangelical churches who will no longer use their songs in worship because their beliefs are just so weird.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 3