IGNORED

Mother Teresa

roddma

What do you suppose it was about MT that captured the media's attention? I imagine there are people all over the world doing good works. I wonder why MT?

And she was always portrayed as nothing less than a living saint (those exact words). Even winning a Nobel Peace Prize as I recall.

As far as I remember, when she started out working with the very poor, that was a revolutionary step. Before she founded her own order, she had it comparatively cushy. I guess the media just sucked up the image of belevolent nuns ministering to the poor and dying like so many angels in saris.

I read the book about her life (No Greater Love, I think), and apparently she didn't feel the presence of god for most of her life. Isn't that ironic? As a young nun, she was absolutely sure that there were God and Jesus out watching for her. Then, nothing for decades. And she doesn't come to the conclusion that there is no god and just soldiers on. Remarkable.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, please don't lump all FJers together. You've been here long enough to know that we are not a hive. I don't care to read accounts of reading fundie royalty, actually, so those are threads I usually skip. ;) And many (most?) regular posters share personal experiences. I know I do. So I really don't think that's the problem. There are others who can speak to what their issues may be with you, but I just wanted to say that it has nothing to do with this forum "doesn't seem to want personal experiences shared". At all.

Exactly, Austin.

And for Nurse Nell, in case you missed this, from the "Mom expresses disgust for 12 year old daughter thread"-

I held out longer than many on FJ, giving you the benefit of the doubt. But, wow, no one person could POSSIBLY have had as many personal experiences as you- not even if you were 110 years old.

Answering every thread on FJ with "your own personal experiences" negates or minimizes others' comments. This is why some FJ-ers are having such a negative reaction to some of your posts.

Maybe you really do have this particular personal application, but in the context of everything... it's kind of like the boy who cried wolf. After so much, it doesn't mean anything.

I will reiterate that I gave you more leeway on this than several on here. And see the bold for why people have a problem with so much of this.

Nurse Nell, I have to say I have never noticed any excessive "personal experiences" in your postss. I have never seen any reason to doubt you. Some of us know a lot of people, see many things and come from big families. Some of us don't and maybe don't understand how one life can get so eventful.

On topic, I have not been a fan of Mother Theresa since I heard about the stinginess with pain meds. I am a CNA on a hospice unit. Fentanyl patches are proof God loves us in my opinion.

I have spent time with a similar group to Mother Theresa's sisters http://www.missionariesofthepoor.org/mi ... bswell.htm and while I have not proof of anything, I did not have a good feeling about them. There didn't seem to be much real medical care -- just warehousing people.

On topic, I have not been a fan of Mother Theresa since I heard about the stinginess with pain meds. I am a CNA on a hospice unit. Fentanyl patches are proof God loves us in my opinion.

I'm with you on this.

And for Nurse Nell, in case you missed this, from the "Mom expresses disgust for 12 year old daughter thread"-

I did not introduce the topic of TCP to this thread, the mother of the said 12 year old did in her blog and another poster here shared her PERSONAL experience with the same condition. That is why I replied with my experience of it in family members.

I do NOT even participate in EVERY thread here so how I could share my personal experiences in every single thread boggles my mind. I participate in probably 10 to 15 % of threads and have mentioned personal experiences in perhaps 1/6th of those threads. So you are over exaggerating by more than a little.

I do NOT even participate in EVERY thread here so how I could share my personal experiences in every single thread boggles my mind. I participate in probably 10 to 15 % of threads and have mentioned personal experiences in perhaps 1/6th of those threads. So you are over exaggerating by more than a little.

OK, I acknowledge wording that erroneously; that is not what I was trying to say.

"Answering many of the threads on FJ in which you participate with purported personal experiences ..."

And, as said before, I wasn't the first to call you on this. Matter of fact, I kind of disbelieved it at first.

ETA: Reference the (infamous) "Burka eating" thread.

"Answering many of the threads on FJ in which you participate with purported personal experiences ..."

As do many others unless they live under a rock and have no personal experiences to share.

As do many others unless they live under a rock and have no personal experiences to share.

And you have missed the whole point of what I (and Austin) just said.

There are good and kind people in the world - a lot of them. They just aren't famous.

This.

Sorry, Emmie, but motherteresawasafraud.blogspot.com. The sooner the public can weed out the fakes, the sooner the real "saints" can be recognized.

Archived