IGNORED

Lori Alexander 71: She of Appalling Ignorance

Ken is not going to correct Lori because his view align with hers.  Just saw his page & this, or why evloution is not true (a few scientists say so).  @Ken   what about the 99.7% of Scientist who do support evolution?

1403529555_KenAlexanderIsGenesisHistory.JPG.938cacd9000069dfe72bee51dcfc6231.JPG

503977072_anyoneunderstandthis.JPG.f4af774613586b6f0c7475944676eb27.JPG

What does she mean when she says "they need to teach AGAINST what I teach so women AREN'T misled?   Shouldn't it say " so that they can mislead women?  

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Liza said:

Ken is not going to correct Lori because his view align with hers.  Just saw his page & this, or why evloution is not true (a few scientists say so).  @Ken   what about the 99.7% of Scientist who do support evolution?

1403529555_KenAlexanderIsGenesisHistory.JPG.938cacd9000069dfe72bee51dcfc6231.JPG

503977072_anyoneunderstandthis.JPG.f4af774613586b6f0c7475944676eb27.JPG

What does she mean when she says "they need to teach AGAINST what I teach so women AREN'T misled?   Shouldn't it say " so that they can mislead women?  

Freudian typo!:evil-laugh:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I’ve had a long day and I read  “pre-kids” and wondered if that was a type of pre-middle-school course along the lines of a pre-kindergarten. ?‍♀️?  I need sleep. 

My former district used to have a class called “pre-first” for kids deemed not ready to go into first grade(I think that’s better than making them repeat kindergarten).

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Oh look, more evidence that Ken Alexander is a fucking moron! Is Genesis history? Sure, in the same way that the Chronicles of Narnia are history. 

Yikes, that tweet is convoluted. I think she's talking about the people who hate-follow her on Twitter. She can't delete replies there, but can't resist whining about them. Didn't she say she doesn't read them? Naughty Lori, that seems to have been a lie. It seems like she's trying her hand at satire/sarcasm again. She really should leave that be, she is not good at it. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 10/3/2019 at 2:24 PM, Chocolate Lover said:

If she'd tried that force feeding shit with me when I was little she'd have been wearing it!  If ANYTHING went in my mouth that I didn't want I'd puke all over the table.  No doubt Lori would have beaten me, though I don't think it would have made any difference. 

This. So much this. My mom once told me a story of how she was forced (but not force fed thankfully), to eat what was put in front of her.  It was something she hated. Needless to say she got sick all over the table moments later. That abruptly ended the “you will eat what you’re told when you’re told” rule in her home.  

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

What disturbs me the most about Lori is that she is a violent woman. She was violent with her children.  Here are 33 screenshots with her “advice” and what she did to her own children.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2019/01/lori-alexanders-cruel-child-discipline-advice   (I mean, read some of her comments ... they are awful!)

I have also noticed that her obsession with violence is often depicted in her pictures.  Here are just two:

1546647068_Breakingtheirsutbornselfishwill.jpg.278c834f85d2aa8638a6092e4ff325aa.jpg

This picture depicts babies and toddlers as intrinsically bad and that they must be broken.   Most of us view babies & children as innocent and adorable and we would never dream of harming them.  Yet, Lori, who pushes Quiverfull mothering has done the opposite!  

782700525_trainyourhusbands.JPG.9185e615bab51c2377dd16776171c92c.JPG

This picture, which I assume she posted in jest (no woman who obeys her husband could do this) but look at the picture.  It is violent.  * The picture is on "Always Learning", her former blog site.

There are so many pictures that have violated my senses.  I cannot help but believe that Lori is a danger to all women and children.  And ... that she is sick.  I am not letting her off the hook by saying she is "sick", but I cannot comprehend evil in any other way.  It simply is not normal.  

I know that people like Lori exist.  What makes it worse is when they claim to be Godly, to be speaking for God, and when they can/and do influence women who have already been broken.  This is unconscionable.

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Lori on Twitter, tweeting:

Spoiler

20191006_175409.jpg.7bf4398c0f7e7286c14d95a2ebd02405.jpg

Also Lori on Twitter, but in her header:

Spoiler

20191006_175446.jpg.397a3f5e7cc0690c89be0a989a6d03c1.jpg

ETA: This is the article she's quoting from in her latest Thesis on Feminism. It's kind of fucking gross, but what else would one expect from Lori? For more yikes-inducing fun, check out the author's website. 

Edited by Sonic the Whoredgehog
  • Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Liza said:

What disturbs me the most about Lori is that she is a violent woman. She was violent with her children.  Here are 33 screenshots with her “advice” and what she did to her own children.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2019/01/lori-alexanders-cruel-child-discipline-advice   (I mean, read some of her comments ... they are awful!)

I've read many, if not all, of these comments as she's posted them over the years (even the chatroom ones, because she has posted pretty much the same ones on her blog as well), and they've always appalled me. But they came one at a time. To see them all together, in one post, is mind-blowing and utterly sickening. What a monster she is. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

ETA: This is the article she's quoting from in her latest Thesis on Feminism. It's kind of fucking gross, but what else would one expect from Lori? For more yikes-inducing fun, check out the author's website. 

Where, pray tell, would a 19-year-old find a doctor willing to tie her tubes even if she wanted it?  Doesn’t he know that childless women in their 20s and 30s who are 100% sure they don’t want kids are invariably told “You’re young, you might change your mind”?

• Upvote 16

14 hours ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Well we know Emily is/was in town probably for Alyssa's "Sip and See" held this weekend (which Alyssa posted about publically and Ken also posted pictures)  I think Emily is rattling Lori (purely speculation) because Emily posted a public FB link to a story on Christian's and education and how one Christian blogger ( a man and a pastor!)  said in the end it doesn't really matter what Christian's use (public school, private Christian schools or homeschooling) Whatever works for your family is best. 

I'm wondering if Emily got an earful for sending her child to a secular preschool.  I'm sure she got a lot of shade thrown at her this weekend.  Good for Emily standing her ground/  

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 14

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

Where, pray tell, would a 19-year-old find a doctor willing to tie her tubes even if she wanted it?  Doesn’t he know that childless women in their 20s and 30s who are 100% sure they don’t want kids are invariably told “You’re young, you might change your mind”?

Apparently that example is from a film about people who regret having children and may or may not have actually happened. I'm fortunately unfamiliar with this area- if a 19-year-old had a medical issue that would allow her to conceive but with potentially life-threatening consequences, would she be given the procedure then? 

Regardless, the idea that a tubal ligation reduces a woman to a "pure sexual commodity" is fucking disgusting. Fundies and patriarchs can make it about "home" and "family" all they want, but in the end, their only value for a woman is her reproductive system. 

ETA: I just noticed that the article also complains about "white ethnicities" being "outbred".  There's even more blatant racism on his site, right between the conspiracy theories and rants about people being offended. Sigh. Why is it always misogyny and racism, usually with a nice side order of homophobia? Can't straight white assholes be happy with just one? 

Edited by Sonic the Whoredgehog
  • Upvote 22
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Loveday said:

I've read many, if not all, of these comments as she's posted them over the years (even the chatroom ones, because she has posted pretty much the same ones on her blog as well), and they've always appalled me. But they came one at a time. To see them all together, in one post, is mind-blowing and utterly sickening. What a monster she is. 

Ken is just as responsible because he was there and he saw it and participated in it.  Yeah, and that is what Lori chooses to tell people.  Who knows what she does not tell.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 10/4/2019 at 6:09 PM, SongRed7 said:

[Ken:] And to think she could have been on a Mediterranean cruise instead :). But no way! Being Jesus to others, especially our family, must be the Christian's priority. I guess be careful what you preach :) as you might have to live it out and find all of God's many rewards and blessings from serving Him."

Where did this weird Mediterranean cruise comparison come from? What a ridiculous non-sequitur.

It's just more of their ridiculous false dichotomy of feminism. See how Ken uses it? If you go to college or work, AT ANY POINT IN YOUR LIFE, your evident greed and status-seeking will lead to you never, and I mean NEVER, being available to babysit for your grandchildren. The choice is be a stay-at-home homeschooling mom-then-grandma over the course of your entire life, or cruise in the Mediterranean forever. No in-between. (I mean, might be nice, Ken, but that's not how education and jobs work in most cases...)

The comparison is also ironic considering how much Lori herself vacations.

It's also frustrating because 1) many women have jobs to pay the rent, not pay for luxury cruises, and 2) one of the perks of a career that can afford luxury cruises is that one has ample vacation days and ample travel money TO VISIT GRANDCHILDREN. A mother-of-many, in poverty and dependent on a husband who works two+ jobs, is not likely to have the funds or freedom to go be a helpful grandma. A woman (or man) who has a small number of kids, saves money, and is able to retire comfortably is a lot more likely to be free to help with grandbabies.

It's a real peeve of mine when people start out just talking about something they like--which is great!--then slide into criticizing other possibilities. Why not just say, "Lori got to spend a lot of time with the grandkids! What a joy!" Instead he has to add that dig at women who work (or ever worked)--oh, excuse me, women who cruise the Mediterranean. Why? Why make a post that could have been simply happy into smug meanness?

I mean, it's not like Lori's moving in to help them full time. Why is taking a cruise being presented as an alternative to visiting grandkids? I guess it can be, in specific circumstances. Maybe someone has the money for only one vacation that year and they choose the cruise. I could see how that SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCE could be hurtful to the child who was hoping for a visit or help, but I could also see it being an important choice that is none of anyone's darn business (Grandma and Grandpa sharing a needed romantic getaway, perhaps? Grandpa or Grandpa fulfilling a lifelong dream to see a certain landmark?). But why would the ASSUMPTION be that someone who takes a cruise is inherently neglecting their grandchildren? I just don't get it. While Lori was in Door County, she might as well have been on a cruise, AND THAT'S FINE.

But the families I know who are in the privileged position of being able to afford fancy cruises, they cruise AND visit their grandchildren. Sometimes they take their grandchildren on the cruises.

Sheesh, Ken. Way to be a complete jerk.

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 27
  • Love 1

Raises hand!  Went on a Mediterranean cruise with her mother in 2017 and mom died 3 weeks after we got home.  She had the time of her life despite falling and hurting her shoulder and was in pain.  The grands are grown and on their own.  She had been widowed a year after taking full-time care of my dad for 18 months.  We had a wonderful bonding time together.  Lori's kids would never be able to spend 16 days with her 24/7 in close quarters.  Ken wouldn't even be able to do that, so they wouldn't go on a cruise anyway.  Lori probably suffers from mal de mer, and would not eat the food available.  Then she would criticize every one on the ship as ungodly and every country as heathen.  

My best guess is one of their acquaintances went on a Med cruise and Ken just had to criticize them.  It could have been one of the in-laws parents who went.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 11

8 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

suffers from mal de mer

OHH! a fance word for seasickness. I am now going to say I have mal de mer when out on a large body of water! Much more sophisticated than "seasick" or "motion sickness" (I can get it by land and by sea. :(

• Upvote 10

Umm, Lori spends up to 3 MONTHS each summer in Door County.  Why would a cruise be an issue?  

Face it.  If Lori didn't take the cruise, it's likely because she knew there would be women in bikinis, and she doesn't like competition.  Her not going had absolutely zero to do with being Grandma of the year (which she most certainly is not!).

I think pure jealousy motivates most of Lori's actions.  

Remember when she never wanted granite counter tops, and couldn't understand why anybody ever would?  Right.  All fine and good, until she purposely ruined her own counter tops to get granite.  She wanted them the whole time, but instead of admitting that, she pretended not to want them, and to look down on anyone who would spend so much on counters.

Same for her constant digs at other women who are in the ministry.  She either claims they are too young and should be doing other things, or that they are ungodly (see: Joyce Meyer, Beth Moore, Sara Young, and literally COUNTLESS others that Lori has railed against on her blog).  Even women she used to endorse, she turned on in the end.  The reason?  Jealousy.  She knows full well that she will never gain such popularity.  Hell, she can't even get her local churches to let her speak, much less get asked to travel all over the county.

Finally, I am convinced that Lori completely letting herself go all ties in with her jealousy of other women.  She used to really try to fix herself up, but now all we see is these wild eyed videos.  Half the time she's in pajamas, and it doesn't appear that she ever brushes her hair anymore.  

I think she felt like she couldn't compete with younger women, so she just acts like she doesn't care at all, and anyone who does is ungodly.  Think back to her whispery middle of the night video, complaining about the immodest waitress who served her and Ken.  She was so upset, she couldn't sleep through the night.  That is a special level of crazy.

Edited by Koala
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

Here's my response to Lori's "shamefaced" Twitter.  I had much more to say, but being limited by Twitter, I had to restrain myself.  We know she disdains gays, working women, and Catholics, yet the book she considers the only accurate version of the Bible is the one that is in existence because James needed to assert his power in Protestant England.  James did not hear from God telling him "Get the monks to work translating."  This message goes to JRod and GHaw, too.  We all know she has said she doesn't care about history.  She writes the script to suit her own crazy-ass meannness.

You do realize every time you evoke the KJV as the only inerrant word of God, you are referring to a bi-sexual king who ruled England because a woman (Queen Eliz I) passed her throne to him. He was Catholic and became protestant solely to gain the throne. Learn some history.

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 5

6 hours ago, Petronella said:

[Ken:] And to think she could have been on a Mediterranean cruise instead :). But no way! Being Jesus to others, especially our family, must be the Christian's priority. I guess be careful what you preach :) as you might have to live it out and find all of God's many rewards and blessings from serving Him."

There it is.

Ken's money shot.

They don't think people are blessed INHERENTLY BECAUSE THEY ARE PEOPLE, created with value, in the image of God.

No.

They think CERTAIN people FIND all the blessings of God and "rewards" of God FROM "serving Him" (i.e., all the things Lori DOES that Ken lists, which causes her to be so exhausted.)

This is The Tell for their works-based Christianity.

The Bible says that God's people do not have to find blessings; rather that blessings OVERTAKE them...

Because they have a GOOD Father Who loves them.

(There's more to this story - Lori would retch thinking about the fact that God blesses ALL people - not just the "Christians"...but that is another post).

This is not biblical womanhood. This is not biblical ANYTHING.  These people need brain transplants so they can start preaching what the Bible actually says if they say they are Christians.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Umm, Lori spends up to 3 MONTHS each summer in Door County.  Why would a cruise be an issue? 

We know that Lori doesn't even like to leave the house.  Not even to go to a restaurant with friends."  I feel like there's no way she could handle a vacation somewhere other than Door County with her agoraphobia.  

• Upvote 12

Maybe Ken referencing a Mediterranean cruise is something he wanted to do, and Lori refused. Thus his post that 'she could have been on a cruise' is a true statement.  Maybe he's getting a dig in -- an inside dig her family gets but no one else does.

After all Ken did go on what appeared to be an island getaway with Alyssa and her husband while Lori stayed home.

Also I don't think Lori has agoraphobia, I think she's a killjoy and a buzzkill. Immediately saying nope, nope, nope to anything anyone else wants to do.  So that people, i.e. Ken, have to vacation in Door County if they want to vacation at all.

I seem to remember that Lori said Ken works throughout much of the time up there.  99% certain he's not taking 3 months off.  Lori wouldn't put up with the loss of income

• Upvote 15

Sorry, off topic question. Can someone tell me where to find this thread? I have to use the search function because it's not under quiverfull of snark anymore. 

ETA: Nevermind. I found it, I just didn't scroll far enough. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Jen Hatmaker’s post about Evolving Faith. It’s long but parts of it really resonated with me. 

“Still sorting through all my feelings from #EvolvingFaith19 last weekend. The room felt holy, sacred, hopeful, and faithful. Defiantly even. I saw people treasure their Scriptures although they'd been weaponized against them. I watched them worship a God they were told despised them. I heard them stubbornly hold on to hope after disappointment, spiritual abuse, exile. I watched 3500 people sing "It is Well with My Soul" through tears as they took communion, some of them for the first time in a decade or more. 

In my session, I taught next to heroes: Lisa Sharon Harper, Jennifer Knapp, and Jeff Chu. It was holy fire. 

I taught about faithfulness and how we know what it looks like. What is good and what is not? What about when one part of the church calls something good when the other part calls it bad? And vice versa? And how do we know, as importantly, who decides? 

We look to the fruit, which doesn't lie (Luke 6:43-46). My spiritual framework growing up was DEFENSIVENESS. I 100% believed we were persecuted (I was a real hard luck case in my Keds as captain of the cheerleading squad in my suburban house with a pool). I thought the whole world was actively working to dismantle Christianity. 

In that camp, we would have looked at the fruit of exclusion (and its subsequent trauma), relational breakdown, patriarchal wounds, all of it…and called it good fruit. Those were the tough breaks of subscribing to a tough gospel under a pretty tough God. The good fruit would have been our strict adherence to doctrines that broke people’s hearts and bodies…we’re sorry about the broken hearts and all, but the real story is the good fruit of our obedience. It was the ultimate case of gaslighting: “Your heart is not broken because we broke it with terrible theology. It is broken because of your errors. Therefore we declare all this bad fruit good.” 

I have been assured my entire life that I was important. Except for that pesky woman preacher bit, my voice has always been heeded in a room, and I’ve always been a member of the majority experience. Every sermon I heard, lesson I sat through, study I completed, and class I attended was taught through this defensive lens – I had no other paradigm. Thus, I was taught and fully believed that my western, white church experience was centered in scripture, which I learned to use with precision as both a judgmental gatekeeper and then also, weirdly, a persecuted outlier (depending on what the situation called for). 

I realize this is hard to hear, but I am convinced the first and most important step to being able to rightly discern between good and bad fruit is decentering the powerful majority from the Good News – which is of course how it was manifested and recorded virtually from beginning to end: by oppressed people for oppressed people about oppressed people and their God.

When white, mostly male, straight married, able-bodied people with a certain threshold of money and power are at the center of the narrative, we will never correctly identify good fruit. 

I am in every category there but one! Those people still matter and have their place in the kingdom! But that place is not at the center, because privilege is a reliable enemy of discernment. 

When people are flourishing, valued, honored, and restored…there is Jesus, there is good fruit. Conversely, when those “flourishing” are primarily in the centered category, that is at the expense of someone else. That is not life, but death. If human flourishing in any context – a church, denomination, business structure, social strata, the justice system – is homogenous, then that is not good fruit; that is privilege and someone else is paying for it. 

Where is the good fruit? We must look to the margins, not the power brokers. If it is not good news for women, POC, the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities, immigrants, the poor…then IT IS NOT GOOD NEWS. This is our baseline. 

The fruit will tell you. 

With much love and in fond memory of my beloved friend, Rachel Held Evans, who taught me this so many times and in so many ways.

(Thanks for capturing the moment, Matthew Paul Turner. ❤️)”

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 6

I feel like Lori is just a gossip. She’s completely unable to say “here’s something wonderful” without tearing it down with a mean comment towards someone. She has very little understanding of others and I think actively works to be as judgmental as possible. Her very actions takes the Lord’s name in vain and brings about blasphemy. But I think what’s worse are the poor women who suffer for it. These ladies probably don’t fully understand what they’re getting themselves into and I can’t imagine the consequences. I pray these women break free.  

• Upvote 12
  • Love 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic